Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
are you afraid to fly your SPARK
1234Next >
12692 154 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

are you afraid of flying your drone after all the reports of fly aways and batteries shuting down?  i also have dji care and state farm insurance.
https://qz.com/1037497/people-ar ... ing-out-of-the-sky/
Single SelectVote, Total 352 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

57.95% (204)
40.62% (143)
1.42% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-7-25
Use props
dezign999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Right now, yes. I won't fly again until the firmware update.
2017-7-25
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

Scared, but I have DJI Care that makes me a bit less scared.
2017-7-25
Use props
fansdaf36ddd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1301519 ft
United States

I have logged 112 flights with zero issues.  And I'm not going easy on it.  Great little drone in my opinion.
2017-7-25
Use props
roberteb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Nigeria

Ah,wrong answer... Clicked No, but have option 3... Bought spare..
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

roberteb Posted at 2017-7-25 14:29
Ah,wrong answer... Clicked No, but have option 3... Bought spare..

If you have a spare you should have pressed 1, lol
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

"“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
2017-7-25
Use props
Advan031
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

Nope, not at all. I've only had minor issues with dronie not gaining altitude and laggy video via wifi.
2017-7-25
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I've never had a problem with my Spark but after this DJI Go app update the screen kept cutting out and was quite laggy.  Luckily I wasn't flying  I just turned it on to check out the changes. I'll wait for the firmware update to fly just to be on the safe side and hope the connection issue is fixed.
2017-7-25
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

I don't fear flying my spark.
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-25 14:40
"“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”

Game of Thrones?
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-7-25 15:21
I've never had a problem with my Spark but after this DJI Go app update the screen kept cutting out and was quite laggy.  Luckily I wasn't flying  I just turned it on to check out the changes. I'll wait for the firmware update to fly just to be on the safe side and hope the connection issue is fixed.

I had the same thing. Before the app update I did NOT have those issues. After the app update today, the screen was cutting out and going green. It was all before take off and once the drone established GPS and I took off, I noticed some lag in the video on the mobile device (more so than before).

Hopefully, the expected firmware update will 'mesh' with this app update.
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I must admit that this is the only UAV that I am fearful to fly. I've not taken it more than 5 feet off the ground and ONLY over grass (no concrete or water). Which sucks, I live in Louisiana - which is mostly water.
It's a strange feeling. When I got my first drone (P3- 4k), I just took it up and flew it wherever I wanted. Over water on day 1!  I still have that drone and still use it most often. I fly the spark everyday ( in my back yard - I'm TRYING to make it fail, but so far it won't) and tomorrow will make a week since I got it. I wish I wasn't as worried as I am, but 700 bucks is nothing to sneeze at (not for me at least).

If this thing fell into the water and I was offered 30% off a new one..... in less than a week of ownership - and no fault of my own.....  I don't know what I would do.... but I'd do something.
2017-7-25
Use props
Natesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

I am not scared to fly it, but I am being super cautious of where I fly it. I won't fly it over people or water. I won't fly it anywhere I couldn't recover it if it has some sort of critical malfunction. I suppose these are good rules to fly by with any aircraft. I had plans to fly it over the lake, those are on hold until I feel confident it won't fall out of the sky.
2017-7-25
Use props
animan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8317 ft
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-25 18:20
I had the same thing. Before the app update I did NOT have those issues. After the app update today, the screen was cutting out and going green. It was all before take off and once the drone established GPS and I took off, I noticed some lag in the video on the mobile device (more so than before).

Hopefully, the expected firmware update will 'mesh' with this app update.

Same here! Saw video transmission issues after update.  
However, I restarted my iPhone and flew it outside for a bit, and this time I did not see the issue.
2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

animan Posted at 2017-7-25 18:53
Same here! Saw video transmission issues after update.  
However, I restarted my iPhone and flew it outside for a bit, and this time I did not see the issue.

Thanks! I'll try that. I should have thought of that. I almost never turn off my phone, but I probably should more often. Especially after an app update.  
2017-7-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-25 18:30
I must admit that this is the only UAV that I am fearful to fly. I've not taken it more than 5 feet off the ground and ONLY over grass (no concrete or water). Which sucks, I live in Louisiana - which is mostly water.
It's a strange feeling. When I got my first drone (P3- 4k), I just took it up and flew it wherever I wanted. Over water on day 1!  I still have that drone and still use it most often. I fly the spark everyday ( in my back yard - I'm TRYING to make it fail, but so far it won't) and tomorrow will make a week since I got it. I wish I wasn't as worried as I am, but 700 bucks is nothing to sneeze at (not for me at least).

i think we all should be a little fearful of our little sparky's until DJI fixes things.. its not cheap and the way they tend to act when you let them off the leash is not good...

if you want to fly your spark i suggest finding  park or a field .. and doing practice runs.    keep it on a leash still, i maybe getting another spark to replace my dead sparky... if not a mavic pro.. my gf isnt allowing me to buy a Mavic Pro, so i maybe forced to another spark... and my plan is if i do, to not let it off a leash keep it locked down until dji fixes things..  and a lot of negative feedback vanishes.

2017-7-25
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-25 18:57
i think we all should be a little fearful of our little sparky's until DJI fixes things.. its not cheap and the way they tend to act when you let them off the leash is not good...

if you want to fly your spark i suggest finding  park or a field .. and doing practice runs.    keep it on a leash still, i maybe getting another spark to replace my dead sparky... if not a mavic pro.. my gf isnt allowing me to buy a Mavic Pro, so i maybe forced to another spark... and my plan is if i do, to not let it off a leash keep it locked down until dji fixes things..  and a lot of negative feedback vanishes.

Your girlfriend won't let you get a Mavic?!   You better get that locked down or you'll have bigger problems in the future!

LOL  Just kidding man, we gotta keep the women happy!     :-)
2017-7-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-25 19:00
Your girlfriend won't let you get a Mavic?!   You better get that locked down or you'll have bigger problems in the future!

its expensive...  she sees it as a toy.  which kind of honestly bothers me because..... i dont know it just does bother me..

she like, "you should get another ATV or something instead.. or get something to fix up the off road trails up at the family farm or something... dont waste $1000+ on a toy!"   

i was like: " it isn't a toy though?"     

her: "pfft" and walks down the hall to the bathroom.

hard enough to get an OK from her to spend $700 on spark fly more..   its our money..so she does get a say, if it was all my money, then i would straight up ignore her.. let her be mad.
weirdly though she doesnt mine i spend $1000+ on a gun.....   guess because it isnt a toy?
2017-7-25
Use props
fans179c0b48
New
Flight distance : 3609 ft
United States

1.  Yes.  Mine did exactly this - fell out of the sky after a connection issue.  DJI support has been awful.  If they're not going to issue a recall (they should), they should at least offer a full refund for anyone who bought one that now won't fly it.
2017-7-25
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Very scared ! Im afraid of the second time drop from the air because of the power cut issue
2017-7-25
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not scared to fly my spark what I am scared of is loosing a $700 toy
2017-7-25
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

fear to fly spark?
WeChat Image_20170726125444.jpg

my cats name is spark. she aint scared so i wont be scared too.
2017-7-25
Use props
fans3aaff045
New
United States

For the most part, my drone has been alright, but i did have problems on 3 of my flights. during the start up of it hovering, my drone would disconnect and say on my controller ( phone connected by cord ) that the aircraft disconnected. my drone would hover and soon try to land in the home point. then after a few seconds i would slowly regain signal. i would try to fly it but seem a bit scared for its future to be honest. but hopefully ill be getting back to flight soon as Dji handles this problem. happy flying! ( hopefully soon )
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Winstone Churchill...
2017-7-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-25 19:18
its expensive...  she sees it as a toy.  which kind of honestly bothers me because..... i dont know it just does bother me..

she like, "you should get another ATV or something instead.. or get something to fix up the off road trails up at the family farm or something... dont waste $1000+ on a toy!"   

Give her the spark, sell the gun and buy the Mavic.
2017-7-25
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-25 23:47

Haha, I love it!
2017-7-26
Use props
Convert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

'Game of Thrones?'

'Winstone Churchill...'

Jeeez

And no, happy to fly it so far.
2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

not scared just cautious.
2017-7-26
Use props
Sime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

I got mine yesterday, had about 8 flights in full on sport mode, not one single problem. Love it actually.
2017-7-26
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

While I'm afraid to fly it I will continue doing it as soon as new fw will drop.
2017-7-26
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-26 01:42
not scared just cautious.

Same here...
2017-7-26
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

Cautious about where I fly. Not over water/cars/people/places i can't recover it from if power fails in mid flight. I do have DJI Care
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ah... perhaps Game of Thrones 'borrowed' it.   LOL
2017-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Monochrome Posted at 2017-7-26 02:36
While I'm afraid to fly it I will continue doing it as soon as new fw will drop.

That's now...
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-25 19:18

Coming from a guy who's been married for about 30 years.... it can be an issue.

My dad has the perfect solution. When my mom starts telling him what he should do, he will say two words;  "I'll decide."  No matter what she says after that, for as long as she tries to convince him of her point, he will say nothing else but that. She eventually gets tired of hearing that and stops talking.  LOL

Of course, He's from a different generation. I don't have the balls for that myself :-)   Just a thought.

My wife sees the drones as toys as well. She isn't even too pleased when I buy guns (and I have more guns than drones!)  However, she can't pass a store without buying some shoes or a new outfit. So, I have no guilt. She does her thing and I (in a very quiet way) do mine!  LOL

She doesn't even know that I bought the Spark.  It's so small, she may never even notice.  hahaha

My answer to the 'toy' discussion is to get the part 107 and 'try' to make money with them. Then, they're a 'tool'. That worked for my camera equipment, so it should work for this. Assuming I'm able to make a dime with these things!  

2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-25 23:47

You never sell your guns. A drone can't save your life.  

guns > drones.  
2017-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-26 05:23
You never sell your guns. A drone can't save your life.  

guns > drones.

Maybe take your life. Guns are very much an American thing, don't have them in my. Country so very few people get shot, gun crime is zilch happy to have it that way.
2017-7-26
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-26 05:28
Maybe take your life. Guns are very much an American thing, don't have them in my. Country so very few people get shot, gun crime is zilch happy to have it that way.

Well, it may surprise you that I don't disagree. If they could all be made to disappear with the wave of a hand, I'd be all for it. However, the criminals will always have them.

The can of worms has been opened here for a long time. In my city, there are multiple shooting EVERY day!  I don't like it either. However, we're left with no choice but to fight fire with fire.

As they say;  "I'd rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."  Guns are just objects. They can take no action on their own.  In my house there are several all around. One is always within reach.  My area is safe, but one never knows when they may be a target. I never leave the house without at least two. One on me and one within easy reach in my vehicle.  That's just the way it is.

Will that protect me 100%?  No, but in some cases I'll at least have a chance.   screen guns.jpg      :-)
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-26 05:39
Well, it may surprise you that I don't disagree. If they could all be made to disappear with the wave of a hand, I'd be all for it. However, the criminals will always have them.

The can of worms has been opened here for a long time. In my city, there are multiple shooting EVERY day!  I don't like it either. However, we're left with no choice but to fight fire with fire.

exactly! well said.
2017-7-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules