Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin, New Problems
1899 7 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
errantwanderlus
New

United States

So my old Ronin was rendered useless after a failed firmware update. I shipped it to California for service, but I'm in the middle of a film shoot so I had to purchase a new Ronin to get through the next few weeks. Of course out of the box the mounting dovetail (the top one on the pan motor) doesn't fit tightly with the included handlebars or the Ronin Grip, so I've got them all shimmed with masking tape (looks very professional). I don't expect there's much that can be done about that short of DJI fixing their manufacturing process, but maybe someone can help me with my new problem.

When the gimbal initializes, the horizon is tilted by a few degrees. Calibrating the gimbal does not fix this. There is no longer a trim setting in either the Android app or the Windows app for the roll axis (or any other axis). The only way to fix it is to get out the 2nd operator radio and tweak the roll manually. I have to do this every time I turn on the gimbal and I can't say I'm happy about it. This has been a very frustrating week. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
2017-7-30
Use props
errantwanderlus
New

United States

I was able to install an old version of the Assistant and adjust the roll trim, but the roll will drift during pans. I'd attempt a firmware downgrade, but the server's been "busy" since yesterday.
2017-7-30
Use props
Skydiveallan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can anyone advise me how to use the smooth track?

On my laptop I change the speed and press enter and the existing number does not change. On my mobile they smooth track is greyed out and won't switch on.

Also can the Pan be completely disabled?

Many Thanks in advance

Allan
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Skydiveallan Posted at 2017-10-4 09:24
Can anyone advise me how to use the smooth track?

On my laptop I change the speed and press enter and the existing number does not change. On my mobile they smooth track is greyed out and won't switch on.

Take a look at page 18 as it advises further on the Smooth Track Mode https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _v2.0_en_160229.pdf
2017-10-5
Use props
Skydiveallan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your help. I've read the manual but it doesn't help as the pan smooth track is showing as off on my mobile and it can't be switched on as it's greyed out.

I've uninstalled the app and tried again and it's the same result.

Allan
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Skydiveallan Posted at 2017-10-6 01:37
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your help. I've read the manual but it doesn't help as the pan smooth track is showing as off on my mobile and it can't be switched on as it's greyed out.

Allan, can you try resetting your Ronin to factory settings? See if you can do that as well through the Software Assistant. Also, log out of your App and then restart everything. Work your way back from that. Also check on page 17 regarding App settings. If it is grayed out, perhaps this is an App setting that needs to be turned on.
2017-10-6
Use props
fans0d5770ee
New

Bulgaria

Hey guys! I have problem with my Ronin M. I have it from 20 days and it fails me four times to my customers! This is disaster!
I cannot rely on it! Please, tell me if I make something wrong.
Here is video with my problem. It just don't work every time. I manage to film with the gimbal only twice!
dropbox.com/s/qh4yjhyjl91nqbw/VID_20171010_170136.3gp?dl=0
2017-10-10
Use props
Amgad Al-ahmmar
New

Egypt

How i can downgrade the software of ronin16
2019-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules