Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downgrading and warranty
1796 12 2017-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I'm still waiting for the beta firmware that DJI Natalia promised us one week ago. The main reason for not downgrading my P4 firmware is that I have serious doubts about warranty coverage if I have any problem with my P4.
This is my question to DJI: Is my P4 in warranty if I have any problem flying with a previous firmware version?
Thanks
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do not worry, the firmware version will not affect your warranty. If there is something wrong, our engineers will check whether it is a warranty case once they received the units.
2017-7-26
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Thank you DJI Susan.
2017-7-26
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

It's sad that owners even have to consider downgrading. More than two weeks since DJI's firmware destroyed many peoples' P4 drones and the only fix we have is one that was written by an owner in 24 hours. After two weeks, what have we received from DJI?  NOTHING. No acknowledgement that a problem exists, no solution and no indication of when a solution might be coming. Actually, we did get one request for beta testers so that some firmware could be sent to them for testing but that beta code was never sent.
2017-7-26
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Everyday that goes by without an official solution fron DJI makes me feel less confidence in them.
2017-7-26
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 00:33
Do not worry, the firmware version will not affect your warranty. If there is something wrong, our engineers will check whether it is a warranty case once they received the units.

nice info , ....... ready to safe flight
2017-7-26
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-26 00:33

nice info .. no more
2017-7-26
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

All this is exactly why I have not upgraded my firmware since I got my p4 over a year ago. Nearly had to tackle my wife to get my phone from her the other day. She was going through apps and upgrading them. Just barely stopped her Belford she updated the DJI app. I am safe to fly another day!
2017-7-26
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 2017-7-26 19:05
All this is exactly why I have not upgraded my firmware since I got my p4 over a year ago. Nearly had to tackle my wife to get my phone from her the other day. She was going through apps and upgrading them. Just barely stopped her Belford she updated the DJI app. I am safe to fly another day!

You can get older versions of the app at apk4fun. Im not sure about ios but you can for android for sure. im running 4.0.3 because the newer versions eat up WAY to much system resources. Id sure like to know what dji is using up every bit of cpu and ram for on a 2 ghz quad core with 3 gigs of ram. I guess the US Army asked the same question.
2017-8-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-11 15:05
You can get older versions of the app at apk4fun. Im not sure about ios but you can for android for sure. im running 4.0.3 because the newer versions eat up WAY to much system resources. Id sure like to know what dji is using up every bit of cpu and ram for on a 2 ghz quad core with 3 gigs of ram. I guess the US Army asked the same question.

'Id sure like to know what dji is using up every bit of cpu and ram for on a 2 ghz quad core with 3 gigs of ram. I guess the US Army asked the same question.'

Watch this, it explains why very well.
2017-8-11
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-11 15:14
'Id sure like to know what dji is using up every bit of cpu and ram for on a 2 ghz quad core with 3 gigs of ram. I guess the US Army asked the same question.'

Watch this, it explains why very well.

What am I watching?
2017-8-11
Use props
Lar1Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190755 ft
United States

Not sure if this is the forum for the question but here goes.
While clicking around my Mac tonight
I ran across an older version of Assistant 2.
Like many of us, myP4 worked flawlessly until the firmware update.
Since the update green screen loss of video transmission etc.
Although I am able to fly and continue to earn a few bucks.
it is, however very uncomfortable to be with a client and try to explain these issues.
Here's the question

Old Assistant 2 version 1.0.8
Current version 1.1.2-2

could I use the older version to downgrade??
Just wanted to ask before I attempted to mess with this before DJI got us a fix.

Thanks in advance,
2017-8-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Silly Bugger, I forgot to include the link: http://forum.dji.com/thread-108360-1-4.html

The video clip is a bit long, but Rick explains what is going on quite well.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules