Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Active Track distance
4843 5 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hemlock_Cloud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 107418 ft
Canada

Hey all!

I am trying all of the features of my Phantom 4 out and recently I have been fiddling around with Active track. I realize that it keeps the same height and all, but is there any way to change the fixed distance? I was filming some of my neighbours water skiing and it kept quite far away from the action.

If there is a quick fix in the settings, I would love to know! If I will have to live with it, it works just fine so I have no problems

Cheers!
2017-7-28
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

When you are tracking your subject, I think the minimum height is like 9 feet or somewhere around there, while the camera is following your subject you can both raise and lower and also do a 360 around the subject using the sticks on the RC. I don't think you can get it closer though because left or right makes it orbit.
2017-7-28
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Forward and backwards on the right stick adjusts the distance, left and right orbit the subject, and the left stick adjusts the height, but when water skiing it may have difficulty keeping up.   I suggest you try it out following you walking about until you understand it, and keep it above head height just in case!
2017-7-29
Use props
Hemlock_Cloud
Second Officer
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-7-29 01:25
Forward and backwards on the right stick adjusts the distance, left and right orbit the subject, and the left stick adjusts the height, but when water skiing it may have difficulty keeping up.   I suggest you try it out following you walking about until you understand it, and keep it above head height just in case!

Thanks for the tip! I will run some more tests then try it again. Cheers!
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

To ensure the active track effect, the drone should fly at the height of 3-5m,  and the distance between aircraft and tracking target should be around 5-15m. Also, below is a video of tracking tips for reference:

2017-7-30
Use props
Hemlock_Cloud
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-30 02:28
To ensure the active track effect, the drone should fly at the height of 3-5m,  and the distance between aircraft and tracking target should be around 5-15m. Also, below is a video of tracking tips for reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... F71lWL0ZCztUE9JaFK8

Thanks for the vid! It was very informative
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules