Gimbal moving up and down
5416 6 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

After the last update, my camera/gimble will just continuosly move up and down.  I can reboot the P4P and it will behave correctly but the next time it will bounce up and down all over again.  Suggestions?  I did have trouble with the update where the RC and aircraft wouldn't connect but I took everything back to default and did the update again and they connected.  Do I need to repeat this again to get rid of the bounce?  Good grief!  I hope not!
2017-7-25
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

Mine was moving side to side to the point I thought it was going to break.. but stopped after I re-linked (had to press the little paper clip sized hole), so kind of the same as mine, but again it stopped.. wish I could help more.
2017-7-25
Use props
Drone Lady
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4780 ft
Canada

Inspector_Tim Posted at 2017-7-25 13:36
Mine was moving side to side to the point I thought it was going to break.. but stopped after I re-linked (had to press the little paper clip sized hole), so kind of the same as mine, but again it stopped.. wish I could help more.

Thankfully mine is a slow bounce.  Doesn't look like it's going to break.  But I still need it to stop.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Does the issue appear when you powered on the drone or in the mid-flight? Is there any error message in APP? If not, please make sure the firmware update to the latest version successfully and then do IMU and gimbal calibration.
2017-7-25
Use props
Arwon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft
Australia

I too had a similar experience.  Too windy in my area to fly for the next few weeks, but will be checking it our once more stable air come my way.
2017-7-25
Use props
EarialBobo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 746703 ft
Ireland

in dont know if its still relevant. But i found a solution. And its seems to be permanent. Its the ribbon cable not being able to move freely. I discovered it by moving the gimbal by my hand. Till the point when i started to fell force and friction. There is a part of the  left hand side of the gimbal. Just remove 4 screws and You have an acces to the part of the ribbon cable that is easily spinning around its axis. I noticed there was lost of force going thru this part. I added some normal cooking oil by precision tools. And since then the gimbal never had a choke
2020-5-25
Use props
joesenegal
lvl.1

Senegal

Here is the solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKtUbl0URo
2023-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules