MCU Configuration Error
3958 22 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Tonight I was flying for about 8 or 9 mins and the rear lights turned solid red. I was flying with no cam but I had my phone attached and it indicated a "MCU Configration Error" with about 47% left on the battery and 11 sats.  So I landed, shut-off the motors, but left everything powered up and took it in the house. I set it on the table and went and talked to my wife for about 5 mins. When I came back the rear lights were flashing green and I had 11 sats locked. No more error.

Now the question. What caused the MCU Configration Error" and what is it? The bird didn't fly any different. No jerking or odd behavoir. I was in GPS mode. Anyone ever get a MCU error? I have gotten an MCU error followed by an unknow error before but only when the battery was really low (below 10%) and the bird was not flying, no motors on. I just wrote it off as a low batt issue.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

MC is Master Controller, so I would be curious what you get if you plugged it into the Phantom Vision Assistant to see if it assists with any diagnosis.
Solid Red is pretty much just "error" everywhere I can find...in fact on pg. 15 of the v1.6 manual it is "Critical Error"..
If you have had a crash in the past or something like that, God only knows,
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Jato,

Interesting. This happened to me today as well. I brought it back in, hooked it up and everything looked good. I think both you and I have been messing around with various new Android apps. I've got 4 Android apps and 2 IOS apps that I've been using. You think there might be something with one of these apps?

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

You guys need to devote yourself to one app as your Android devices may have become app-athetic!..the other apps you are ignoring are causing chaos!
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-24 10:33
You guys need to devote yourself to one app as your Android devices may have become app-athetic!..th ...

Gotta have the best one! Just put $30 into the "new" IOS one. Website looked great. Did some in-house testing without props, think I'll wait a while before I gamble on putting it in the air.

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can speak for the Android developers here (I don't know about the iOS SDK) but in the case of Android DJI's SDK appears to report MC errors quite often.  They don't always makes sense, especially the generic ones but as they are reported I feel they should be shown to the user and allow the user to decide.  I suspect you will find the same in all Android apps based on the SDK (and maybe the iOS apps as well).
2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-24 10:21
Jato,

Interesting. This happened to me today as well. I brought it back in, hooked it up and everyt ...

I don't think it's app related since to lights on the Phantom lit. I was running Ken's app when this happened. It plugged it in and also got not messages that something was a miss.
2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-24 10:47
I can speak for the Android developers here (I don't know about the iOS SDK) but in the case of Andr ...

Ken the app was yours and I believe the error you software reported was real since the lights turned red on the Phantom.
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-24 10:47
I can speak for the Android developers here (I don't know about the iOS SDK) but in the case of Andr ...

Ken,

Wouldn't these types of errors be considered critical? I reset everything and it flew fine but it's got me concerned that there may be a bigger issue. This stuff is relatively new to me but I'm working my _ss off to learn.

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-24 10:52
Ken the app was yours and I believe the error you software reported was real since the lights turn ...

You are correct, if the LEDs changed indicated that the issue was real.  I have seen, and perhaps my description was unclear cases where I go the "unknown MCU error" and there was no LED change and nothing apparently wrong when I inspected it.

I always treat the reports as truth but I have found that sometimes they may be less an issue.

I agree with you that you should always treat the reports as truth.  It's better to find out it was a false alarm than to ignore the error and find out it wasn't.
2015-3-23
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-3-24 10:56
Ken,

Wouldn't these types of errors be considered critical? I reset everything and it flew fine b ...

Yes, absolutely they should be treated as critical.  Even if its a hiccup in the SDK and the report is erroneous I agree you should err on the side of caution and land and inspect.
2015-3-23
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-3-24 11:06
Yes, absolutely they should be treated as critical.  Even if its a hiccup in the SDK and the repor ...

Just not sure what else I should inspect. I landed the bird, took it inside, visually inspected everything, checked everything in the software, all was good. Flew a few times afterwards without a hiccup.

Jerry
2015-3-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Today I re-cal'ed my compass and hovered for 15:45, no MCU errors.  I hovered in both ATTI & GPS. The wind was about 5 mph so in ATTI mode she drifted a little but was smooth. In GPS mode she was intermittently jerky. Not a lot but a little more than I remember. Maybe it was the wind correction.
2015-3-24
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-24 10:33
You guys need to devote yourself to one app as your Android devices may have become app-athetic!..th ...

What you talking about?
2015-3-24
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

He was teasing us.
2015-3-24
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

I got the MCU error using Ken's app today.  But I also got the solid red lights on my P2V+ v2.  I landed powered off.  Restarted flew the remainder of the battery cycle no prob.  Then flew through four more batteries no prob.  Hooked up to the Assistant don't see anything out of range at all?  Did an advanced calibration, got a green light.  Perplexing, a tad worrisome.
2015-3-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

you appear not to be the first to get an MCU error using a different app (and not saying it is the 3rd party app but concerning nonetheless!), to me, that is more worrisome, I am going to be stearing well clear of anything that is not deemed rock solid till further notice...
2015-3-29
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Guess I'll be using the OEM Vision app for awhile. I had another MCU error with about 30 battery left.
2015-3-29
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

I’m wondering if maybe this is a firmware issue. It’s happened to me several times also. I have gotten a couple of incompatible battery errors too. All these oddities started after updating to 3.12.
I do the same as everyone else and bring the bird in to check for problems but haven’t found any. The weird thing is how sporadic the error reports are. No consistency at all!
2015-3-29
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

flyingduck88@gm Posted at 2015-3-30 15:56
I’m wondering if maybe this is a firmware issue. It’s happened to me several times also. I have go ...

Are you using the Vision or a 3rd party app?
2015-3-30
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

The crash I experianced was while using the same 3rd party app.  Just silly turned off whi
E in a simple hover and fell.  I too will steer clear until they're more tested.
2015-3-30
Use props
bradreid20
lvl.2
Canada

I too have experienced these errors but never in flight.  I've only got them when running a battery down bellow 10% or right after startup.  I've always swapped out the battery for a new fresh one and had no problems.  I def think there are some false positive errors.
2015-3-30
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-30 19:24
Are you using the Vision or a 3rd party app?

Yes. Several of them but, I’ve seen the MCU error with the DJI app also. A sign of impending DOOM!?  I hope not!! LOL
2015-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules