Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
re: charging/updating a NEW battery
819 5 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been running a older firmware version and everything works just dandy.

However, I've purchased a new 'intelligent' battery and before I charge or attempt to use it I have a question(s).

1. Will the 'new' battery default to the 'current' firmware and want to update?

2. And...if I update to that current firmware...will the 'new' battery function on the quad that running an 'older' firmware version?

3. Or...Is it better/possible to update the "new" battery to the existing 'older' firmware versioin I'm currently running on the quad?

2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The app will remind you to upgrade the firmware if it is needed. And you need to connect the drone if you want to upgrade the battery, both the drone and battery's firmware will up to date. Thus if the firmware of the drone and battery are not consistent, the app will remind you to update it.
2017-7-27
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-27 18:54
The app will remind you to upgrade the firmware if it is needed. And you need to connect the drone if you want to upgrade the battery, both the drone and battery's firmware will up to date. Thus if the firmware of the drone and battery are not consistent, the app will remind you to update it.

sure that makes sense but you didn't answer my question.

Can I update the battery firmware to match the firmware I'm running on the Mavic?

otherwords....I'm very happy with running my 'older' firmware and do not want to upgrade to the latest firmware.

So...again...can I get the battery firmware to match the 'older' firmware I'm currently running on the Mavic.

I do not want to run the 'current' firmware.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2017-7-27 20:48
sure that makes sense but you didn't answer my question.

Can I update the battery firmware to match the firmware I'm running on the Mavic?

If the battery's firmware now higher than the drone's, you can try to upgrade the drone's present firmware via DJI Assistant 2 again.
2017-7-28
Use props
geoffz
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-28 05:27
If the battery's firmware now higher than the drone's, you can try to upgrade the drone's present firmware via DJI Assistant 2 again.

Just to clarify.

1. I want to 'keep'...maintain...NOT change the current firmware of my drone/mavic/quad copter.

2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2017-7-28 07:14
Just to clarify.

1. I want to 'keep'...maintain...NOT change the current firmware of my drone/mavic/quad copter.

Yes, I understood. if you re-upgrade the same version as the present, the drone will still remain in the current version. I would suggest if you have received the battery, power it on the drone to see if you can run the drone normally. If everything work alright, you can leave it and don't need to upgrade.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules