Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does OTG disable 5.5ghz?
909 7 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cosmic68
Captain
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

When I use OTG I dont have the 5.8ghz option there anymore-it's only 2.4-is that how it is with everyone else?
I'm in Spain at the moment (from U.K. normally) and when I arrived a message came up saying the wifi was going to change to country regulations or something like that.

I haven't found its range been all that great with cable and  2.4 tbh. Much like others are reporting.
2017-7-28
Use props
Spatterfree
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126781 ft
United States

same issue, with OTG my range is down to half. weird.
2017-7-28
Use props
dezign999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

It would help to narrow this down if you also post what phone/OS you're using. I have not noticed any loss of distance on i7+/iOS 10.3.3 when using OTG.
2017-7-28
Use props
cosmic68
Captain
Flight distance : 89042 ft
Spain

dezign999 Posted at 2017-7-28 08:47
It would help to narrow this down if you also post what phone/OS you're using. I have not noticed any loss of distance on i7+/iOS 10.3.3 when using OTG.

Yes sorry-I'm on iPhone 6 Plus , latest version of iOS 10.3.3

It's really weird that with OTG I have no option other then use 2.4, which is what everyone (in Europe) is jumping through hoops to get. Is that normal with others in Europe using OTG? I don't mind as it seems to be the holy grail. TBH, haven't used wifi with RC at all because of negative comments.

Like I said, I'm on holiday in Ibiza so it may a Spanish thing? Ive had mixed results with distance. At the hotel which is on a beachfront I get about 200 meters (but from a high vantage point-a small cliff at side of hotel)

At a local public beach, no more then 80 meters. I find it odd?
Edit- haven't updated Spark firmware that came out this week yet as hotel wifi VERY slow.

Edit 2-wrong distances
2017-7-28
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

I switch it to 2.4 then connect the OTG cable. Post OTG cable connection, the WIFI band selection is no longer available.
2017-7-28
Use props
Willy UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

my controller is on 5.8 by default.
but i connected via the otg cable
and it moved to 2.4g.
the otg cable doubled my distance to over 4000ft  plus
2017-7-31
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI really needs to get to work on fixing OTG support..   OTG completely transforms the spark into something special..    but its so half broken right now.. requires good timing to get channels right and the support working.. make sure once you get channels picked, you disable wifi on ur iphone/ipad/andriod then plug into the controller..    im not sure if they changed it since i flown last week on 4.1.3, but it required very awkward timing ..
2017-7-31
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably not ever gonna happen.  Cause wifi.
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules