Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Image Transmission after update - Phantom 3 Advanced
8164 17 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansad7aa854
New
United Kingdom

After updating about 2 weeks ago, the image transmission has gone from weak and laggy to non-existent. I just get a black screen although telemtry is working.

This phantom was working fine before the update. I've read a million things and theories about it and tried everything.

It looks like the update process can result in frying or overheating of the video transmission circuitry/chip and if that's true I think it deserves a response by DJI -- these ideas, rumours, and accusations are all over the Internet.

I've had 2 great years with the Phantom and praise DJI all the time. I swear by them. If my phantom had simply dropped into the sea or something, I wouldn't complain, I'd go buy another.

But if a firmware update can destroy a DJI drone then all bets are off -- I will not buy one again.

2017-7-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansad,

Refresh your firmware update and see if it improves.  Make sure you have a rock solid Internet connection.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What you have tried? May I know what mobile device are you using? Is the APP up to date? Can you take photos and videos?
2017-7-28
Use props
Gdawg
New
United States

I am having the same problem with mine. Remote is saying that signal is weak. Was doing this before update as well but had pixelated images at best. After update it went total black with no image.

Any thoughts?

Also I am reaching out to support for their thoughts.

2017-7-28
Use props
Joe.cowell320
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I have been flying for over 12 months with very few issues. I recently had to upgrade firmware on my P3 pro (andriod tablet Samsung 10") firmware downloaded OK from DGI app, both RC & Craft but I just get 'weak Remote Controller Signal, plus I can't get a picture on my tablet (still or Video). i HAVE TRIED ON A NUMBER OF OCCASSIONS BUT SAME RESULT.
PLEASE HELP. Cheers JC.
2017-7-28
Use props
fans8b1ceff4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286680 ft
United States

same problem here. Plus my Go app says i now have the Professional.. I have the ADVANCED. THE app is telling me that my gimbal is disconnected too. It is not.   I got a hold of support they just told me to send it in... BOO
2017-7-28
Use props
fans8b1ceff4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286680 ft
United States

same problem here. Plus my Go app says i now have the Professional.. I have the ADVANCED. THE app is telling me that my gimbal is disconnected too. It is not.   I got a hold of support they just told me to send it in... BOO
2017-7-28
Use props
fansfab9bc5a
New
Flight distance : 14541 ft

United Kingdom

I was having the same problem but I just re installed it and it's been fine ever since. My friend has had all sorts of problems with the new firmware for the p4 advanced and DJI aren't being helpful. Everyone needs to get on to tech support and complain.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans337b355b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 500741 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here with P3P since FW update. Never had issues in 18months. Tried everything to fix.
Post update we have no transmission of drone telemetry data or camera view.
RC connects & starts rotors, can move camera & record video/take pics.
Just doing it blind!

2017-8-2
Use props
Jagger
lvl.1
Uruguay

Same problem after updating about 2 weeks ago!!!!!!!!! "Everyone needs to get on to tech support and complain." Check!
2017-8-3
Use props
occasus
New
Sweden

Same problem with my P3P after updating about 3 weeks ago.  I can record video files which look fine, but the live feed is black. The app says the image transmission signal is full. I've tried various solutions with no luck. Same thing on 3 different smartphones. I have a very important project coming up in 2 weeks, and it looks like I'll have to go with the emergency solution of buying a new Phantom 4.
2017-8-7
Use props
Adepto
lvl.1

Italy

nobody fixed this problem yet? i have same problem. i connect to the drone but can't see any image coming from it
please if someone finds out how to fix this, share it.
2017-8-8
Use props
Joe.cowell320
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Adepto Posted at 2017-8-8 00:58
nobody fixed this problem yet? i have same problem. i connect to the drone but can't see any image coming from it
please if someone finds out how to fix this, share it.

NO FIX YET!!! DJI NO RESPONE, DON'T KNOW WHERE TO GO NEXT - JOBS TO DO!!!
2017-8-9
Use props
notoriousPIG
lvl.1

United States

RE: No Image Transmission after update - Phantom 3 Advanced

I have the same problem on my Phantom 3 Pro.
My versions are as follows:
App: v3.1.14
Aircraft: v1.11.20
RC: v1.9.2

My RC is linked to my drone and I get all data except I have "No Image Transmission Signal" and can not figure out how to see where I am flying. I can do everything else, just can't see the live stream camera. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, downgrading and upgrading, everything. Please help, I can not fly without seeing live video!!!

2017-8-9
Use props
Adepto
lvl.1

Italy

did they update the app? i still have 3.1.8
did they fix any problem with the update?
2017-8-10
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard. I updated the DJI Go App on my Motorola G5 Plus android 7 phone and right after that I got the problems with the image transmission.
Also in the app it is flipping around with the drone images before you can select 'Enter camera' . It shows a different drone. When I can enter the camera mode, it is all black with no telemetry data and saying RC transmission is weak or image transmission is weak, at other times a laggy live stream. I recall the first time I started the app, it gave an error 'RW_error' , although I clearly gave the app full permission to my phone, when asked.

Now the funny thing is, it is working PERFECT on my iPad, of which I also updated the DJI Go app. Nothing wrong there, " Ready to fly' and fast live stream. I've updated the P3S FW via the Ipad, to see if that would clear up the problems on my Android phone. No luck there. I've downgraded the app to older versions of last year.. no luck. Impossible to get it to function properly on Android right now.

So I am wondering; are all of you with the problems running on Android or iOS?  I'm trying to sell my P3S, that is why I updated the app, because a buyer would also download the lastest from the app store.
So probably I can't sell it to an Android user, but I can to someone owning an iPhone, iPod touch or Ipad... every update I'm scared, because this has not been the first time something has gone wrong.
This weekend a buyer is dropping by with an Android phone. I gave him a heads up about the issues I'm experiencing, hopefully it is working on his phone. DJI makes great product and I understand it is harder to code for Android than iOS because of many different hardware / software, but more testing is needed.   I'm 100% sure nothing is wrong with the P3S, it is with the Android app. I just don't understand why it is also malfunctioning with older app versions.

Sorry for the long post. If you are experiencing the problems with Android, ask a friend with an iPhone if you may use his/her phone to connect to your Phantom 3.
2017-8-10
Use props
DutchBiker
lvl.1
Netherlands

Extra; I download the app on my wife's Android phone, she has exactly the same. Guess what? No problems. Must be something on my phone then. Maybe the DJI Go 4 app for the Spark... not sure. At least I can sell the P3S. But I'm still certain that the iOS app is more stable than the Android one.
2017-8-10
Use props
djiuser_bUrqhKc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6115 ft

Australia

i have the same problem and nobody has any clue what caused it or how to fix it
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules