Can I get pix4d app on phantom 4 pro plus?
7880 12 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6e009f2a
New
Flight distance : 2661 ft
Australia

Hey everyone, Can I get pix4d mapping app to run on a phantom 4 pro plus integrated tablet or is there a way to use an external tablet?
2017-7-26
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can't install any third party apps on the Plus. I believe that's the primary reason most of us don't have the Plus.
2017-7-26
Use props
Peterc90
lvl.1
Australia

From what i understand i could be wrong.
Pix4d, Drone Deploy etc will work one day when the developers create an app for the built in screen. I am not sure if Dji have released the SDk for the screen to developers or not.

i also do not think an external device such as a tablet can be used.

I really hope we can use an external device as we have a P4P and a P4p+ after making an incorrect purchase. the P4p+ is useless for us for surveying until we can use DroneDeploy etc.

Like i said, i could be wrong and i hope i am.

regards
peter
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phantom 4 Pro Plus does not support the third party APP for now. The request has been reported to our engineers for review, hopefully they will consider it in the near future.
2017-7-29
Use props
fans2bfbc87d
New
Flight distance : 2782 ft
United Kingdom

Hi is there
2017-11-3
Use props
fans2bfbc87d
New
Flight distance : 2782 ft
United Kingdom

hi is there any update on running 3rd party apps like pix4d on the p4p+ yet i would like to use it for surveying?

2017-11-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans2bfbc87d Posted at 2017-11-3 08:51
hi is there any update on running 3rd party apps like pix4d on the p4p+ yet i would like to use it for surveying?

Yes ... the update is that it's not possible.
It hasn't been possible since the P4 pro was released nearly a year ago so it's unlikely that it's going to change.
To use Pix4D etc, you would have to buy a regular P4 pro controller and use that.
2017-11-3
Use props
djiuser_vsypjWA
New

United States

fans2bfbc87d Posted at 2017-11-3 08:51

I also have  made the same mistake hopping DJI would fix this issue. I wish I would have seen this sooner
2017-11-9
Use props
fansa94656c2
New
Flight distance : 81168 ft
United Kingdom

Have DJI sorted the issue of using Pix4Dcapture with Phantom 4 Pro Plus yet?
2018-2-9
Use props
atmel007
New
Ukraine

Добрый день, как мне установить Программу Pix4d, Drone Deploy ???? я Купил 2 Phantom 4 Pro Plus и очень разочарован что не могу установит эти программы !!!  Производитель выпускает некачественный продукт. Когда сделают поддержку картографии?  /   Hello, how do I install the Pix4d Program, Drone Deploy ???? I bought 2 Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I'm very disappointed that I can not install these programs !!! The manufacturer produces a substandard product. When will the support of cartography be made?
2018-5-18
Use props
Mustard Seed
lvl.1
United States

fansa94656c2 Posted at 2018-2-9 00:51
Have DJI sorted the issue of using Pix4Dcapture with Phantom 4 Pro Plus yet?

+1 to this!
2018-6-18
Use props
Sky1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1042051 ft
Hungary

so why is the pix4d app then in the videos on the surface of the screen? If you take the dji smart controller, you can clearly see the pix4d capture app! Please update the firmware, because most of us use the UAVs professionally. DJI Terra is also not included, or possible to use! But what sense does this make? We pay more and receive less?!
2019-10-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sky1 Posted at 10-18 03:43
so why is the pix4d app then in the videos on the surface of the screen? If you take the dji smart controller, you can clearly see the pix4d capture app! Please update the firmware, because most of us use the UAVs professionally. DJI Terra is also not included, or possible to use! But what sense does this make? We pay more and receive less?!

According to Pix4D it's not compatible:
https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... ras-and-controllers

This should not come as a surprise since the drone came out 3 years ago, it has not been possible to load Pix4D or other mapping programs.
It's not realistic to expect DJI to change that since they haven't done anything about it for 3 years now and the  P4 pro has been out of production for so long.

You really haven't paid more for less.
You would have had to pay more to get a regular P4 pro and a tablet.
You bought the variant that's made for convenience and daylight bright screen viewing - not for professional mapping.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules