New Go 4 App update iOS Version v4.1.4.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated everything today but have not been able to fly yet. Has anyone else flown the latest Go 4 App version? Seems like many updated features for the Spark, P4 and the Inspire 2 (new gimbal controls) and hopefully some long awaited fixes!

Rich  

Go 4 App.jpg
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

We have high hope that it will fix overloaded Ipad CPU issue. Is this mentioned in release note?
2017-7-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 20:26
We have high hope that it will fix overloaded Ipad CPU issue. Is this mentioned in release note?

I will be testing it tomorrow for sure. I saw that and certainly hope they fixed the problem. I flew my Spark for about 9 minutes after checking all my settings. The iPhone 7 was getting pretty warm but everything worked okay.

I will be flying my Inspire 2 with my iPad Mini 4 in hot weather.... hope it works okay

Rich
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-25 20:50
I will be testing it tomorrow for sure. I saw that and certainly hope they fixed the problem. I flew my Spark for about 9 minutes after checking all my settings. The iPhone 7 was getting pretty warm but everything worked okay.

I will be flying my Inspire 2 with my iPad Mini 4 in hot weather.... hope it works okay

Rich, the new version hasn't been released to all users.
We are looking forward to your feedback about the new APP, please keep us posted if there is any problems after flight test. We appreciate that.
2017-7-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

So this is beta version for testing. Any plan for Android version?
2017-7-25
Use props
Seachronicity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

The CPU error persisted with the I2 and the IPad Mini 4 after this latest Go4 update.  I did not notice any glitches, but did lose signal at 1500 feet away with a frozen screen.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DTK Posted at 2017-7-25 22:59
So this is beta version for testing. Any plan for Android version?

Not really, the APP is released in batches, so is the Android APP. Please wait a moment.
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 22:31
We are looking forward to your feedback about the new APP, please keep us posted if there is any problems after flight test. We appreciate that.

Hi Mindy
I tested my Spark briefly yesterday and it worked just fine. The New DJI Go 4 App popped up in the Apple App store yesterday, so I figured DJI must have finished the fixes that everyone has been waiting for.

I will let you know after my tests later today
Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

I've now flown 3 flights since the update.  One yesterday afternoon with a 101ºF heat index flying in sport mode and then 2 commercial shoots this morning with similar temperatures.  For all 3 shoots I was standing in direct sunlight on concrete.  So far no CPU warnings.
2017-7-26
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-26 12:02
I've now flown 3 flights since the update.  One yesterday afternoon with a 101ºF heat index flying in sport mode and then 2 commercial shoots this morning with similar temperatures.  For all 3 shoots I was standing in direct sunlight on concrete.  So far no CPU warnings.

How was your video feed and did it crap out before you got through a set of batteries ?
2017-7-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

ronin rs211 Posted at 2017-7-26 14:05
How was your video feed and did it crap out before you got through a set of batteries ?

The 2 flights this morning wouldn't be a good test for that, since the drone was within 200ft of me the duration of both shoots, however, I didn't have any video issues yesterday when I was racing around the neighborhood in sport mode.  Before this update, my video feed would start skipping within 5 seconds of putting it in sport mode and then the CPU warning would follow.  SO FAR, I haven't had that issue with the latest app update.
2017-7-26
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

Inspire 1 can't run the Go 4 application right?

Damn you DJI - hurry up!
2017-7-26
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I ran v4.1.4 on my I2, yesterday. 15 minute flight, 625 ft max distance at 100 ft Altitude. No problems on my iPad mini4
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-25 22:31

My flight test today was good. I had no issues with my I2 or the iPad mini 4.

Please note that I am waiting for my camera to be returned

Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackwood Posted at 2017-7-26 12:02

Hi Blackwood,

I was able to test run my Inspire 2 today without any issues  it was about 98*F ..My iPad mini 4 worked just fine. only one set of batteries

I also flew my Inspire 1 without any problems using my iPad mini 4.  (of course it uses DJI Go App) on the new FW.
Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-7-26 15:28
I ran v4.1.4 on my I2, yesterday. 15 minute flight, 625 ft max distance at 100 ft Altitude. No problems on my iPad mini4

Yup.... me too

Thanks for the feed back !

Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-26 15:46
My flight test today was good. I had no issues with my I2 or the iPad mini 4.

Please note that I am waiting for my camera to be returned

Thanks for your feedback. We also have a new feature in the new APP, that is ''gimbal yaw tuning''.
Have you tried that?
Could you please leave me with the case number of camera? I didn't find it with your email address.
2017-7-26
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 20:30
Thanks for your feedback. We also have a new feature in the new APP, that is ''added gimbal yaw turning''.
Have you tried that?
Could you please leave me with the case number of camera? I didn't find it with your email address.

Can you tell us where the yaw tuning feature is hidden ? Because my X5s still drifts on its own while sitting on the ground..
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-26 20:30
Thanks for your feedback. We also have a new feature in the new APP, that is ''added gimbal yaw turning''.
Have you tried that?

Hi Mindy

I sent you my case number by PM

So, I looked at this new adjustment, this is a great addition for making the camera aim straight ahead. (will this be available for the Mavic too?)  This would have been very useful on the P4P camera that would not stay straight a few months ago. But the FW fixed that...  The engineers tweaked the device  CPU area too. My iPad mini4 is working fine again and have not seen the CPU loading message.

Thanks
Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-26 20:42
Hi Mindy

I sent you my case number by PM

We have no idea if this feature will be available for Mavic Pro in the future, if most customers have this request, our engineer may consider it.
Enjoy flying.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules