Need Advice on Tablet
2053 23 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fretman_2
lvl.1
United States

I've taken back three cheapo tablets back to Walmart for various reasons having to do with perfomance with DJI GO, had no GPS, or Dronedeploy-DJI SDK issues.  I need advice on a a 7" (or so) tablet that'll exist peacefully with DJI Go, and will also work with Dronedeploy...something that has GPS and won't break my bank.  
2017-7-28
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Have you looked at the DJI recommended devices that listed?   Which mobile devices are compatible with the app? 1. iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.  2. Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD and Smartisan T1.
2017-7-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Much of what is on the DJI recommended list is old and no longer available.  Rest of the list may have ones that work, albeit iffy with video lag and or connection issues.  I'd guess that maybe 5% of that list works now and well.

Although you might not like to hear this, save your coins and buy the Apple Pro A10X model with the cellular part (Which you'll want for the GPS and maybe to unlock in the wild too the way the NFZ stuff is going.) rather than throw away money trying to find a tablet or phone that will work, only to find it soon packs up and then you buy another which packs up in a few months too.  I've wasted too much money with Samsung devices which are cheap, but in less than a year they fall behind in processing and the video lag and breakup matters.  The Pro A10X should last at least a couple of years against buying 3 devices in the same time frame and looking in a  forum for a solution to fix them.  Been there!

The iPad Pro A10X processor is as close to a gaming laptop as you'll find and can keep up with GO and the video.  Others get bogged down in time or Android which allows apps to self-load and work against your need for GO to run smoothly.  Samsung is always adding to the OS and messing with it almost weekly.  One week it works, next it refuses to connect.  Really was a waste of money buying multiple Samys trying to get something as faultless as the newer iPad.

Cry once as they say, rather than pay for a hankie service for a year.   
2017-7-28
Use props
Fretman_2
lvl.1
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-7-28 09:49
Much of what is on the DJI recommended list is old and no longer available.  Rest of the list may have ones that work, albeit iffy with video lag and or connection issues.  I'd guess that maybe 5% of that list works now and well.

Although you might not like to hear this, save your coins and buy the Apple Pro A10X model with the cellular part (Which you'll want for the GPS and maybe to unlock in the wild too the way the NFZ stuff is going.) rather than throw away money trying to find a tablet or phone that will work, only to find it soon packs up and then you buy another which packs up in a few months too.  I've wasted too much money with Samsung devices which are cheap, but in less than a year they fall behind in processing and the video lag and breakup matters.  The Pro A10X should last at least a couple of years against buying 3 devices in the same time frame and looking in a  forum for a solution to fix them.  Been there!

Wow...those are nice but way, way out of my price range.  My Samsung Galaxy S5 phone seems to work great with the Go app, but the screen is so darn small.  I'll try and get a device with as much processing power as possible.

I wondered just how up-to-date that DJI compatible device list was.
2017-7-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

He is right. My Asus Zenpad 3s 10 works beautifully. 10 inch screen man. Make sure it runs android 6 and in fact any tablet running android 6 should be fine. Most people run into problems after they update to android 7.
2017-7-28
Use props
dankar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10499 ft

United States

Kindle fire workswell but does not have GPS feature
2017-7-28
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

It is because it is not listed on the conpatibility list same with iphone 4s
2017-7-28
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Where did my post go?
2017-7-28
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Hi
I am currently trying to load up the latest Dji go4 app onto a Samsung Galaxy tab3 lite which is apparently a compatible device but the app says it is not acceptable device. I was able to load older version but as soon as u open it, it pretty well crashes. I already have Dji go4 on 2 other devices, my iphone 5s and a Lenovo business tab but 1 is too big and the other is too small. This Galaxy tab is just right size but unfortunately I cant load it up, is there some sort of backdoor way I could try.?
Cheers
2017-7-28
Use props
fans6e98b8e5
lvl.1
Australia

Ps. This is for my Phantom 4 standard model
2017-7-28
Use props
Fretman_2
lvl.1
United States

I finally purchased an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T280 and it works perfectly with DJI GO and Litchi.  The tablet has onboard GPS.  It only has 8gig of memory, but I keep the apps to a minumum.
2017-8-25
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Fretman_2 Posted at 2017-8-25 04:30
I finally purchased an 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab A Model SM-T280 and it works perfectly with DJI GO and Litchi.  The tablet has onboard GPS.  It only has 8gig of memory, but I keep the apps to a minumum.

Do you mean 8 GB of storage space, or 8 GB or RAM? I am assuming you mean storage space, as 8 GB of RAM on a tablet would be quite impressive...
2017-8-25
Use props
Fretman_2
lvl.1
United States

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-8-25 07:53
Do you mean 8 GB of storage space, or 8 GB or RAM? I am assuming you mean storage space, as 8 GB of RAM on a tablet would be quite impressive...

8 gigs of ROM...LOL...tnx,
2017-8-25
Use props
epicdoom0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I bought the Galaxy TAB S3 and its flawless on my P3S and P3 4K best purchase I ever made
2017-8-25
Use props
fans6c87118b
New

United States

epicdoom0 Posted at 2017-8-25 17:25
I bought the Galaxy TAB S3 and its flawless on my P3S and P3 4K best purchase I ever made

I have a tab3 and it will not work with my p3s, tablet does not have enough ram.
2017-9-4
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

you have the TAB 3 not a TAB S3 they are totally different tab 3 costs about 40 to 80 bucks tab S3 costs 400-500$ look up the specs on the TAB S3
2017-9-4
Use props
Dynx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176654 ft
United States

I had to rollback my nexus 9 tablet to Android 6, DJI Go is constantly crashing on Android 7.
2017-9-4
Use props
sSunSetter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi, Android 7' TabA w/P3S, Everything is 100% charge... home wifi Off! device draining apps.. Off!  She's been more stable at high elevation in hover. Re-postion antennna in flight to get best signal with your craft.  
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_mH6fjvJu2pJQ
New

China

Any best Tablets available at Walmart Stores?
2019-8-3
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Why do you need GPS on your tablet?, unless you need it for other reasons.  Not needed for flying your Phantom.  GPS is in the aircraft itself.
2019-8-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

NM_Quad Posted at 8-4 11:15
Why do you need GPS on your tablet?, unless you need it for other reasons.  Not needed for flying your Phantom.  GPS is in the aircraft itself.

You are responding to a post from two years ago.
2019-8-4
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-4 17:14
You are responding to a post from two years ago.

Ooops!  Thanks Labroides.  Didn't notice the date on the thread.  Figured if it showed up, it was relatively recent.
2019-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-7-28 12:43
Try these:

Asus ZenPad 8 (Z380M) - $128

You must love a great steak dinner... haha

RedHotPoker

2019-8-5