Battery exploded
9674 84 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Can you tell us more?  Was the battery swollen?  Did you leave it fully charged for an extended period of time?  Did you leave it in your car during the hot afternoon?  

Here is an example, but I believe this was a little P1 battery

The most important thing to remember when your battery explodes and liquid lithium is burning furiously in your home or place of business is -

DON'T DROP YOUR SANDWICH
2019-8-11
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen this happen with a P2 Battery and a Spark battery, the P2 was punctured in a crash and the Spark happened because of a faulty charger, which also caught fire. That's in around 6 years of dealing with drones though, I've seen plenty of exploding none-DJI li-on batteries, but i wasn't directly involved with those, i just know they happened.
2019-8-12
Use props
Miro Perez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Though it is to late invest in one of those explosive proof cases for battery’s
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_h88zeJrc1tNe
New

I just had one explode was f'n crazy!!! Billowing smoke burnt my hardwood floor got it into a glass bowl (first thing I could grab) put it outside still billowing smoke and getting red hot then bowl blew up I grabbed a metal pan and poured a 18L jug of water on it. The smoke has made me naucious and my throat hurts. Was scary. If I wasn't home would of lit the house on fire!!!!
2019-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_h88zeJrc1tNe Posted at 9-28 17:48
I just had one explode was f'n crazy!!! Billowing smoke burnt my hardwood floor got it into a glass bowl (first thing I could grab) put it outside still billowing smoke and getting red hot then bowl blew up I grabbed a metal pan and poured a 18L jug of water on it. The smoke has made me naucious and my throat hurts. Was scary. If I wasn't home would of lit the house on fire!!!!

You have our sincere apologies for what happened, please send email to support@dji.com with the scene photos and the serial number of the battery and the drone, then keep us updated with the email ticket number, we will inform the team for a better follow-up.
2019-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules