Tech Support rip off.
989 8 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans64143ce6
lvl.1
United States

I bought a Phhantom 3 std a few months ago, refurbished, and it did not come with antannas on the quad. I called dji T.S. about 5 times on this matter. They told me where to go to get a shipping label to return it to the dji store, because of warrantee.  I filled out the form , about 5 tims but no shipping label. My quad would fly about 30 feet away and land. Apon further examination, I found it was suppose to have antennas on the quad. This went for a couple of weeks with no fixing in site. So, I got tired of fighting dji and voided the warrentee and bought antennas for the quad and also bought antenna upgrades for the controller. DJI dropped the ball with me. Don't know what else to do, maybe dji can fix this problem before someone else falls victom to their scheme. I hope so.  Your Tech Support sucks
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies for the inconvenience first. Would you mind to PM me your case number so that we can look into it?
2017-8-1
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

the antenaes are internal in teh quad. It came with none? If the firmware is latest, the range will be limited until the new firmware is registered with DJI via the app.
2017-8-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yeah, you got me too, how do you know the aircraft did not come with antennas? You can't see them.
2017-8-4
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Strange. You wouldn't know they weren't there unless you voided the warranty and checked.
2017-8-4
Use props
SoCalBoomer
New
Flight distance : 1870 ft

United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-4 19:21
Strange. You wouldn't know they weren't there unless you voided the warranty and checked.

Really? I thought the antennas on the P3S were in the landing gear. I know I can see mine without voiding any warranties. . .
2017-8-5
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

Well....read... he said it fly 30ft and lands. So what.. with anttenas it will fly better, right?  But what is worse.. getting told by service "we help" and nothing happen or figure out by "voiting" warranty this things a flimsy sticky together.
I dismantled my p4... I tell you.. cheap made. The whole thing will cost not more than 100 dollars  in the production. Hong Kong dollar. So they make a lot dimes but no help for clients. Don't rule this guy that he open a toy. That's what it is. Doing this he found the truth.  Shame on DJI.
2017-8-5
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-8-4 18:29
the antenaes are internal in teh quad. It came with none? If the firmware is latest, the range will be limited until the new firmware is registered with DJI via the app.

Actually 2.4 antenna are in the battery bay .... 5.8 are in the landing gear legs. Guy has a Standard ..... very easy to see both sets of antenna without even dismantling ...
Only bit you cannot see without dismantling is the actual connection to boards.

Nigel
2017-8-5
Use props
fans64143ce6
lvl.1
United States

I bought 2 antennas and installed them, now my quad flies really good, I get good range also.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules