P3pro ESC error!! Not happy
1177 13 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jayprezo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79154 ft
United States

Hey guys...I don't take my p3p out very often..I noticed it said I need a firmware update..which I usually choose not to do..but now she won't take off and I have the ESC error...I've never crashed it and keep it in a nice case all the time ...what kind of hassels am I up against..or do u think doing an update will fix...I'm not happy. Missed out on a few good flying ops
2017-7-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you have NOT done an update yet?
2017-7-30
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

There are lots of posts here about ESC Status error after updating and iam one of them, ive done an IMU calibration but have`nt got round to flying it yet, i think with all the problems ive started to loose interest in drones, think i might go back to my remote control glider !
2017-7-30
Use props
Jayprezo
lvl.2
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2017-7-30 07:01
So you have NOT done an update yet?

Correct I have not done the latest update.
2017-7-30
Use props
Jayprezo
lvl.2
United States

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-7-30 07:49
There are lots of posts here about ESC Status error after updating and iam one of them, ive done an IMU calibration but have`nt got round to flying it yet, i think with all the problems ive started to loose interest in drones, think i might go back to my remote control glider !

Yea...this is very irritating. I feel like it is all done on purpose so we have to buy another one or stop flying all together. I'm 2 grand into my p3p and never crashed it and I keep reading dji says it's user error..and of coarse my warranty was up in march
2017-7-30
Use props
fans29fd0e5c
lvl.2
Canada

Jayprezo Posted at 2017-7-30 12:21
Yea...this is very irritating. I feel like it is all done on purpose so we have to buy another one or stop flying all together. I'm 2 grand into my p3p and never crashed it and I keep reading dji says it's user error..and of coarse my warranty was up in march

I am running on IOS with Phantom 3 Pro over 1 year now. I'm confused because after I decide to do the update firmware to P3X_FW_V01.11.0020 few days ago, when I turn on the drone to hover, i notice that my drone was backing up toward my house. Everything happenned so quikely I didn't have chance to react do anything but had the reflex to cut/turn the motors off. I ended up with a broken propeller and the guard only, it was just 2 meters from the ground. Let me tell you that I was very confused about this drone behavior because when you hover normaly in GPS Mode, the drone should stay stable and here it wasn't at all.

After when I change the propeller and try to start the motors, it refused to start and I get the message ESC Error in my screen. After few turn off and on of the battery, I was able the start the motors and use the drone but it was obvious many error message were showing in the screen in the DJI Go App. I could see for the first time since I update the drone, there was dramatiquely lots of error message and unstable communications between the drone and the remote ... ie Lost video signal, battery to low, no connection, no signal, IMU error... The following day when I try again, I lost the communication between the drone and the controler before starting everything. I than had to go on Youtube to find out how to reconnect/link the drone with the remote controle and finally get it back linked together.

I went on DJI Forum to find out what to do. Many message here and on Youtube recommand to change the main board, Part# 96 for P3P if you get message ESC ERROR. So I went on a web site and ordered the part 96 which cost me 175$ us. Now today I read this message where some users who never crash there drone received the same message (ESC ERROR) after upgrading to the new firmware  .

I will defenetly try to downgrade the firmware before changing the main board. WHat a mess and ridiculous situation here, I can not beleive it.

DJI I THINK YOU SHOULD BE MORE IMPLICATE WITH YOUR CLIENTS WHO ARE LOOSING THERE FREEDOM TO FLY WITH YOUR PRODUCT BECAUSE THE LAST UPDATE/FIRMWARE. THIS IS NOT NORMAL, PLEASE DO SOMETHING !
2017-7-30
Use props
Jayprezo
lvl.2
United States

fans29fd0e5c Posted at 2017-7-30 15:03
I am running on IOS with Phantom 3 Pro over 1 year now. I'm confused because after I decide to do the update firmware to P3X_FW_V01.11.0020 few days ago, when I turn on the drone to hover, i notice that my drone was backing up toward my house. Everything happenned so quikely I didn't have chance to react do anything but had the reflex to cut/turn the motors off. I ended up with a broken propeller and the guard only, it was just 2 meters from the ground. Let me tell you that I was very confused about this drone behavior because when you hover normaly in GPS Mode, the drone should stay stable and here it wasn't at all.

After when I change the propeller and try to start the motors, it refused to start and I get the message ESC Error in my screen. After few turn off and on of the battery, I was able the start the motors and use the drone but it was obvious many error message were showing in the screen in the DJI Go App. I could see for the first time since I update the drone, there was dramatiquely lots of error message and unstable communications between the drone and the remote ... ie Lost video signal, battery to low, no connection, no signal, IMU error... The following day when I try again, I lost the communication between the drone and the controler before starting everything. I than had to go on Youtube to find out how to reconnect/link the drone with the remote controle and finally get it back linked together.

Ye...I haven't downloaded the past 2 updates I believe.i have seen some people run with the original somftware and never update. I have always loved my drone...but it's ridiculous that just over a year having it I'm gonna have to spends hundreds to fix it when all it's done is sat in its case for 3 months.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I recommend you to update the firmware to the latest version to check whether the ESC error is misinformation or hardware issue. The latest firmware fixed occasional ESC issue, please have a try:
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans29fd0e5c Posted at 2017-7-30 15:03

So sorry to hear the accident of your drone. The latest firmware has fixed the occasional ESC self-diagnostic testing failure. I apologize if there is any misunderstanding. As for the crash,  I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com and send it in for fully diagnosis and repair.
2017-7-31
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Susan any sugestions as to what i can do the only warning message ive ever had before was a vision position sensor land as soon as poss. solved this problem by turning it off. P3P has always been kept up to date with the latest firmware also the remote. Ipad 4 mini also up to date with the latest DJI Go App. Just like Jayprezo ive put nearly two grand into this drone and now iam getting this. This Drone has never been crashed or hard landed, most of the time i hand catch it to make sure it never gets damaged.
2017-7-31
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.2
Canada

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-7-31 08:57
Hi DJI Susan any sugestions as to what i can do the only warning message ive ever had before was a vision position sensor land as soon as poss. solved this problem by turning it off. P3P has always been kept up to date with the latest firmware also the remote. Ipad 4 mini also up to date with the latest DJI Go App. Just like Jayprezo ive put nearly two grand into this drone and now iam getting this. This Drone has never been crashed or hard landed, most of the time i hand catch it to make sure it never gets damaged.

See my new topic:
ReInstal new Firmware in RC should solve I would say ALL errors
2017-8-5
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you update the GO4 app?
2017-8-5
Use props
Agent7837
lvl.2
Canada

Yes because if you don't you will receive a prompt message while opening the app dji go a new update is available. Be aware dji go 4 it not for P3 but for P4 and Mavic
2017-8-5
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks Agent7837  i will give this a try when i return home
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules