Not impressed at all - info coming back from DJI Repairs
907 13 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

As some may recall - my P3Pro failed on change of FW and it was likely that the Version 1 board was corrupted by DJI vers 3 FW.

The P3Pro was flying before FW change ... albeit with video faults.

I decided to try roll back FW and reset all to see if video etc. could be corrected. BHAM - all went tits up and I took it to DJI Dealer in Riga who were very good.

The P3Pro was packed of to Netherlands Repair Centre and after I prompt for info ..... I get following back as reported by Netherlands DJI :

Craft has IMU error
OFDM and Gimbal bend
No warranty repairs

Now I am not a DJI engineer - but I am also not stupid. OK - I was resigned to possibly not warranty as I did buy 2nd hand. BUT I looked at the logs and data on her from original new right through ... NO CRASHES ... nothing to indicate damage or incidents.

I have no argument with Riga DJI ... they have been as good as they can be. But I am having trouble believing DJI Netherlands.

The fact it flew .. the logs were fine ... and it was only changing of FW that the machine failed.

Really not impressed. It remains now to be seen what sort of bill I get ...

Nigel

2017-7-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me, for the life of me , I cannot understand how they can justify charging for damage caused by an update. They give you no choice but to pay up or send it back
2017-7-28
Use props
djiuser_LzVM4RJ
lvl.1

Singapore

I got the same sh*t from DJI China. Online Support can't tell you anything, but they can send you email to ask you to pay for damages.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused. Could you please provide us with your case number so I can check more about this?
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-7-28 07:36
Same thing happened to me, for the life of me , I cannot understand how they can justify charging for damage caused by an update. They give you no choice but to pay up or send it back

Sorry to hear about this, could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to check more info about this.
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_LzVM4RJ Posted at 2017-7-28 08:53
I got the same sh*t from DJI China. Online Support can't tell you anything, but they can send you email to ask you to pay for damages.

We'd noticed about your thread, we are sorry about the crash, but could you please leave us with your case number so we can check more about the data analysis of your case?
2017-7-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I have received information that I am surprised about ...

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(EUR)        Total Nett(EUR)
Phantom 3 Gimbal Roll-axis ESC Board        1        7.44        7.44
Phantom 3 Video Downlink Module V14        1        90.91        90.91
Phantom 3 Roll-axis Bracket        1        5.79        5.79
Fan (Cable length=33mm)        1        26.45        26.45
Phantom 3 Main Controller Board Module (2312)        1        90.91        90.91
Phantom 3 Roll Motor        1        7.44        7.44
Phantom 3 Roll-axis Cover        1        1.65        1.65
Repair Service Fee        1        50.00        50.00
Freight:        0.00
Discount:        -0
DJI Care deduction:        0.00
Sub Total Payment:        280.59
VAT(at 21%):        0.00
Grand Total Payment:        280.59

Given that the AC flew perfectly fine ... that the camera recorded, panned, tilted as commanded ... no signs of any damage or crash to any part of the AC or gear ...

The fault was failed FW change and not being able to install any FW to get working again ...

Case Number : CAS-809891-L2Z9V6

I will be fully honest here : DJI RIGA has been very good throughout and I do not wish to create any problem for them. But I am questioning DJI Netherlands stand on this and their listing of mechanical parts in the repair.

I have approx. 8 days before I go on vacation and it was planned the P3P would go with me ... given this dispute - I doubt I shall have it in time.

Now another matter .......... I posted on the Pro section - and it was moved but I rec'd no indication of its being moved. Therefore I could not reply or update .....

Now I wait to see what is conclusion of this sorry tale ....

Nigel
2017-7-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You must have some pull, Nigel! only $50 labor! Or is this quote in another currency ?
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

solentlife Posted at 2017-7-29 06:28
I have received information that I am surprised about ...

Item        Quantity        Unit Price(EUR)        Total Nett(EUR)

I've informed our appropriate team to look into this case, will have someone contact you, and make it clear to you, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

My YouTube channel shows this flying before the failed FW change .... I suffered a lot of disconnect issues - but not any mechanical gimbal / camera problems ...

Channel : solentlifeuk

My problem now is 'time' .....

Cheers
Nigel
2017-7-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Of course nothings been done to the P3P .... it all on hold while its argued out.

I now go of to UK without it ... I will return in 3 weeks time and no doubt still have no solution.

Well done DJI Netherlands ..... remind me to never consider your service again.

DJI Riga - I have great respect and thanks to - they care about their customers.

I had a choice - there is a 3rd party workshop in Riga who repair these but I thought - I would do all properly and go to DJI. I will certainly know better next time.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-2 07:43
Of course nothings been done to the P3P .... it all on hold while its argued out.

I now go of to UK without it ... I will return in 3 weeks time and no doubt still have no solution.

We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, we have contacted local team to follow up as soon as possible, we will have someone to contact you very soon, really sorry for unfortunate experience.
2017-8-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 03:20
We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, we have contacted local team to follow up as soon as possible, we will have someone to contact you very soon, really sorry for unfortunate experience.

Tks Mindy ..

I have even spent over 20 mins on the phone to DJI Netherlands - I am not unreasonable, I am always willing to discuss / negotiate. I explained and passed my Youtube Id - so they can see why I dispute the physical damage they claim.
I am tired of the lack of contact by Netherlands, I have even as a consequence offered to negotiate a compromise.

Nothing.

Its Friday now ... weekend will be wasted, Monday I go of to UK ...

I am partner in a Service Company - we have multi-national Clients ... and we would never act in this way to any of them. We would lose our business if we did.

Nigel  
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-4 11:50
Tks Mindy ..

I have even spent over 20 mins on the phone to DJI Netherlands - I am not unreasonable, I am always willing to discuss / negotiate. I explained and passed my Youtube Id - so they can see why I dispute the physical damage they claim.

I've seen the problem has been solved after communication and the drone has been shipped out, hope you will get your drone very soon.
We apologize again for the the unpleasant experience, we will keep improving our product and customer service.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules