844 7 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CIGANO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3190472 ft
United Kingdom

Phone disconnection ?Had a near death experiance with my new mavic
Got about 100ft away and it intermittently started to lose connection to my phone, it came back on and it seemed fine so I continued with my flight over our own property/ and feilds , only for it then to disconnect altogether from phone around 1000 feet away and 100ft high ,no screen, no instrumentation no camera,no nothing,I quickly remembered the RTH button on top of the controller so quickly pressed that instead ,luckily it returned home ,once it had landed and i reloaded the app it was connected again,is this app proplem  !?  any ideas on what's going on guys ?!
2017-7-29
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17402 ft

Canada

i was flying my drone and it did the same kinda things but i still had full control of the unit and gimbal a possible reason for this could be the cable that you used for RC to mobile device. could you please upload your flight log to phantom help and put the link here so i could view it. so i can see if it is a pilot or drone error
2017-7-29
Use props
CIGANO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3190472 ft
United Kingdom

Benjeeeman Posted at 2017-7-29 10:49
i was flying my drone and it did the same kinda things but i still had full control of the unit and gimbal a possible reason for this could be the cable that you used for RC to mobile device. could you please upload your flight log to phantom help and put the link here so i could view it. so i can see if it is a pilot or drone error

I think it is the cable buddy ,gonna try plugging it in at the bottom of the controller tomorrow with another cable ,i will get back to you .
2017-7-29
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

While it could be the cable (more likely for iPhone), this is an extremely common failure mode for the Android version of the GO4 app.  It happens all the time, best get used to it as it seems that DJI is not in any hurry to fix it.
2017-7-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Benjeeeman Posted at 2017-7-29 10:49

thanks Benjeeeman - has happened to me on occasion also - never had any ideas as to why but in future i will check the cable as i has noticed recently on startup that the lose cable was the issue
2017-7-29
Use props
Kenneth R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201850 ft
Bulgaria

Try disabling video cashing and microphone recording in Your app. Might free up some resources.
2017-7-29
Use props
Benjeeeman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17402 ft

Canada

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-29 14:43
thanks Benjeeeman - has happened to me on occasion also - never had any ideas as to why but in future i will check the cable as i has noticed recently on startup that the lose cable was the issue

awesome glad i was able to help
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try to use the original USB cable of your phone, then run the APP when your phone is in the airplane mode. See if it is better.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules