Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beta firmware
12Next >
4744 49 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan K
New
United States

I have reached out in another post but it may have been burried.  I have been having video connectivty and gimble issues since the last update.  After the Phantom 4 Pro boots completely  my gimble starts to vibrate and make a horrible noise.  I am requesting access to the beta firmware to try and resolve my issue.

Everything is up to date, reset device, and more with no luck.  If I cannot fly my drone I paid over $1,500 for then what good is it?  Leaves a horrible taste in my mouth for future purchases.

Email associated with account is rpk2012@gmail.com
2017-7-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Ryan. I'm not aware of a new Beta available for the P4P - only the one available prior to the most recent prod release (which has now been superseded).

When you say you 'reset' your device, do you mean you refreshed the firmware? My advice is to set the craft to Factory Default, reboot the craft, and use Assistant 2 to do a firmware refresh. If a Windows PC, make sure that Assistant 2 is installed with driver enforcement disabled (Shift-Restart-Troubleshooting) and run in Admin mode (right click - Run as Administrator).
2017-7-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ryan,

Besides the very good information Punchbuggy gave you, be sure that you are using Assistant 2 version v1.1.2-2.  This will get you the latest firmware for the update.  It is available on the P4 Pro downloads page.

Hope this Helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I had informed our engineers to release the beta firmware to your account.
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.
Please try to see if it could help.
2017-7-28
Use props
beeper
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-28 02:00
Please connect your drone and mobile device, launch DJI GO 4 app with the account you provide logged in, connect to the internet to get the push notifications.

What about the beta firmware for the Phantom 4?
2017-7-28
Use props
Ryan K
New
United States

During update, drone restarts at 56% and then the update fails.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ryan K Posted at 2017-7-28 15:18

Had you tried to upgrade again? Please keep the power above 50% when you attempt to upgrade again.
2017-7-29
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
First Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ryan K Posted at 2017-7-28 15:18

I had this problem, the solution is to go to the command in parameter / about / chek update and then this should work :-)
2017-7-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

beeper Posted at 2017-7-28 02:10
What about the beta firmware for the Phantom 4?

Hey Beeper. I'd put my money on the next firmware release to fix issues will be for the P4P again - then the P4A, then the P4. So much in common between these models, logically DJI would want to get it right for their flagship first, then retrofit all relevant driver updates into the firmware for the P4.

It's likely it's this way, as Natalia was talking about a beta for the P4 a few weeks back, but nothing has been released for testing. Meanwhile, the beta for the P4P has gone into full swing and access is flowing...
2017-7-30
Use props
Alicatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10971 ft
Belgium

Does this new firmware address the problem of not being able to reduce the bit rate of the video transmission for users in Europe?
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alicatt Posted at 2017-7-31 10:34
Does this new firmware address the problem of not being able to reduce the bit rate of the video transmission for users in Europe?

Change location on your device to USA and it works, it's a requirement of the EU radio regulations I believe.
2017-7-31
Use props
Alicatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10971 ft
Belgium

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-31 10:53
Change location on your device to USA and it works, it's a requirement of the EU radio regulations I believe.

Not sure on how to change location like that on the device, I did try setting my location in the app but it still does not let me reduce the bandwidth in the HD menu.
2017-8-1
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Alicatt Posted at 2017-7-31 10:34

Alicatt, what do you mean by "reduce the bit rate of the video transmission for users in Europe" ?
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alicatt Posted at 2017-8-1 03:19
Not sure on how to change location like that on the device, I did try setting my location in the app but it still does not let me reduce the bandwidth in the HD menu.

If iOS device then in 'Settings' menu, then 'General', then scroll down to 'Language & Region'. Change this to USA, you should then be able to chose 'Custom' mode in channel select, which allows you to manually pick channel and also vary bandwidth for video feed. On iOS tap on box and select value.
The region can be changed on Android devices by changing keyboard to English (US) in 'Language & input' in Settings menu. On my Nexus 7 (2013) the slide is a very unresponsive, keep trying (tapping on slide or try to move slide back, on mine it works eventually)..
2017-8-1
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Reducing the bitrate will benefit people with CPU-weak phones/tablets and have nothing to do with where people use their drone. When you reduce the bitrate, you compress each image more heavily and therefore get more artifacts in each frame. It provides less traffic between the controller and the phone/tablet.

I also thought it's weird DJI does not let people in Europe reduce it, while elsewhere around the world it is possible.   

Regards Leif.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-1
Use props
Dharcrow
New
Flight distance : 354318 ft
United States

Did you ever get your issue resolved?  I am still waiting on the beta and DJI Thor told me he sent it over 2 days ago.  I'm wondering if I and just doing something wrong.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Dharcrow Posted at 2017-8-1 11:00
Did you ever get your issue resolved?  I am still waiting on the beta and DJI Thor told me he sent it over 2 days ago.  I'm wondering if I and just doing something wrong.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I had our engineers to confirm again. They will help to check the release notice.
2017-8-5
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-5 12:24
I guess no beta for me either? No response to my pm to you in 5 days.

Sorry, I'll confirm again. Thanks for your patience.
2017-8-6
Use props
CanonMax
Captain
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 03:57
Sorry, I'll confirm again. Thanks for your patience.

Hello DJI Thor...

Any idea if or when a new firmware will be released?

Thank you for an answer...

Max
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2017-8-6 04:13
Hello DJI Thor...

Any idea if or when a new firmware will be released?

It had released already, please log in your account to get the notice.
2017-8-7
Use props
FiShBuRn
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

New FW for P4P has released today or is @DJI Thor talking about beta FW?
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 04:01
It had released already, please log in your account to get the notice.

Wow, so there is a beta for the p4p but not the p4? You have got to be kidding! Weve been over a month with your crap software, some of us completely grounded. There are FAR more people effected by your failware on the p4 than the p4p and for much longer yet the p4p gets a beta first even though we were promised a beta weeks ago and AGAIN DJI lets us down. Wow, im just blown away by another DJI fail. With all dji's fails when are you gonna start offering something that actually works? I give up. Im done with dji. I swear on everything that is holly I will NEVER buy another dji product and I will tell everyone I can just exactly why. You people have let me down time and time again. I want to know why there is no rollback? Your latest software is hacked so that can not be the reason, so why? What are you trying to protect? What is in that firmware that is so important that you are willing to sacrifice your reputation, your place in the industry, and your future profits? Maybe the US Army is on to something. Dont ignore me, I WANT AN ANSWER! I think you owe us all an answer so I demand an answer or im boxing up this new p4 I just bought direcly from dji and its going back. If you wont take it back then I will contact my credit card company and tell them exactly why I want my money back and link them to this site and the threads that show your promises and your lack of making good on those promises. Then ill have a p4 and my money. Im pretty sure they will see it my way. Are you a gambling man Thor?
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-7
Use props
DavidB88
New

United States

Hi DJI Thor,

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the new beta firmware update. dbolyard@amtus.com  
Phantom 4 pro.

Thanks
2017-8-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-7 15:04
Thor- are you kidding me? No beta update released to me yet. I sent you ANOTHER PM now.

For all of those who have requested the P4P beta FW and haven't seen it yet, if you're using Assistant 2 have you tried to log out of your DJI account and log back in again? You may also need to click on the option to refresh the firmware list too.
2017-8-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-8 13:39
Tried that. Still no beta.  It seems that Thor wasn't exactly telling the truth. Clearly PMing him does nothing either. He promised to release this to me for almost a week now. What a surprise...

I think it just confirms that the software engineers are in their own space and working to their own priorities. This has to be frustrating for the Support team here too - can't be much fun trying to support a product which has been broken by your own company, and then copping the agro over it. This Beta roll-out was originally kicked off by DJI Natalia - have you seen her around lately?
2017-8-8
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-7 15:04
Thor- are you kidding me? No beta update released to me yet. I sent you ANOTHER PM now.

I'll check again, sorry for the difficulties.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DavidB88 Posted at 2017-8-7 16:35
Hi DJI Thor,

I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the new beta firmware update.   

Got it. I had informed to our engineers. Please check your account later.
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-9
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-1 03:50
Reducing the bitrate will benefit people with CPU-weak phones/tablets and have nothing to do with where people use their drone. When you reduce the bitrate, you compress each image more heavily and therefore get more artifacts in each frame. It provides less traffic between the controller and the phone/tablet.

I also thought it's weird DJI does not let people in Europe reduce it, while elsewhere around the world it is possible.   

"I also thought it's weird DJI does not let people in Europe reduce it"

I suspect it's to fall into line with CE wireless regulations (which I've not researched).

2017-8-9
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-9 09:15
"I also thought it's weird DJI does not let people in Europe reduce it"

I suspect it's to fall into line with CE wireless regulations (which I've not researched).

In fact, not at all. It's a win-win situation for all the electronic hardware and other users of WiFi bands to reduce bandwidth. When you reduce the bandwidth, you reduce also the time your transmitter is in the air and thus become WiFi band less fully. That it does not give such a nice picture to the pilot, you have to live with.

Im guessing on Mr. Aardvark definitely are not techniques.  

Regards Leif.
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-17 15:15
Just want to call DJI Thor out for being a liar, representing his lying company. It has been over 20 days since "Thor" promised a beta would be released, to me including in numerous Private Messages. Not done. Also, not surprising. Obviously, I've long since given up, but I figured I might as well put it out there.

Hi. I understand your frustration but I think 'liar' is overly harsh. The reality is that all he is no doubt doing is responding with the advice of the R&D engineers - I don't believe that anyone intentially tries to p!ss people off. I've requested the betas also directly with Natalia, although she seems to have completely disappeared and one can only wonder why. I now assume that R&D priorities have shifted elsewhere.

I do know that there's work actively being done on the P4 firmware following the catastrophe of a release for it recently. It's likely that the limited R&D resources are focussed there now, and much of what they do there will no doubt come back to the P4P. Hey, not trying to make excuses for DJI - their communication is cr@p - just that I suspect everything currently is in the hands of R&D.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-8-17 15:15
Just want to call DJI Thor out for being a liar, representing his lying company. It has been over 20 days since "Thor" promised a beta would be released, to me including in numerous Private Messages. Not done. Also, not surprising. Obviously, I've long since given up, but I figured I might as well put it out there.

I don't need to lie to you. I know your frustration if you had not received the beta, but as I'd confirmed, the beta FW had been released to your account. I'll PM your account again to confirm, please check. Sorry for this, and I'll help to get it sorted out quickly.
2017-8-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules