Anyone still have their P4 on the Beta FW?
761 19 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. I'm wondering if one of the previous P4 beta firmware testers still have their P4 on v2.00.0012?
2017-7-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bumping back to top. Hey, surely everyone on the Beta wasn't That keen...
2017-7-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Just bumping PunchBuggy's thread. If we can find a beta tester that still has access to the original beta firmware, they might hold the golden ticket. Please come forward beta testers!!
2017-7-27
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

wrong file
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

jesper n Posted at 2017-7-27 01:24
Sorry i will fix new link

Hi Jesper. You lost me. Are you saying that you still have a P4 with the beta firmware?
2017-7-27
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Sweden

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 01:37
Hi Jesper. You lost me. Are you saying that you still have a P4 with the beta firmware?

I have posted a link to my backup off the beta firmware.
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jesper n Posted at 2017-7-27 02:00

Just to double confirm, this is the  bin for the original firmware from earlier this year v2.00.0012 ?  
2017-7-27
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Sweden

jesper n Posted at 2017-7-27 02:00

Sorry my files are in a mess...i will fix it.
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I looked in the header of the bin it says 02.00.0106. Sadly, that's not what we are looking for. We are trying to find someone that is still on the ACTUAL beta firmware that predates this official release. That way we can roll back to the firmware which is hopefully more stable than 02.00.0106
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Doesn't look like we're getting very far in our quest, does it pal? Where have all those beta testers that were so vocal during Wold War I gone??
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 15:29
Doesn't look like we're getting very far in our quest, does it pal? Where have all those beta testers that were so vocal during Wold War I gone??

You're right SED. I have to assume that all the Beta testers were too keen to update, like I did... I should have started with a poll perhaps. That way we knew how many Beta testers looked at this thread but didn't respond due to already having updated.
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Oh it would be so nice to have that beta firmware. Surely somebody has it. My be worth messaging everybody in "Is dji abandoning its beta testers" thread. Surely somebody has it still.
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if its not somewhere in your history. You know its gonna be about 75 mb. Might be worth checking your temp folder or the Assistant 2 folder showing hidden files. You downloaded it so maybe its in your downloaded files. Figure out exactly what it was called and search for it or just search .bin and go through every .bin file and look for it.

2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Possibly a recovery app. If its not been written over its there somewhere. You can try to recover old temp files. I imagine thats where it was kept after download.
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-27 16:19
Oh it would be so nice to have that beta firmware. Surely somebody has it. My be worth messaging everybody in "Is dji abandoning its beta testers" thread. Surely somebody has it still.

Someone has already done that in the 'Abandoned..' thread, Duc. I've also started a specific thread asking - lots of views but no bites with one yet. I think all the testers were just too keen...

The idea to look for temp files is a good one, but it would have been downloaded in January and I run a very clean ship. It's my professional background in PCs - damn it!
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-27 16:26
Someone has already done that in the 'Abandoned..' thread, Duc. I've also started a specific thread asking - lots of views but no bites with one yet. I think all the testers were just too keen...

The idea to look for temp files is a good one, but it would have been downloaded in January and I run a very clean ship. It's my professional background in PCs - damn it!

Well that sucks. I bet somebody can recover it from there temp folder. A recovery app would likely recover it on a pc thats not been defraged. With a large enough hard drive it may not be written over for months.
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I keep backups of everything and I can't find the most recent update. Bunch of .sig files in Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Data\firm_cache and some others in \AppData\Roaming\DJIAssistant2\Cache - but no binary files
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 16:54
I keep backups of everything and I can't find the most recent update. Bunch of .sig files in Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant\Data\firm_cache and some others in \AppData\Roaming\DJIAssistant2\Cache - but no binary files

Well done SED. I'm not at home currently, but aren't the individual driver files the .sig ones? The dir branch naming would suggest that's the right place to be looking. Perhaps Assistant 2 unpacks the .bin file into that directory prior to applying? But you'd need the .cfg file too.

Have you seen the structure of an unpacked firmware? There's a directory for each unpacked firmware in Icer's download. Definitely done all the work for us...
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-27 16:54

Might have to direct it show hidden files and search as admin.
2017-7-27
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe Icer could help us. I'll take a proper look in the morning, but we need to get a former beta tester on board that will likely have the files too. Anyone??
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules