1191 10 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

Hi
Plz give me advie on how to get good shots of an rc field that are not boring.
2017-7-27
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Unless you live along the coast of Ireland, I think all places get boring after some time.  Best thing to do is look what others are producing, and become familiar with the traditional photo composition structures.  I am somewhat limited to a slow moving river most of the time and have found that sunsets and sunrises are often the best shots.  Different cloud formations over a treeline of cityscape can be fun too.   Shooting somewhat interesting objects at different altitudes and angles often yields interesting shots.  Photo editing software can convert a so so photo into a work of art.  Football field lines mixed with tree shadows; looking strait down on pedestrians on an rc path; sunrise/sunset shadows; nearby stream eagle view...
2017-7-27
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
United States

Thanks so much
2017-7-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha x-acto,

Try these.  Two pages of videography recommendations.  This should get you started.  And JW is right about Ireland!

Aloha and Drone On!
Improve Video.jpg
Improve Video2.jpg
2017-7-28
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
United States

Thanks I will try them next flight
2017-7-28
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great information.... it's so easy just to do things by the default and wonder why others look better.
2017-7-28
Use props
WalterP4
lvl.2
Belgium

JW5255 Posted at 2017-7-27 16:31
Unless you live along the coast of Ireland, I think all places get boring after some time.  Best thing to do is look what others are producing, and become familiar with the traditional photo composition structures.  I am somewhat limited to a slow moving river most of the time and have found that sunsets and sunrises are often the best shots.  Different cloud formations over a treeline of cityscape can be fun too.   Shooting somewhat interesting objects at different altitudes and angles often yields interesting shots.  Photo editing software can convert a so so photo into a work of art.  Football field lines mixed with tree shadows; looking strait down on pedestrians on an rc path; sunrise/sunset shadows; nearby stream eagle view...

"Unless you live along the coast of Ireland" LOL ;)
2017-7-28
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-28 00:33
Aloha x-acto,

Try these.  Two pages of videography recommendations.  This should get you started.  And JW is right about Ireland!

Great tips !
2017-7-29
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

I dont know what you like to photograph butfor myself i started doing aerial shots here in Canada of old abondoned houses. Just need to figure the camera out right lol
2017-7-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha JW,

They are even better when you start messing with them and seeing the results.  What you get from a specific setting might not be what you want now, but it may be the result you are looking for later.  Keep messing with them and you will get that setting you want now though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-29
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
United States

Thanks all this is a great topic
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now