Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Big Big Thank you for firmware downgrade
12Next >
4435 46 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

To all those extremely clever and kind people who have put together the firmware downgade package, I'd like to say a big thank you I have downgraded my firmware without a hitch still not flown it yet, but have had no imu calibration come up, no flashing 2 x red/ green leds, the imu warm up was how it used to be.
I think DJI had better take a long hard look at themselves and hang there head in shame, that they did'nt or could not be bothered to sort this major problem out, but a group of clever forum folk could.
2017-7-26
Use props
Otto4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162812 ft
Norway

i have downgraded aswell and it works ok, but be ware of the obstical avoidens system! sometimes it dont work and you get error message on the screen.
2017-7-26
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

No thanks to DJI.
2017-7-26
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

I'm frustrated as well.. but I'm not sure how to go about this, do you just downgrade the AC or the App or both?

Thanks in advance!
2017-7-26
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Inspector_Tim Posted at 2017-7-26 19:19
I'm frustrated as well.. but I'm not sure how to go about this, do you just downgrade the AC or the App or both?

Thanks in advance!

I just downgraded the P4, everything worked fine with controller and app.
2017-7-27
Use props
havrosh
First Officer
Flight distance : 566785 ft
Czechia

Inspector_Tim Posted at 2017-7-26 19:19

Thanks in advance!

Downgrade aircraft only.
RC and app will work correctly.
2017-7-27
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's fantastic how the forums can be a great place to self resolve issues like this and they are not always places for hate and trolls.  I used this forum to downgrade my Nvidia Shield and it was such a complicated process that I wonder why people take the time to type it out for the likes of us.  Some people are just so helpful.  Big thanks to all those who always help rather than hinder, and I appreciate there always has to be people who complain, because without them there is nothing to help
2017-7-27
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.3
United States

I guess what I'm wondering if there's a link with known / working instructions? Trying to avoid making it a brick.
2017-7-30
Use props
Draiter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FprPluM1nFEJ:https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
2017-8-1
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.3
United States

Draiter Posted at 2017-8-1 15:40
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FprPluM1nFEJ:https://forum.dji.com/thread-105986-1-1.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Thanks!

I have a P3P.. looks like I'll have to keep waiting.. I appreciate the response though!
2017-8-1
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

How to downgrade..where to get firmware..thank you for PM
2017-8-1
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
France

Inspector_Tim Posted at 2017-8-1 19:33
Thanks!

I have a P3P.. looks like I'll have to keep waiting.. I appreciate the response though!

The link does not work
2017-8-1
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

T-R Posted at 2017-8-1 22:22
The link does not work

https://webcache.googleuserconte ... p;ct=clnk&gl=ca
2017-8-2
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well took it out for first real flight test since the downgrade as only chance I have had due to work, the weather was terrible really blustery day, flew great even in the wind no poxy wind warning came up, as I know if its too windy,  which it was but wanted to see how it would perform, No IMU calibration, not even compass calibration, it was fighting with the blustery weather but no bucking like some crazed mule, tested sports mode motors sounded as they did before and did not flip the P4 over like last time I used it. I did do some tests in garden a few days ago just a hover, Obstacle and Vision Positioning System test they were fine.
Will do a test video and other tests when I have a nicer day but so far looking good.

2017-8-3
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

My downgrade also worked perfectly. Thanks so much those of you that posted the instructions. They cannot be posted here due to the forum rules but you should be able to find them on non-DJI forums.
2017-8-3
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Took the P4 out for a test again as it was a nice day the only problem I had was tripod mode came up on the GO app and this requires latest firmware, Tested out S-mode again this worked well no problems motors sound in sync, tested auto take off which I never use hovered at 4 feet after take off very stable, tap to fly OK, Tracking worked ok, RTH worked well landed bang on target not certain about precision landing I think that requires latest firmware as well, took it up to about 288 feet to test the hover and and take a few pics to make a pano shot was very stable and it was a little windy at that height, so far so good will be using it more often now I'm happy its not going to freak out.

pano

pano
2017-8-11
Use props
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Inspector_Tim Posted at 2017-7-30 16:51
I guess what I'm wondering if there's a link with known / working instructions? Trying to avoid making it a brick.

Most likely you already have a brick which is why you are looking for help here. In my humble opinion, go for it, you have little to lose, and summer is burning away
2017-8-11
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

usarfireman Posted at 2017-8-11 07:58
Took the P4 out for a test again as it was a nice day the only problem I had was tripod mode came up on the GO app and this requires latest firmware, Tested out S-mode again this worked well no problems motors sound in sync, tested auto take off which I never use hovered at 4 feet after take off very stable, tap to fly OK, Tracking worked ok, RTH worked well landed bang on target not certain about precision landing I think that requires latest firmware as well, took it up to about 288 feet to test the hover and and take a few pics to make a pano shot was very stable and it was a little windy at that height, so far so good will be using it more often now I'm happy its not going to freak out.

how you made the Pano?  P4?  software?     
2017-8-11
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-11 21:17

Free app on the Apple Store
2017-8-12
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

usarfireman Posted at 2017-8-12 01:16
Free app on the Apple Store

Darn.... I use android... thank you.   Oh!  When I run dumbel**  , you know the small application may is better not called here, on backup, I got a message about " array error"   did you got that too.?
2017-8-12
Use props
usarfireman
Second Officer
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-12 17:25
Darn.... I use android... thank you.   Oh!  When I run dumbel**  , you know the small application may is better not called here, on backup, I got a message about " array error"   did you got that too.?

No had no error messages at all,
2017-8-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-11 21:17

If you have a PC, you can also create panos from photos or a pan in a video using Microsoft ICE. And it's free too!
2017-8-12
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

My P4 back from DJI - it had five of the reported issues after upgradeing the firmware - I never had any previous firmware issues , on return from DJI it has previous firmware as requested installed - flys perfectly again - strong clear HD transmission , no warnings or errors , stable and responsive , no filming issues in any resolution, I had sent back before the rollback link got circulated but just wanted to confirm that another standard P4 flying perfectly again running previous firmware.
2017-8-13
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.1
Australia

Can anyone that has downgrade tell me what firmware version comes up when plugged into DJI assistant, I used bin file 1.2.602 but DJI assistant tells me I have version 02.00.0106 ???
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scunoo Posted at 2017-8-13 03:15
Can anyone that has downgrade tell me what firmware version comes up when plugged into DJI assistant, I used bin file 1.2.602 but DJI assistant tells me I have version 02.00.0106 ???

What do you see in 'About' in 'General Settings' menu (with all connected and powered up) ? The aircraft reports that directly to the App'. What is in Assistant 2 is the only version available on the server.
2017-8-13
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks Aardvark, yes it says 01.02.0602
2017-8-13
Use props
F.KOK
Captain
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-8-13 03:04
My P4 back from DJI - it had five of the reported issues after upgradeing the firmware - I never had any previous firmware issues , on return from DJI it has previous firmware as requested installed - flys perfectly again - strong clear HD transmission , no warnings or errors , stable and responsive , no filming issues in any resolution, I had sent back before the rollback link got circulated but just wanted to confirm that another standard P4 flying perfectly again running previous firmware.

Hello Oz, so your Drone is now on firmware 602 after receiving it from DJI and it's working well.
2017-8-13
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

F.KOK Posted at 2017-8-13 04:25
Hello Oz, so your Drone is now on firmware 602 after receiving it from DJI and it's working well.

Hey mate - yes previous firmware 602 , perfect again - strong clear constant transmission, super stable, no filming issues in any resolution, no motor noise , no error warnings
2017-8-13
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.1
Australia

I downgraded last night and my P4 is now back to normal, flying perfect once again, thanks to everyone that helped me out with bits of advice and how to downgrade, I am happy once again.
2017-8-14
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

i was very apprehensive about downgrading my firmware but everything went perfectly well according to the directions and fw posted.  i was actually shocked how easy it was.  for anyone who is still grounded by this disastrous fw, what are you waiting for?  It will be a long time before i blindly accept another fw upgrade notice, especially one that promises i can roll back if i don't like it.
2017-8-18
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

YAY!                              
2017-8-19
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Is there a Mac version for the rollback?
2017-8-19
Use props
Scunoo
lvl.1
Australia

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-8-19 20:29
Is there a Mac version for the rollback?

Not sure mate, you might have to do some research on that, but I would be finding a mate with a windows PC ASAP if there isnt
2017-8-21
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

Scunoo Posted at 2017-8-21 03:44
Not sure mate, you might have to do some research on that, but I would be finding a mate with a windows PC ASAP if there isnt

Thanks. I have access to a PC that I'll use.
2017-8-21
Use props
P4Mano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-8-13 03:04

Are you saying that the only thing DJI did was downgraded fw?
2017-8-21
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

Finally was able to downgrade back to version 602. I see the post on how to do it is now gone but I saved all of the links and was able to perform the downgrade flawlessly. Now for the test flight later today.
2017-8-21
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

My goodness, you people are so lucky. I'm sitting here with a hobbling frail old man version of the Inspire 2, thanks to the firmware disaster.

Wishing there could be some proper documentation for this to be downgraded. DJI's recent firmware totally hosed my entire Inspire 2 system. It's a complete piece of junk now.
2017-8-21
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

I just flew after downgrading to .602. Perfect, just as it was before the new update. Happy camper once again.
2017-8-21
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i used this trhead:     How to downgrade from failware 02.00.0106 to v01.02.0602
but it's all gone... :-(
is there a new link to this downgrade guide.... i'am trying to help a friend.. so he also can be flying again :-)
2017-8-22
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.4
United States

Jan Jensen Posted at 2017-8-22 04:32
i used this trhead:     How to downgrade from failware 02.00.0106 to v01.02.0602
but it's all gone... :-(
is there a new link to this downgrade guide.... i'am trying to help a friend.. so he also can be flying again :-)

It's on YouTube. Search that same phrase and it'll pop up. It also has the links to the sites.
2017-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules