Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RESTRICTED ZONE UNLOCK UNAVAILABLE?
8927 48 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378635 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 04:34
Could you please PM me your email account which you used to contact Fly Safe Team? I will help to contact them to reply as soon as possible, thanks.

Thanks Mindy,

All sorted out now. Mission flown and Client happy.

I do have comments on how the flight went. Especially surrounding the fact that we were on the Red Zone line for most of the flight and had many unusual flight behaviors.
2017-12-1
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-10-24 06:04
This is really out of control. We, meaning FAA Remote Pilot Certificate holders should have our gear unlocked. We are the responsible parties. We passed the test and understand the rules and airspace and are responsible for our actions. I have my Part 107 certificate and my P4P and Inspire are commercially registered with tail numbers posted on both sides of each respectively. I understand that the reckless parties have created this situation. I am not reckless, in fact, more cautious and aware now that I have my certificate than  before because I now know the rules and airspace. I don't want to be in any unfortunate circumstances including losing my investment. We should be able to submit a copy of our registration and certificate to DJI and have our quads unlocked. I will sign any release that you want and more than happy to submit copies of the FAA documents. My vehicles are registered and I have a drivers license. Is my vehicle capable of breaking the rules? Most certainly! Do I, No!

As a note, I went to do a job the other day and the GO App stated that I was in Class C Airspace. I was a good 1/2 mile outside of Class C and no where near an V Airways. I checked my location on the Sectional and B4youfly.

Just because you passed a written test doesn't make you an experienced pilot.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-12-1 14:51
Thanks Mindy,

All sorted out now. Mission flown and Client happy.

It's good to know the issue got sorted out, happy flying.
2017-12-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2017-12-2 08:03
Just because you passed a written test doesn't make you an experienced pilot.

Did you pass it?
2017-12-3
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own all the gear, been flying RC since 2004 and I have my camera guys get their 107, then they supervise me flying.  They hustle to get work, pay insurance and list my company as additionally insured loss payee.  I get to keep my hobby status.  They just call to book me and keep me insulated from the production hastle so I just can concentrate on flying and keeping my kit up.  Its better since they have the relationship with the production company as camera ops and then can explain no fly zones and deal with getting permissions.  
2017-12-4
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

I was at jet rally this weekend in Gardener Ma. It's has been held at the gardener airport for over 10 years. Yellow on map flysafe map. A new pilot lost a 8 thousand dollar jet out in the woods and on Friday afternoon and I could not get my phantom 4 unlocked to do a search to recover for this very expensive equipment. No unlocked with a mobile device? Account verification and a text in the past. We AMA members had authorisation to fly here and the jet is still lost. I am beyond upset that DJI locked my personal drone in yellow zones without a PC. How do emergency teams use DJI equipment?
2018-8-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My understanding is that many if not all yellow zones have a hidden red zone within them.  Its size varies depending on the airport, but it would have to be custom unlocked.  That may be what caused your problem.

In an emergency, you should be able to block the GPS antenna and fly in ATTI.  You can block with foil or a beer can, but I like this stuff because it's sticky and has multiple layers of RF blocking foil:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE ... :g:XmkAAOSwA4dWJCEi

Good luck
2018-8-20
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>

No red spot, just DJI removing the ability to unlock via mobile device. Can someone tell us why and how we can fix this for licensed operators.
2018-8-24
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now