Active track and out follow mode and height.
4320 9 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcosmfp
New
Brazil

Regarding the active track mode, does the Mavic Pro automatically adjust its height?

Example, if I use it on active mode to follow me in bicycle while I go up hill, does the Mavic will keep raising with the terrain? And while going down hill, will it keep a constant height in relation to me or the terrain, lowering its altitude?  

And about auto follow mode,  does it keeps its height in relation to the user?

2017-7-28
Use props
Hemlock_Cloud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 107418 ft
Canada

Im curious about the same features with my P4
2017-7-28
Use props
fanscf8927c4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

I need to know too. Want to do some video of a 65 caddy and my 2017 mustang on the back beach road ....Yes i will be safe ....duh   
2017-7-28
Use props
Marcosmfp
New
Brazil

I would like to follow me up that hill.
2017-7-28
Use props
Marcosmfp
New
Brazil

This is just shot from the top. But would be nice to have the Mavic follow me up this hill.
2017-7-28
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

In Active Track Profile mode the Mavic will adjust height. Just beware of trees as the Mavic does not have sensors on all side and will be flying sideways at some point
In Follow-me mode it does not adjust height  and dosen't keep you in the frame
2017-7-28
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-7-28 21:49
In Active Track Profile mode the Mavic will adjust height. Just beware of trees as the Mavic does not have sensors on all side and will be flying sideways at some point
In Follow-me mode it does not adjust height  and dosen't keep you in the frame

Nope ................. Camera adjusts height in profile mode but not Mavic itself. In this curve-scenario uphill it will crash soon ..............
2017-7-28
Use props
Marcosmfp
New
Brazil

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-28 22:57
Nope ................. Camera adjusts height in profile mode but not Mavic itself. In this curve-scenario uphill it will crash soon ..............

Thanks. I was very afraid to use it. Now I am sure I can't.
2017-7-29
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-28 22:57

Mine does adjust height. In this AT session the Mavic starts at 1m height and goes automatically up do 4m before going lower than its take of point. Granted it's not exactly what the OP wants to do and lot of things can go wrong especially at higher speeds

2017-7-29
Use props
ManuP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft

instead, I saw on YouTube that you just need to set the altitude by gps (as he said in the description) to have the drone follow you even with a different height..
2019-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules