Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Spark is Available (26/07/2017)
61329 324 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparkguygc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Jimmyeao Posted at 2017-8-1 07:55
This works for me every time...
1. Power on Spark
2. Power on RC - wait for light to go green

Been my method as well since I got my Spark
2017-8-2
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

5.8 Ghz is a lot better for me now than 2.4 with this new firmware , I can also go further in distance and with a smooth video feed on 5.8 .
2017-8-2
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2017-8-2 17:16
5.8 Ghz is a lot better for me now than 2.4 with this new firmware , I can also go further in distance and with a smooth video feed on 5.8 .

The video quality/latency on 2.4 is definitely worse than 5.8, even in the middle of nowhere with 0 interference. It's so frustrating!
2017-8-2
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-8-2 18:51
The video quality/latency on 2.4 is definitely worse than 5.8, even in the middle of nowhere with 0 interference. It's so frustrating!

Yes that's what I noticed, but see on the previous firmware it was the opposite for me 2.4 was actually usable and 5.8 wasn't , but I like that they improved 5.8 just don't see why they had to break 2.4 in the process.
2017-8-2
Use props
Kutingerz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90538 ft
Philippines

STech - Hathder Posted at 2017-8-2 11:33
I am feeling like a forced beta tester owner of spark =/, anyone are feeling the same?

i feel the same too
2017-8-3
Use props
fans622a41dc
lvl.1
United States

Same here. Absolutely we are unpaid beta testers, taking the place of paid thorough testing.
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_pL1lwja
New
United States

I can't update the latest firmware even after restart spark and redownload the app...why?
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-2 06:00
I have the feeling, that after the firmware update, i get less radio and video range, both with the controller and the mobiledevice standalone.
I life in the CE region and use a Samsung Galaxy S7.
When flying i always put the phone to "Airplane" mode and bluetooth off.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, could you please export the data of the drone, then upload them to the Dropbox? I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. You can refer to the video which I  posted in Post 274# to export the data, thank you in advance.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_pL1lwja Posted at 2017-8-6 14:05
I can't update the latest firmware even after restart spark and redownload the app...why?

Could you please provide more details about this issue? Have you got any error message? Please provide some screenshots.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dari_017 Posted at 2017-8-2 20:38
Yes that's what I noticed, but see on the previous firmware it was the opposite for me 2.4 was actually usable and 5.8 wasn't , but I like that they improved 5.8 just don't see why they had to break 2.4 in the process.

could you please export the data of the drone, then upload them to the Dropbox? I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. You can refer to the video which I  posted in Post 274# to export the data, thank you in advance.
2017-8-6
Use props
fans3cc31ee2
New

United Kingdom

I have a nexus 7 and it will not let me download controller update keeps closing app this is for a spark
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Hm1EHxd
New
United States

How do i connect with the OTG cable.  Seems like the new update won't let you connect without WIFI?

2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Hm1EHxd
New
United States

How do i connect with the OTG cable.  Seems like the new update won't let you connect without WIFI?

2017-8-10
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

djiuser_Hm1EHxd Posted at 2017-8-10 07:02

if you have been connected directly to your phone the last time you had the spark on you have to connect to wifi in order to reset the wifi and link with the RC. after it is linked you should power it all down and then power it on but this time connect the otg instead of wifi. you will only have to do this if you connect to the spark directly with your phone. otherwise you should be able to do it easily the next time.
2017-8-10
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

dari_017 Posted at 2017-8-2 20:38

same..  5.8 Ghz feels amazing most part with OTG on RC and iPad in airplane mode.  but it was reversed on 0.400 firmware..  2.4Ghz was better..  interesting change..

i tried it on my farm and around a small town a few times.. 2.4Ghz still goes furth at my farm, probably the trees, 2.4Ghz probably propagates through woods better.  but 2.4Ghz is also noticeably more laggy, like good 2 second delay at times..   5.8Ghz is buttery smooth all way out but once im into the woods 5.8ghz is useless, 500 feet in, RC signal is lost.    2.4Ghz i can usually double that range. but with multiple seconds of lag..
2017-8-13
Use props
Malakyte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216043 ft
Japan

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 03:49
maybe try downgrading and then try the update a second time with that battery?

FOLLOW-UP ON THE INCONSISTENT FIRMWARE ISSUE AND "SNAKE-EYED BATTERY"
I couldn't update my third battery which got stuck with the two middles LED always ON. It eventually drained completely with no possibility to charge it anymore (attached to the drone of via the hub). I shipped it to my local DJI Support Center in Tokyo and they sent me back a brand new battery within 10 days. Really great service!

I bought another one to FLY EVEN MORE and had to update this one as well. I noticed that the process got stuck at 98% for quite a long time (1 or 2mn), until the drone reboots, which makes you think that it failed.  If this happens, be patient, it will terminate eventually.

Happy ending.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Malakyte Posted at 2017-8-13 16:17
I couldn't update my third battery which got stuck with the two middles LED always ON. It eventually drained completely with no possibility to charge it anymore (attached to the drone of via the hub). I shipped it to my local DJI Support Center in Tokyo and they sent me back a brand new battery within 10 days. Really great service!

yep.. it just takes a while.. mine gets stuck at 78% for 5 minutes then reboots and finished getting stuck at 98 or 99% for a couple more minutes then reboots again..
2017-8-13
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Malakyte Posted at 2017-8-13 16:17

that is great news!
2017-8-14
Use props
fansd96d1ca4
New
Flight distance : 2280 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How long should a firmware update take? Ive just bought a Spark and am trying to update the firmware. So far, it appears to be stuck on 1%.....been there for over 30mins. I suspect either the phone or drone battery will give up soon. Is this normal?
2017-8-14
Use props
A2988
New
Flight distance : 2621 ft
United States

How to setup flight distances in the app when using quickshots? I have a spark with remote controller?
2017-8-20
Use props
Jeff68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96893 ft
Taiwan

A2988 Posted at 2017-8-20 00:18
How to setup flight distances in the app when using quickshots? I have a spark with remote controller?

Press 1 of the 4 quick shot you want, then press it again to access the range setting
2017-8-20
Use props
ets26
New
Flight distance : 8704 ft
Croatia

spark remote gl100a
2017-8-21
Use props
fansb2aa28f7
New
Sweden

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! <<————————————

I CANT FLY MORE THEN 50M.

Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached     -<————— THIS MESSEAGE ALL THE TIME!!!!!   I have latest firmware all off my staff

DJI SPARK

2017-8-23
Use props
bguzelsoy_85
New
Sweden

Hi

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!! <<————————————

I CANT FLY MORE THEN 50M.

Warning:Max Flight Altitude Reached     -<————— THIS MESSEAGE ALL THE TIME!!!!!   I have latest firmware all off my staff

I am living in Sweden and latest firmware in my remote control , dpi spark  and on my iPhone.

Sometimes i can fly without any problem but sometimes i got this message.  I did restore my machine but still same problem.. What should I do ??
2017-8-23
Use props
Psands18
New
United States

Terrible update for androids, cant even connect my spark to my S8. Before the update I had hours and hours of flight time. New update App ALWAYS crashes
2017-8-24
Use props
Andpopse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3343 ft
United Kingdom

How long does the firmware update take ?
2017-8-27
Use props
yooogii
New
Switzerland

My remote is not working any longer after i was doing the Controller update through the Dji App. The upadte process crashed during the update and since then i can't reconnect to the controller as the Wifi does not show up.
I tried already to reset the Controller by holding the power-button for 9sec until it beeps, no change.

So, my RC is useless due a failed update process? What should I do now?

I'm really disappointed!
2017-9-3
Use props
vasi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16099 ft

France

So now there is a 4.1.8. which does not work for anyone and which was not even announced?
Was it released by mistake? As I saw in other topics, we should not update to 4.1.8, correct?
2017-9-5
Use props
fahmad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12018 ft
Indonesia

Hello, all

I want to ask for advice

every time I record a video or photo with my spark dji, and i remove sd card from aircraft and i input to computer.

why always appear the image format is not support so the image can not be in the right. and the same problem also happened with the video I recorded from dji spark.

for my information use sd card sandisk 32gb class 10 speed rate 48MB / s.

please solve it for the above problem
2017-9-5
Use props
andym91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

Please add d-log or flat color profile for video!
2017-9-5
Use props
rmd610
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85200 ft
United States

Having lots of trouble updating the firmware on the controller.  Controller continuously beeps and the update is stuck at 5%.  Have restarted this several times with no luck.  Brand new Spart here, never even one flight and it's taking hours and hours to get this thing set up.  Very disappointed so far!!
2017-9-6
Use props
LordOM4
New
Flight distance : 9511 ft
Singapore

rmd610 Posted at 2017-9-6 06:12
Having lots of trouble updating the firmware on the controller.  Controller continuously beeps and the update is stuck at 5%.  Have restarted this several times with no luck.  Brand new Spart here, never even one flight and it's taking hours and hours to get this thing set up.  Very disappointed so far!!

I had the same problem.  It seems to be something wrong with the current app.
I installed an older version of the app, and the update was no problem.

Here is the link to the old apk-file:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... go-4-4-1-5-release/

I installed it on a old phone, just in case, but it worked nicely.
So finaly I could fly! But alas the whole city here is a no-fly zone.
2017-9-6
Use props
chiawei
New
Singapore

i just get a new battery recently, when i put in on my spark it doesnt ask for any update. But it cant take off due to battery firmware is not updated.may i know is there any way to update my battery again? and the QR code at the back of battery doesnt work as well. please provide me solutions!
thanks !!!
2017-9-23
Use props
stalters
lvl.1
United States

I've not done any Firmware update for over a week, but I have Aircraft Version 01.00.0600, RC Version 01.00.0400, App Version 4.1.9. All of these seem to be newer updates vs what this Firmware post says. Am I missing something? BTW, I'm a new flyer.
2017-9-27
Use props
stalters
lvl.1
United States

stalters Posted at 2017-9-27 11:23
I've not done any Firmware update for over a week, but I have Aircraft Version 01.00.0600, RC Version 01.00.0400, App Version 4.1.9. All of these seem to be newer updates vs what this Firmware post says. Am I missing something? BTW, I'm a new flyer.

Sorry, was looking at the date incorrectly. I was seeing 9/27/2017, not 7/27/2017. Disregard my last post. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stalters Posted at 2017-9-27 11:27
Sorry, was looking at the date incorrectly. I was seeing 9/27/2017, not 7/27/2017. Disregard my last post. Thank you.

Even so, your app version is out of date - DJI GO 4 on IOS is now version 4.1.11
2017-9-27
Use props
stalters
lvl.1
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-9-27 11:57
Even so, your app version is out of date - DJI GO 4 on IOS is now version 4.1.11

Oh, shoot, it is!!! Thank you for letting me know! I didn't realize that. I guess it's good I posted after all.
2017-9-27
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stalters Posted at 2017-9-27 12:22
Oh, shoot, it is!!! Thank you for letting me know! I didn't realize that. I guess it's good I posted after all.

Having updated myself on IOS, the use of an OTG cable now restricts range to 100m - so be mindful of that before you update. That said, wireless transmission quality has improved between the RC and mobile and you can manually switch frequency from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz and lock the channel index yourself now too.
2017-9-27
Use props
stalters
lvl.1
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-9-27 12:32
Having updated myself on IOS, the use of an OTG cable now restricts range to 100m - so be mindful of that before you update. That said, wireless transmission quality has improved between the RC and mobile and you can manually switch frequency from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz and lock the channel index yourself now too.

Good to know. I have the cable, but have not used it yet. I think the highest I've gone thus far is 109m. I haven't flown too far from myself yet, as I'm still fearful of somehow losing the Spark. Once I'm more comfortable flying there'll be no stopping me! lol
2017-9-27
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stalters Posted at 2017-9-27 12:57
Good to know. I have the cable, but have not used it yet. I think the highest I've gone thus far is 109m. I haven't flown too far from myself yet, as I'm still fearful of somehow losing the Spark. Once I'm more comfortable flying there'll be no stopping me! lol

Take your time and build your confidence. Make sure the home point is recorded on the map before take off with a strong GPS signal, ensure the compass is working properly too and keep the drone in line of sight at all times and you will be fine. Flyaways are mainly caused by flyers rushing through the preflight checks and flying too far around areas with high interference. And sorry to say but there is one thing that will stop you going too far LOL - the FAA! You must maintain VLOS of the drone - typically no more than 500m from you or, if caught, you could face a heavy fine or worse but yes, in the States I've seen experienced flyers take the Spark out to 2 miles away!
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules