Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro / Ronin MX / A7SII - No Start Stop yet
1554 10 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoGo33
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United States

New Matrice 600 Pro, flies great.  New Ronin MX gimbal, functions great.  Pair the two together in flight with the A7SII and all is well BUT no shutter or video control using the Matrice Remote controller.  Or the Ronin remote controller either.

I have the Remote Start Stop device, connected to the gimbal, with the proper Sony infared cable aimed towards the camera's sensor.
I have the A7SII menu set to - Remote Control ON
M600 latest firmware / Ronin latest firmware / A7SII latest firmware

All I can think are these two possibilities:  
1 - I have to do some sort of initial setup in the DJI assistant app?   
2 - the cable connector to the gimbal port plug has only four colored wires that go into the plug.  Three wires, all black, come out of that little plug and are primitively cut about half an inch from the plug, and left loose in the wind.  

Anyone have any ideas?

2017-7-28
Use props
GoGo33
lvl.1
United States

Update:  I went into the Ronin Gimbal app while connected to the computer and found that while the Ronin itself had the latest firmware, the Remote Start Stop device did not.  I updated that and now I can activate the A7SII shutter with the Matrice 600 remote controller.  However I still cannot start or stop recording video.  So maybe this is not a hardware problem.  Sure would love to hear from someone who is able to control their A7SII video start/stop.
2017-7-29
Use props
GoGo33
lvl.1
United States

Zero help here so I've answered (hopefully) my own questions.  Turns out my RSS Power cable "Part - 12" was damaged in manufacturing, when they crimped the rubber sheath over the coupled wires.  This sheared three key wires of the 7 total needing to be connecting, which killed my video control  I am ordering the part now on my own rather than deal with getting it replaced.  Too many calls to India this weekend already...
2017-7-31
Use props
GoGo33
lvl.1
United States

Problem solved.  DJI responded by offering me a beta version of firmware which now does activate the A7SII video and shutter.   First update, with the camera still connected by HDMI cable, affected the camera settings somehow.  As a result when camera was recording video there was no image on the remote.  All black video feed.  I had to reset the camera to factory settings then work back up from there.  Now everything works.  Don't everybody jump up and down here.  I had a girlfriend like this forum once - we never spoke, but we never argued either.  Maybe I'll call her .
2017-8-1
Use props
llcr3ll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm having the same problem can you send me the beta software please?  cr3 {@} me.com
2017-8-25
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.1
Australia

Any way of downloading the beta software?
2017-9-4
Use props
Arturas-LT
lvl.1
Lithuania

I'm having the same problem can you send me the beta software please? info@itm.lt

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

GoGo33 Posted at 2017-7-31 12:13
Zero help here so I've answered (hopefully) my own questions.  Turns out my RSS Power cable "Part - 12" was damaged in manufacturing, when they crimped the rubber sheath over the coupled wires.  This sheared three key wires of the 7 total needing to be connecting, which killed my video control  I am ordering the part now on my own rather than deal with getting it replaced.  Too many calls to India this weekend already...

I am glad you are posting these issues as well as the steps that you have taken to resolve this issue. Cables should never be underestimated.  
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Hi, I see for a few threads a request for Beta Software. Not sure if this will resolve your issue but if you allow me sometime, I will communicate with some associates to see what it entails to receive beta software.
2017-9-28
Use props
Pixel Sky 8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4226 ft
Australia

Hi, Any updates on how to get Beta software. Same problems here
2017-10-3
Use props
Arturas-LT
lvl.1
Lithuania

Here, nothing is happening only empty time pass.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules