New Firmware for P4s
3841 33 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Well! Here is an update! One of my Sons came over today and being a lot more computer literate than me solved the problem! He apparrently removed and reinstalled the DJI App and checked a few Google settings and it is now flying and behaving perfectly with the new software! So perhaps try this, I hope it will help someone else!!! Thanks Rob!!!
2017-7-27
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Go to thread How to downgrade from failware 02.00.0106 to v01.02.0602 and do the downgrade, mine crashed because of this latest firmware
2017-7-27
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

usarfireman Posted at 2017-7-27 03:42
Go to thread How to downgrade from failware 02.00.0106 to v01.02.0602 and do the downgrade, mine crashed because of this latest firmware

Looks like i will have to, Thanks
2017-7-27
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

usarfireman Posted at 2017-7-27 03:42

I just don't get it. Users found the way of how to downgrade, it's being posted here on the forum and DJI doesn't give us anything? Not even - hey guys, you are doing this on your own, we don't protect you if you brick the drone. Nothing....
2017-7-27
Use props
Stjinkyfeet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-7-27 11:05
Great video! Thanks!
I would not have thought to backup the current firmware as a test to see if everything is working before uploading the new firmware.

yeah thats a very important step. better to have the backup fail than the update ;)
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please provide more details of the issue which you are facing with the new firmware? I'd like to help, and will forward it to our engineers.
2017-7-27
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

DJI please update us on the Firmware fix.
2017-7-28
Use props
rolsch_p4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46834 ft
Germany

Yes,
same Problem here with my NEW P4P.
- probs with vid-stream and wobbling...

The actual firmware V2 ist failware. Was the DJI Testing-Staff on Holiday?

...make an downgrade now...
2017-7-28
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-27 23:43
Could you please provide more details of the issue which you are facing with the new firmware? I'd like to help, and will forward it to our engineers.

Keeps telling me to upgrade and I have done it! I have switched off both the remote and the P4 after the update but it continually tells me to update, I am sick of doing this, I had no problems b4 with the old software now it is unusable I have followed the instructions carefully many times but it will not work it keeps connecting to the unit then disconnecting continually giving me a green screen on the tablet. Update!   Now Fixed!!!
2017-7-28
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... peid&typeid=368
2017-7-29
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Come on DJI Diana , you know the problems people are having with the new firmware, it's a disaster
2017-7-29
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

LOL! You're joking right? A cursory read over these forums reveals a cocktail of major issues and you dare ask this question in such an oblivious manner? DJI is a joke. Read these forums and you'll be presented with a litany of major issues! Your reply reveals how little DJI actually care about their customers and their ability to consciously blind themselves to your software issues. A question like this is plain offensive.
2017-7-29
Use props
4real
New
Denmark

RIP me, I just updated phantom 4 drone + controller and now it's beeping red all the times and says battery cell error wtf can i do ...
2017-7-29
Use props
Dixie Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492392 ft
United States

After update I am stuck in beginner mode. I cant go higher than 98 ft (30 meters) or farther than 98 ft from  home point.  I checked the selection button for beginner mode and it was off. I switched it to on to see what changed. I saw the limitations message, clicked OK and tried to fly again in beginner mode. Same results. Altitude and distance restricted to 98 ft.

Switched it back off and got the message "The sensitivity and speed of aircraft will be substantially increased after disabling Beginner Mode. Fly with caution."  Attempted another flight with same problem.

I've started and restarted multiple times and removed the battery completely for several minutes, reinstalled with no change in results. I even checked the altitude limitations. Everything is where it should be.

Hopelessly stuck in Beginner Mode for now.  HELP!
2017-7-29
Use props
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

4real Posted at 2017-7-29 09:59
RIP me, I just updated phantom 4 drone + controller and now it's beeping red all the times and says battery cell error wtf can i do ...

Downgade as shown in video on this thread
2017-7-29
Use props
4real
New
Denmark

I finally got the error away idk how.

But now im getting encoder error 1x000000 or something like that.. I'll downgrade if it won't work in a bit but what did they mess up..
2017-7-29
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

I'm getting VPS errors since I upgraded to the new firmware. I downgraded to 602 which fixed the errors for a few flights but then the VPS errors came back. Tried VPS calibration but my left sensor doesn't work. My P4 was running perfectly for 10 months prior to 'upgrading' to this failware and now I have a tonne of problems! Need a fix asap, in the Maldives on a professional shoot. DJI remain silent and obviously don't care. I will be considering legal action.

IMG_0028.PNG
2017-7-29
Use props
EliranHaliva
lvl.2
Flight distance : 139383 ft
Israel

Same is here!
Few hours ago i connected my phantom 4 open on my ipad mini 4 the dji go 4 app, and it ask for update i press okey and it start to update
After it finish i restart the P4 and RC open the dji app again
And from this point the P4 not usable!!!
The RC not stop to flash green/red lights !!!
When i try to enter fly screen the app connect for 1-2 sec and disconnect with stuck red strip screen!!!!
On the dji app settings > about > aircraft is unknown version
The remote version 1.6 and not update to 1.8

Everything looks bad! Dji wake up or we do public prosecution !

my mail: eliranhaliva@icloud.com
Wait to hear from Dji support!
2017-7-29
Use props
fansa91178af
lvl.1
United States

Since successful update my app does nothing. No vids only horizontal wide green stripes across screen flickers of vid in horizontal strips sometimes. No info on screen ,I can fly ok by sight. Calibrations off,says can't connect to craft.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

4real Posted at 2017-7-29 13:23
I finally got the error away idk how.

But now im getting encoder error 1x000000 or something like that.. I'll downgrade if it won't work in a bit but what did they mess up..

Is this issue resolved? If not, please tell me what you have done, provide a screenshot of the error message, what is the current firmware of the drone.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dixie Flyer Posted at 2017-7-29 10:51
After update I am stuck in beginner mode. I cant go higher than 98 ft (30 meters) or farther than 98 ft from  home point.  I checked the selection button for beginner mode and it was off. I switched it to on to see what changed. I saw the limitations message, clicked OK and tried to fly again in beginner mode. Same results. Altitude and distance restricted to 98 ft.

Switched it back off and got the message "The sensitivity and speed of aircraft will be substantially increased after disabling Beginner Mode. Fly with caution."  Attempted another flight with same problem.

What mobile device are you using? Remove the APP, install it again, then sign in the APP, make sure the beginner mode is disabled, then try to fly it in an open area, see if it works. If it is the same, please try to restart the drone and the APP for several times.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

gyrex Posted at 2017-7-29 13:34
I'm getting VPS errors since I upgraded to the new firmware. I downgraded to 602 which fixed the errors for a few flights but then the VPS errors came back. Tried VPS calibration but my left sensor doesn't work. My P4 was running perfectly for 10 months prior to 'upgrading' to this failware and now I have a tonne of problems! Need a fix asap, in the Maldives on a professional shoot. DJI remain silent and obviously don't care. I will be considering legal action.

I would recommend you send your drone in for diagnosis and repair since this is a hardware problem, it will be covered by warranty if it is product malfunction and within the warranty period.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansa91178af Posted at 2017-7-30 03:10
Since successful update my app does nothing. No vids only horizontal wide green stripes across screen flickers of vid in horizontal strips sometimes. No info on screen ,I can fly ok by sight. Calibrations off,says can't connect to craft.

Could you please provide some screenshots about this issue for better assistance? What mobile device are you using? Can you take photos and videos?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

EliranHaliva Posted at 2017-7-29 18:10
Same is here!
Few hours ago i connected my phantom 4 open on my ipad mini 4 the dji go 4 app, and it ask for update i press okey and it start to update
After it finish i restart the P4 and RC open the dji app again

Reinstall the APP, then connect it to the RC, see if you are able to upgrade the RC again. As for the drone, please refer to the video below to upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 02:57
It is not recommended to use the drone with any third-party tools, it may void the warranty.

Just please fix this disastrous firmware
2017-7-31
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 02:57
It is not recommended to use the drone with any third-party tools, it may void the warranty.

Fix this disastrous firmware and we won't have to use third party apps
2017-7-31
Use props
djiuser_zPTpOkj
New

Canada

Est ce quelqu'un parle français
2017-7-31
Use props
RFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182178 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

djiuser_zPTpOkj Posted at 2017-7-31 08:23

Oui. Que désires-tu'? Faudra peut-être m'écrire un message personnel (voir à gauche).
2017-7-31
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Je parle francais aussi. Hesite pas...
2017-7-31
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

DJI...WTF IS WRONG WITH YALL
2017-7-31
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

What did he do? You were not really clear on whether you downgraded or reinstalled the latest firmware again and  changed some Google settings?
2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aint no telling. There on a censor rampage. They dont want it fixed, and they dont want you fixing it!
2017-7-31
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

djiuser_zPTpOkj Posted at 2017-7-31 08:23

Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas............
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules