30fps or 60fps for sport mode?
997 3 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc7605bcf
lvl.2
Australia

Hi,

I will be doing a vlog and I will be using my drone in sport mode. In post I will be using a 24fps timeline in premier pro. If i shoot 4k will 30fps slowed down to 24fps be choppy in premier pro? Would love advice on frame rates when filming in sport mode

2017-7-30
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Sports mode and (slow) 24fps doesn't seem a sensible combination!

But if you really want 24fps then put it in PAL mode and use the correct speed.
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sports mode will likely show the props if you are moving fast forward. Trying to change the frame rate in editing won't work very well at all.
As Nigel suggested, switch to PAL mode, which will then allow you to use 24 fps natively, and about 1/50th second exposure. Youll get best results if you use ND filters on the P4 as it's fixed aperture.

Best thing would be to do some test runs at home at different frame rates
2017-7-30
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why are you outputting your blog at 24fps?
24fps is a long established speed for cinema film work.  Experienced Cinematographers have to constantly be aware of how things move through the frame because there is a notable "stutter" to motion at 24fps.  Personally, I would shoot at 60fps to get the most amount of information and the smoothest motion possible.  Then edit your Vlog at 30fps to reduce the overall file size.  One thing I would never do is output drone video at 24fps.  I don't like how the motion stutters.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules