Updating Battery Firmware on Spark
13112 14 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

I updated my app, spark and rc today.  I got a message to update the battery and did so.
I have two other batteries and can't seem to update them.  It gives me no warring of incompatibility after changing batteries.
I go into settings, about and check for updates.  Nothing.
I got the fly more package, and one of those batteries is updated.  The other one, along with a spare I bought afterwards, is not updated.
Can't seem to force the update anyway.
Any thoughts?

2017-7-29
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Dji assistant 2 on computer should work
2017-7-29
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

I don't have it on my computer... how does one connect the battery to computer?
2017-7-29
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Just downloaded Assistant 2... and it see's my spark as latest firmware... but wants to still update it... WTH??
Also, nothing about battery needing updating.
Thoughts?

2017-7-29
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Wont' let me post pic... but it says .0500 current... and there is a refresh button.I don't see battery update anywhere.
2017-7-29
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

GIdoc Posted at 2017-7-29 22:12
Wont' let me post pic... but it says .0500 current... and there is a refresh button.I don't see battery update anywhere.

Battery update is packed with fw update. You have to do fw refresh (there is a specific button in DJI Assistant) with your Spark fitted with each battery you own. It's like doing the fw update once for each battery you have.

2017-7-29
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Matioupi... that still doesn't make sense... when I connected my spark with a battery that has been updated... it still had the refresh button..... so the refresh button on Assistant is there even with batteries that have been updated.

Is there a way to see what firmware number the batteries have???  It's not in the settings/about.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Gldoc, please click the refresh button as you already have the latest firmware version. The battery will update with the drone body and the battery firmware is not available for now.

Here is the tutorial video for reference.

2017-8-1
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 01:46
Gldoc, please click the refresh button as you already have the latest firmware version. The battery will update with the drone body and the battery firmware is not available for now.

Here is the tutorial video for reference.

i'm having a hard time to get the exact meaning of the last sentence... English is not my mother tong but i'm not sure that would change the result and trial to get the meaning out of it.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans5030736c
lvl.2
Philippines

In my case, when I used a new battery on the Spark and opened DJI Go app, I was warned about firmware incompatibility and I had to click update. The battery was updated without going thru the DJI Assistant. This also happened when I also used another new battery (third battery). After that, all my 3 batteries worked with DJI Go app without any more issues.

The battery update firmware appears to be embedded in the Spark firmware (there was no need for internet connection),  and the battery got updated after I clicked update in the DJI Go app.  It took a few seconds and I saw that something was happening because the Spark lights were changing colors.
2017-8-2
Use props
aero1199
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372192 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans5030736c Posted at 2017-8-2 16:09
In my case, when I used a new battery on the Spark and opened DJI Go app, I was warned about firmware incompatibility and I had to click update. The battery was updated without going thru the DJI Assistant. This also happened when I also used another new battery (third battery). After that, all my 3 batteries worked with DJI Go app without any more issues.

The battery update firmware appears to be embedded in the Spark firmware (there was no need for internet connection),  and the battery got updated after I clicked update in the DJI Go app.  It took a few seconds and I saw that something was happening because the Spark lights were changing colors.

Good thread, thanks for info.

Does anyone know where to set the battery discharge time in the app?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and would like to set it to 2 days rather than default 5 days.
2017-8-11
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

aero1199 Posted at 2017-8-11 19:52
Good thread, thanks for info.

Does anyone know where to set the battery discharge time in the app?  I can't seem to find it anywhere and would like to set it to 2 days rather than default 5 days.

You cannot set discharge rate for Spark battery, need to go with the default
2017-8-11
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Could having 4 batteries be the reason I get the following message every time I connect to the Assistant?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/99416bxtcss2jgn/Untitled.jpg?dl=0

2017-8-19
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Yes, I have four batteries and each one has to be flashed to the current firmware. Otherwise you get that message.
2017-8-19
Use props
fans01d21e35
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I put my other battery in and it said incompatible firmware and did a quick update, so I guess it knew it was another battery.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules