New firmware for Spark is Available (26/07/2017)
61551 324 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ironside
lvl.1
Italy

fans7839c910 Posted at 2017-7-29 05:58
The DJI GO 4 app for Android is not available.  Tried many time to get for Google Play store.

I am in Italy and I use a Samsung Tab. Store situations at 30 jul 2017 22:54 CET are:
Google Play Store - DJI Go 4 ver. 4.1.3
Apple Store - DJI Go 4 ver. 4.1.5

What should I wait to receive the latest Android version?
2017-7-30
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-30 12:40
Today I squeezed the spark. 150 minutes recording (about 14gb) 19 flights 2 hours flight. 1 problem only a disconnection from RC H 1.5mt D 6mt lost the blink signal and no longer hung up until I restarted RC. For today's promoted.

RTH problem is still?
2017-7-30
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Ironside Posted at 2017-7-30 12:52
I am in Italy and I use a Samsung Tab. Store situations at 30 jul 2017 22:54 CET are:
Google Play Store - DJI Go 4 ver. 4.1.3
Apple Store - DJI Go 4 ver. 4.1.5

hi i live in italy and my samsung galaxy s6 have 4.1.4
@Arcicorsa I never used RTH because I was flying in dangerous situations ... many trees ... very high

I moved constantly I was not standing.

I use 4.1.3 stable no error gimbal ... only one disconnect
2017-7-30
Use props
fans867a95f3
New
Flight distance : 10302 ft
United States

I tried using a Micro USB OTG Cable to connect my Galaxy Note 4 to my Remote Control (after the firmware update), and my phone didn't detect any connection at all. I tried different ways (turning on the RC first, then plugging it in to the Phone etc.) and none seem to work. Launched DJI Go App and no connection was detected. What about everybody else's experience? Can you guys still connect your phone to the RC via USB OTG?
2017-7-30
Use props
Ironside
lvl.1
Italy

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-30 13:16
hi i live in italy and my samsung galaxy s6 have 4.1.4
@Arcicorsa I never used RTH because I was flying in dangerous situations ... many trees ... very high

Well, strange situation now.
I cleaned the cache first in both.

Play Store from Samsung Tab E - DJI GO 4  v4.1.3
Play Store from Huawai Nova  - DJI GO 4  v4.1.4

Obviously I need to use Samsung for Spark. Do you have an explanation for this? Maybe each brand uses a different Play Store?
2017-7-30
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Italy

Use apkmirror site..or backup your dji go 4.1.4 in huawai with app..and send file with Bluetooth tecnology.
2017-7-30
Use props
Borat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127487 ft
France

ebo974 Posted at 2017-7-29 03:41
Lian what about gimbal tilt control? Not a new feature?

I was wrong, they did add the gimbal tilt control on tha endroid version 4.1.4, i just tried it yesterday. (this feature definitely wasn't there on 4.1.3 android)
2017-7-31
Use props
Ironside
lvl.1
Italy

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-30 23:37
Use apkmirror site..or backup your dji go 4.1.4 in huawai with app..and send file with Bluetooth tecnology.

How to download DJI Go 4.1.4 .apk with Huawei without install it? Google Play have Install button only.
2017-7-31
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Italy

Ironside Posted at 2017-7-31 00:58
How to download DJI Go 4.1.4 .apk with Huawei without install it? Google Play have Install button only.

SOrry for All:

Ita:
Devi usare un app di backup(scarichi dal google play store)...creano una copia del file in questo caso DJI go 4.apk all'interno del tuo dispositivo.

non hai mai fatto backup di app?

scarica da qui app dji go 4 4.1.4  http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji ... -download/download/

eng

You have to use a backup app (download from google play store) ... create a copy of the files in this case DJI go 4.apk inside your device.

Have you never backed up apps?

Download from here dji go 4 4.1.4

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji ... -download/download/
2017-7-31
Use props
Sinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201270 ft
Germany

I found a workaround for me to get V4.1.4.
I installed the app on my wifes phone, because with this google account no DJI Go app was installed before. My wife got 4.1.4.  After this, added my wifes account as a second accond on my phone, and installed DJI go again. Again the V4.1.4 was installed on my phone. Now i switched back to my userprofil and i have also 4.1.4. After this, i deleted the second account from my phone and everything work fine.
i think this should also work with a new account, but i didn't try it
If you don't know how to add a second user:
http://www.greenbot.com/article/ ... droid-lollipop.html
2017-7-31
Use props
Ironside
lvl.1
Italy

Sinus Posted at 2017-7-31 01:42
I found a workaround for me to get V4.1.4.
I installed the app on my wifes phone, because with this google account no DJI Go app was installed before. My wife got 4.1.4.  After this, added my wifes account as a second accond on my phone, and installed DJI go again. Again the V4.1.4 was installed on my phone. Now i switched back to my userprofil and i have also 4.1.4. After this, i deleted the second account from my phone and everything work fine.
i think this should also work with a new account, but i didn't try it

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, but I would prefer DJI to make downloading its applications from its site. I can not, every time there is an update, let me do all these steps to install a new application. If Google Play is not reliable to provide an update within a short time, DJI needs to make its users get the update as soon as possible without too much trouble.
2017-7-31
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Ironside Posted at 2017-7-31 02:16
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, but I would prefer DJI to make downloading its applications from its site. I can not, every time there is an update, let me do all these steps to install a new application. If Google Play is not reliable to provide an update within a short time, DJI needs to make its users get the update as soon as possible without too much trouble.

Easy guys it's not Google's fault if DJI issued a stage roll out of the update.

Blame DJI for doing so
2017-7-31
Use props
fans053efd4d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans867a95f3 Posted at 2017-7-30 16:26
I tried using a Micro USB OTG Cable to connect my Galaxy Note 4 to my Remote Control (after the firmware update), and my phone didn't detect any connection at all. I tried different ways (turning on the RC first, then plugging it in to the Phone etc.) and none seem to work. Launched DJI Go App and no connection was detected. What about everybody else's experience? Can you guys still connect your phone to the RC via USB OTG?

I too have experienced much inconsistency in using the "wired" method.  Many times the phone does not identify/recognize the remote.

I've been playing around with the hardware, trying various combinations of startup and connection order to see if I could find something that demonstrated consistency, and here's what I found (please try and share if you have the same results as I):

Start DJI GO 4 app on phone.  Start the remote (don't start the drone).  Wait for the blinking red light to become solid red.  Connect the cable to the remote (this would be the OTG end).  Connect the cable to the phone.  If the DJI GO 4 app doesn't recognize the remote, unplug the cable FROM THE REMOTE, and re-plug the cable into the remote.

Thus far, using this procedure, I've been able to establish the connection between phone and remote.  I've not had opportunity to try it for days and weeks, but in about one dozen attempts this has worked for me (thus I'm curious about your experience as well).

I've tried about every permutation one can think of, including using android to "force stop" the app, resetting the phone, which device I power on first, which one I plug in first, and combinations of all of those different steps.  So far this one (above) seems to do the trick.  I don't know or understand why unplugging the cable from the phone and re-plugging it in wouldn't work, but it doesn't (for me).
2017-7-31
Use props
fans8ec47d2f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26637 ft
Kuwait

Anyone experiencing battery overheating after the upgrade? Is there a way we can look in the logs to see the average temps before and after the upgrade?
2017-7-31
Use props
Tinch0
lvl.1
Argentina

I updated to the last version (27/07 update) and Im still having the same problem: Dronie mode wont climb
2017-7-31
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

fans8ec47d2f Posted at 2017-7-31 08:18
Anyone experiencing battery overheating after the upgrade? Is there a way we can look in the logs to see the average temps before and after the upgrade?

Today in Czech republic is tropical temperature.. My car show 30°C in shadow.. I flight total about 4Km in one flight and baterry temperature not over about 46°C..

FW AC, RC and app is up to date.

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... d=POWERBattery_Info
2017-7-31
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Italy

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-7-31 11:28
Today in Czech republic is tropical temperature.. My car show 30°C in shadow.. I flight total about 4Km in one flight and baterry temperature not over about 46°C..

FW AC, RC and app is up to date.

today i don't show error(IOS 4.1.5)....but RTH test hehehe ops i dont press REC
2017-7-31
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:36
today i don't show error(IOS 4.1.5)....but RTH test hehehe ops i dont press REC

Hello, i uploading video from today flight. Today i have no any problem with RTH .

app version 4.1.4 run on Android 7 .
2017-7-31
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Italy

mmh i think RTH mode Gimbal stabilization are disable?

Anyway Guys When i use Protection Propellers Max speed is 44km/h today i test H-80mt sportMode 44km/h :C
2017-7-31
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:58
mmh i think RTH mode Gimbal stabilization are disable?

Anyway Guys When i use Protection Propellers Max speed is 44km/h today i test H-80mt sportMode 44km/h :C

Gimbal stabilization worked with RTH. Look on my video .. I drive drone in the Sport mode (Gimbal not stabilized Ailerons, elevator stabilized).

LOG: https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... a8a&page_id=GENERAL

2017-7-31
Use props
Amber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133793 ft
Croatia

Tried several times and not working it stops at 5%
2017-7-31
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

What is wrong with this company? Why can't they get their act together and test the end user experience before releasing an update.

You guys are nuts for putting up with DJI.

Sorry, but to jump through all these hoops just to perform an update is crazy.
2017-8-1
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

shouldnt ios be 4.1.5??
2017-8-1
Use props
Jimmyeao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6604 ft
United Kingdom

fans053efd4d Posted at 2017-7-31 07:58
I too have experienced much inconsistency in using the "wired" method.  Many times the phone does not identify/recognize the remote.

I've been playing around with the hardware, trying various combinations of startup and connection order to see if I could find something that demonstrated consistency, and here's what I found (please try and share if you have the same results as I):

This works for me every time...
1. Power on Spark
2. Power on RC - wait for light to go green
3. plug cable into phone first
4. plug cable into RC
Phone beeps and connects.
2017-8-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jimmyeao Posted at 2017-8-1 07:55
This works for me every time...
1. Power on Spark
2. Power on RC - wait for light to go green

I don't think that where the spark is powered (in the order) is relevant for the OTG connection.  I save the spark for last to preserve battery power, but I could see powering it first gives it the time and opportunity to get gps lock.  I power my spark last after I've confirmed that I have connection between RC and phone.  Either way, it seems that plugging into RC last provides the most consistent success.
2017-8-1
Use props
Tom Brady
New
United States

I agree. The order doesn't necessarily matter. What I have found is that you need to be completely out of the DJI app before connecting to phone. This means closing it in the background too. This has been the only consistent way for me to get Apples "device not supported" message, which is a virtual guarantee I will have no problem with OTG connection. Also stays connected this way when powering down spark to change the battery.
2017-8-1
Use props
Tom Brady
New
United States

This is my first attempt at using my drone for long flights...everything else was quick flights (less than 200m). I was out at 800-1200m with crystal clear connection, no lag.
2017-8-1
Use props
Lush123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16627 ft
Canada

Finally got the 4.1.4 Android..... long wait  
2017-8-1
Use props
lucsvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Completed the update on July 26th, without any issues.  I know that it took a long time to finalize the firmware update 98% to 100% but completed without issues.  Changed the batteries and updated them also without issues.  Last night I connected to my RC and the firmware was also updated without issues.  Noticed the gesture seems to be more responsive and with greater stability.  The only gesture that isn't working yet is the Video Record and Stop.

I'll keep testing the new features and provide feedback as required.
2017-8-1
Use props
rockstarinlife
New
United States

Thanks and I updated my spark.
2017-8-1
Use props
FineBrian224
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19902 ft
United States

Dronie still doesn't ascend
2017-8-1
Use props
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-7-26 07:58
here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ae72c5bunmuvc2x/DJI%20GO%204_dji.go.v4.apk?dl=0

Hi, i have downloaded but the package appears to be corrupt which to install.
Pls help. thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

ASEPK Posted at 2017-8-1 19:39
Hi, i have downloaded but the package appears to be corrupt which to install.
Pls help. thanks

I can updated, uninstall first and then install again.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi all, the new firmware has been released for several days, how is it going with your drone? If you still have issues, please refer to the link below to export the data, upload them to the Dropbox, then reply my post with the Dropbox link and a brief description of your issue, I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis, Thank you in advance.
2017-8-1
Use props
ddavewoods
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still can't get the video recording gesture to work
2017-8-2
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

I have the feeling, that after the firmware update, i get less radio and video range, both with the controller and the mobiledevice standalone.
I life in the CE region and use a Samsung Galaxy S7.
When flying i always put the phone to "Airplane" mode and bluetooth off.
Still no OTG tried.

To get used to the Spark i just fly on wide open spaces with no WiFi nearby.

When i flew just with the SGs7 before the update i just had "Bad Video Connection message" starting at around 25m but could fly to a video connection brake for around 60m. Never experienced a message like "poor radio channel quality"
Now after the update flying with the SGS7 alone gets me a "poor radio channel quality" right after around 6m. Until around 40m the Spark sometimes lost connection for the break of a secound and isn´t responding to stick inputs and choppy videofeed.
With the remote i could manage a flying distance to a max of arouond 400m until the video feed broke.  Now after the update flying with the RC i get the "Bad video connection message" starting at around 50 m, with choppy videofeed.
I  hope DJI can fix the issues with the Spark ASAP. I don´t need the 2km range from FCC but i want to get at least the 500m with good videofeed.
So long no "Drop from the Skyies" and in Dronie Mode it well ascends after 2-4 Meters straight flight.

I came  to DJI as a long time Yuneec pilot because i have heared so much great things about DJI, so the Spark was my first experience with DJI. And, sorry to say that for all the things i read here on the Spark forum i don´t think that DJI is so much better then Yuneec :-(
2017-8-2
Use props
PHOTOlulu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 952625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pano no longer works after updating firmware. It used to work before with the latest app update.
2017-8-2
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-2 06:00
I have the feeling, that after the firmware update, i get less radio and video range, both with the controller and the mobiledevice standalone.
I life in the CE region and use a Samsung Galaxy S7.
When flying i always put the phone to "Airplane" mode and bluetooth off.

I am in Czech Republic.. My longest flight is 1.5km https://healthydrones.com/main?c ... 3b1bc5c26897e3cda8a .. Use OTG with Galaxy S7..

2017-8-2
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

I am feeling like a forced beta tester owner of spark =/, anyone are feeling the same?
2017-8-2
Use props
popmart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215594 ft
Italy

For me everything ok with the new firmware! Of course with OTG and 2.4ghz
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules