SD Card Error?
2562 13 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Each time I place my SD Card in an adapter and insert to my computer (Windows 7 or 10)the computer tells me thay there is an error on the card and it needs to scan and repair the card.  I tell it "okay", then it scans the card and tells me it's okay. It does this every time with either stills or video on the card.  I always format in the AC.  Anyone else have this issue?
2017-7-30
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Same here. I always says "do not repair"
2017-7-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a different SD card? There may be an issue with the card itself.
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I think it's something with the DJI firmware because whenever I stick sd card in my computer and try to put it back in the Drone I get an error so what I do is format it either in my phone or drone and then it's fine now I just stick the SD card in my S8 Plus copy things over
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Tell it not to repair, there is no issue with the SD card you will be fine after that
2017-7-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-30 14:45
Tell it not to repair, there is no issue with the SD card you will be fine after that

Tried that, but I still get the same message evertime.  No big deal, I can still download the pics and videos.  Really just a minor aggrivation.
2017-7-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-30 13:30
Have you tried a different SD card? There may be an issue with the card itself.

Yes, same result. I mostly use the card that came with the Spark. I guess it's a DJI thing.  Works anyway.  Just a minor inconvenience.
2017-7-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnlandpix Posted at 2017-7-30 15:43
Yes, same result. I mostly use the card that came with the Spark. I guess it's a DJI thing.  Works anyway.  Just a minor inconvenience.

My Spark didn't come with one, but my Mavic did and it wasn't a very good one. I may be a SD card snob, been a photographer for many years and have always used the fastest, highest quality card I could find - more expensive but I've never had a card failure. Good luck!
2017-7-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-7-30 19:20
My Spark didn't come with one, but my Mavic did and it wasn't a very good one. I may be a SD card snob, been a photographer for many years and have always used the fastest, highest quality card I could find - more expensive but I've never had a card failure. Good luck!

Thanks.  I am also a photographer and I too use only the best cards.  I think my computers get confused by some DJI code on the cards.  The computer always tells me there is an error, but I still get great pics and videos anyway.  
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

You need to eject the “usb drive” before unplug or powering off

If you don’t eject.. that is the error you get
2017-7-31
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

eylneb Posted at 2017-7-31 06:18

You may have the answer there. I didn't think about that because I always import through Lightroom and it does that for me so I never have to.
2017-7-31
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I always do that.  I have a P4 and never get a card error with the SD card.  From my Spark I always get the corupted file error.
2017-7-31
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

I'm game, I know how to do that on my PC but the Spark is another story. I would be greatly interested in finding out how to properly "eject" the SD card before I pull it out. At this time I am shutting off the Spark and after it completely shuts off I open the little cover and press in on the card then just slide it out. When I place it in the PC it says there "may" be errors on the card and it needs to be scanned for errors. If I tell it OK it quickly scans the card and says there were NO errors found. My files can then be transferred off of the card.
It is the same message as improperly removing a USB stick from my PC without first "ejecting" the USB device however I did not know this could be done on the Spark before removing the card. I suspected the Spark was not properly closing the card at shutdown giving the message when it was inserted into the Windows machine.
2017-12-19
Use props
JimmyBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4970 ft
United States

Get the same error.

The Spark isn't shutting down correctly. The firmware need to be fixed.
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules