Sorry had it on private , it's ok now
2017-7-28
Use props
928euro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45932 ft
Spain

Hi,

I am a newby with Mavic Pro, flying in Palma. Do you know if there is a way to set a safe min altitude when flying above sea?
Some places are only accessible from the top of the cliff.  When reaching 100m distance and -25m altitude, I didn't dare to go further, although I was stiil very high, but without clear perception of the altitude.

Thanks in advance on possible hint(s).
2017-8-1
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

928euro Posted at 2017-8-1 03:47
Hi,

I am a newby with Mavic Pro, flying in Palma. Do you know if there is a way to set a safe min altitude when flying above sea?

Hi ,  dont think there is a safe alttitude setting tbh, ( i might be wrong as i dont own a MAvic, but as per the altitude adjustments i was very happy with the way the drones adjust to the differences when flying off cliffs , the P4P wont land on water becuse the sensors reconise movement so think it would be the same on mavic so as long as your carefull and keep a eye on altidude showing i guess you would be able to get as close to sea as you are comfortable with.....i am fairly new to it myself tbh but thiink above is fairly correct, i am sure if not someone will tell us shorlty ..LOL
2017-8-1
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

nice video. hopefully one day ill be brave enough to fly it over the water.
2017-8-1
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-1 10:32
nice video. hopefully one day ill be brave enough to fly it over the water.

thks, its just a confidence thing i think, i love the water shots i parcticed over lakes and ponds
To start  canals are ideal (becuse they are shallow for a mental backup) lol ..and you are never more than 5 feet away from dry land..so maybee try either one ...it worked for me as you can see in video i was VERY close to water , just enough to keep salt spray from hittin Sparky..good luck
2017-8-1
Use props
928euro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45932 ft
Spain

Hi, good idea to have the sensors working to prevent landing: I had them disabled as I did prefer to catch the Mavic in hand instead of landing within the rocks.
I will train to switch this on/off during flight, the only problem is to manage to see all the details on the screen (as we have here very bright sun).
2017-8-1
Use props
rockstarinlife
New
United States

Right now I am too afraid to fly my Spark from my backyard. I am afraid it will try to force return to home into my pool...lol
2017-8-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one keep it up
2018-6-16
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!