Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Gestures after Firmware Update
2919 10 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

Like many people on here, I did the firmware update last night and since then I've had some issues, particularly with gesture mode. It seems that I can no longer get the selfie gesture to work when in close proximity (while doing palm movements). It works fine when done in away mode (3M back, 2M up), but when in close proximity, it appears the drone isn't recognizing the Selfie gesture. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also, does anyone know what is the new gesture for video recording (anyone have an image or video to how it's triggered)? The manual doesn't seem to have updated.

Lastly, has anyone been able to get the dronie quickshot to ascend? It seems to only move back and gain extremely little altitude.

Thanks!

2017-7-27
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will have to play around with it more but it seems it works for me (selfie close up). As for video in Gesture Mode you hold up one arm at 45 degrees. There should be instructions in the DJI GO 4 app in Gesture Settings.
2017-7-27
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

bcharleson Posted at 2017-7-27 19:40
I will have to play around with it more but it seems it works for me (selfie close up). As for video in Gesture Mode you hold up one arm at 45 degrees. There should be instructions in the DJI GO 4 app in Gesture Settings.

Do you show the palm while holding up the arm at 45 degrees? I looked at the gestures tutotial and didn't see one for video recording. Does holding it up again stop recording as well?
2017-7-27
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also having trouble with selfie gesture (not in follow mode), but it's always been like that. I can only get 1 selfie working out of 10 tries or so. I've tried with the frame close to my face, further, etc. I just don't know how to get it to recognize the gesture consistently (like in follow mode).

As for video mode just hold your arm 45 degree. Doing it again stops recording. You want to do it before entering follow mode because it needs to be within certain distance.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The manual was updated with the new gesture:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-106380-1-1.html

That the dronie gains it altitude at the end is normal reffering to this dji tutorial Video. It works exact like this for me. First back, than back and up at the same time. Dronie set to 20m distance gains 2m height in my tests.

2017-7-27
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

I never be able to take selfie when Spark is near. I have to do the "Follow" first then taking selfie will success overtime.

For new Video Gesture, on the contrary, you can start only if Spark is near you. Spark does not recognise the Video Gesture when it is far away (after "Follow").

For both operation, exit Palm Control first bye lowering your hand quickly.
2017-7-27
Use props
WiredGuy
lvl.1
Canada

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-7-27 23:28
The manual was updated with the new gesture:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-106380-1-1.html

Thanks for posting the video, I do get similar results, I was under the impression it would rise and go back at a 45 degree angle (ie: 20 meters back and 20 metres up), but the angle is more like 10-20 degrees.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WiredGuy Posted at 2017-7-27 23:57
Thanks for posting the video, I do get similar results, I was under the impression it would rise and go back at a 45 degree angle (ie: 20 meters back and 20 metres up), but the angle is more like 10-20 degrees.

Yes, the dronie icon can give a wrong impression about how it works.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try the to do the selfie gesture after palm taking off the drone. If it could still not recognize your selfie gesture in close proximity, could you please tell us the distance between you and the drone?
As bcharleson mentioned, you can hold up one arm (either left or right arm) at 45 degrees after Palm Launch to trigger gesture video.
2017-7-30
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

I have never been able to consistently get selfie to work... it works like once every 30 tries... and I too have tried everything.... box around my face, box away from me a little bit, etc, etc, etc.  
2017-7-30
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Video Gesture works only if Spark is near you within 2 m. This works for me everytime. Raising one arm 45° upward, the front LED will flash the same way the selfie does.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules