Gimbal yaw feature not working?
1961 17 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Just updated to the new dji go 4 app and it was mentioned that you can now tune the gimbal yaw. It isn't working on my p4 standard. Are we waiting for a new aircraft update or is something wrong?
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which type of mobile do you use? Could you send us the screenshot in gimbal Advanced settings? We will check.
2017-7-25
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
United States

iPad mini 4. Gimbal yaw stays at 0.0 no matter how many times i tap it.. Whenever I try to adjust yaw it actually adjusts the roll. I clicked the yaw 10 times and it made the roll go 1.0 to the left or right. But yaw stays at 0.0. Default gimbal settings
2017-7-25
Use props
fans18b7f943
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330246 ft
United States

Same here...they completely blew it on that "feature".  Not only does it NOT update the numbers (0.0) when you tap, but it changes the gimbal ROLL, rather than the CENTER YAW!!  Incredible how the DJI developers can make a significant error like that, without a complete testing.
2017-7-26
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
United States

fans18b7f943 Posted at 2017-7-26 06:43
Same here...they completely blew it on that "feature".  Not only does it NOT update the numbers (0.0) when you tap, but it changes the gimbal ROLL, rather than the CENTER YAW!!  Incredible how the DJI developers can make a significant error like that, without a complete testing.

I agree. I was pretty exited to see the feature added as my gimbal is a few degrees off. It gets me wondering how exactly and thoroughly they test these firmware and app updates. Surely they must have known about some of these bugs people have been having with the new firmware before released.
2017-7-28
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

There’s another DJI GO update. I haven’t tested yet. Maybe it fixes the problem. Will keep you posted.
2017-7-28
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-7-28 07:43
There’s another DJI GO update. I haven’t tested yet. Maybe it fixes the problem. Will keep you posted.

I think OP is referring to the 4.1.5 release. I just saw it on the App Store. I wonder if it will work on my P4P... -not that I need to correct my gimbal yaw.
2017-7-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Yes, it's messed up in 4.1.5 too.  P4 Standard and iOS Air 2.

The YAW isn't working and remains at 0.0 no matter how many presses I give it.  It does affect the Roll though, and it will change the numbers in the gimbal level (Roll) settings if you have the horizon set to maybe a -2.0 to level it.

Also, the version update mentions it for the Inspire 2 as well.  Ain't there at all !!!

Someone at DJI messed up big-time again.
2017-7-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-28 08:21
Yes, it's messed up in 4.1.5 too.  P4 Standard and iOS Air 2.

The YAW isn't working and remains at 0.0 no matter how many presses I give it.  It does affect the Roll though, and it will change the numbers in the gimbal level (Roll) settings if you have the horizon set to maybe a -2.0 to level it.

Seeing exactly the same here regarding no change of value, and appears to be roll (horizon) adjustment rather that yaw angle.

Edit IOS 10.3.3 on iPad Pro 9.7.
2017-7-28
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Yes exactly the same here. Why add a feature that doesn’t work.
2017-7-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I honestly would like to know what crack programmer put this out there not working at all?  The version list saying that it works with the Inspire 2 also and it isn't even shown there in GO 4.1.5 is very odd.

More so that pressing the +/- Yaw buttons for the Phantom 4 stays at zero and doesn't increment, and then it affects the Roll and not the Yaw?  Really DJI !!!??   

2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi all,
Sorry for the confusion first. The zero value is one feature of APP and enable the Grid may be helpful to check. Our engineers are trying their best to optimize the function now. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
2017-8-2
Use props
racman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46729 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-2 00:34
Hi all,
Sorry for the confusion first. The zero value is one feature of APP and enable the Grid may be helpful to check. Our engineers are trying their best to optimize the function now. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Any idea why this feature (even though it doesn't seem to working on IOS version ) is NOT implemented in the Android version?
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

racman Posted at 2017-8-18 23:36
Any idea why this feature (even though it doesn't seem to working on IOS version ) is NOT implemented in the Android version?

I have not got the official ready date for now. We will release it as soon as it is available.
2017-8-21
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thank you for your feedback. We will fix it in next version.
2017-8-28
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Why is everyone so worried about new features that don't work, when they have not even fixed the failware yet. It's obvious they screwed that one up too. I am really starting to wonder if everyone quit over there and the cleaning people are the new engineers.
2017-8-28
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

racman Posted at 2017-8-18 23:36

They will be releasing a non-working version for Android soon, please be patient
2017-8-28
Use props
Drones Toronto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 953596 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan.   Have you posted a solution to this problem or released an update to the non working feature?   I have P4 P's with Yaw motors that will not center.  Can you please provide a solution?
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules