An open letter to DJI
2409 37 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Going through the P4P forum, i can read so many complaints regarding the latest firmware and all the issues and problems users are having with their P4P drones.

Well....I'm also having some issues....small ones, but can become a major issue when sitting in the editing room or trying to explaing a client that we need to shoot a scene again.

Lately, i'm getting a JELLO effect on the videos, something that some users in this forum have posted. This is not supposed to happen on a brand new P4P. Is it the propellers?, Gimball maybe?, vibration?....I did not have any of these problems till a installed the latest firmware.

Also, and i already posted on this, is the DLOG ISO stuck at 800. Come on guys!, you need to give users the freedom to choose the perfect ISO for recording video. As i said before, 800 iso affects the image with too much noise, and it becomes a postproduction nightmare when grading-colorizing the video.

Regarding the MICRO SD CARDS.....well, if i want a freaking fast micro sd card like the Lexar pro 1800x microsdxc to get the perfect bitrate on my videos, how is it possible that i cannot use this card on my drone!?!?!?

And the list of issues continues.....TILTED HORIZON, DEGRADED TRANSMISSION, GIMBAL ISSUES, ETC.

Great customer service, awesome technical support and fast response to problems are the pilars of great companies. Please DJI, help me and all other users of P4P drones to solve all this issues affecting us.

Best,
2017-7-30
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If you had no issue whatsoever previously, why did you updated FW so eagerly?
2017-7-30
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Well....that's very easy to answer: keeping your equipment updated and up to date.
2017-7-30
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed.  DJI needs to get on this quickly.  The bad press is reaching beyond this forum.  No company can afford to treat their customers this way.  DJI has a lot of brilliant people on their employee roster.  Now they need to implement better QA testing and much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better customer support.
2017-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI have NEVER responded to this sort of letter, NEVER! So don't hold your breath waiting.

As to your issues, jello is only caused by one thing, vibration of the camera. So you need to isolate the cause on your aircraft, is the camera vibrating due to the gimbal causing vibration, or are the props out of balance. Jello is not caused by firmware or software updates.

To the SD card, Lexar cards have always caused problems in DJI aircraft. The safest route is to buy Sandisk Extreme cards, as they always work OK providing you did not buy a counterfeit one.

2017-7-30
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Geebax......go to this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-105192-1-1.html
2017-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-7-30 17:17
Geebax......go to this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-105192-1-1.html

What am I expected to glean from that thread? You did not give any detail in your question, so my question still remains, is your gimbal vibrating of its own accord, or does this only happen in the air? And if you are questioning my reply in terms of jello not being caused by software, then I stand by that, if the gimbal vribrates due to a software fault, then the fault is a vibrating gimbal. That will in turn cause jello, but the fact remains, jello is only caused by camera vbibration.
2017-7-30
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Lets see....jello happens when flying. On ground no gimbal sounds. Changed propellers and problem persists. All my cards were purchased in amazon, my p4p is a brand new one and already having lots if issues...like many other users that upgraded to the new firmware. So....can you provide any ideas or solutions to solve this?!
2017-7-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-7-30 11:43
Well....that's very easy to answer: keeping your equipment updated and up to date.

Aloha Cine,

If you are having a problem with a firmware update, then roll back your firmware until you figure out what the problem is.  Pay attention to what Geebax has posted.  He is very experienced in ways you cannot imagine, and he flies to.

What efforts have you made to "unstick" your DLOG ISO?  Obviously, your concerns about a camera operator's freedom to use different settings for DLOG ISO is fully within the intent of DJI and their software program and indicates you have a problem.  Your problem with your P4 Pro is not my problem with my P4 Pro.  What are you not doing to solve your problem.  How many times have you refreshed your firmware to be sure everything is operating properly?  Have you reinstalled your DJI GO 4 app?  Did it help?  Are you operating with a rock-solid Internet connection?

Are you using an approved device for your operations?  All we have here in your "open letter" is what a complainer you are and how you expect everything to be done for you.  You have chosen to blame all your problems on DJI and do not appear to be taking any responsibility for why you are not able to get your bird in the air the way you want it.  

It is bad form on this Forum to not take responsibility for your inability to achieve the flights you want.  This is not a complainer's forum.  This is a Do It Yourself Forum.  This is a community of problem solver's Forum.  

We are here to help you, not listen to you whine and complain about how you cannot even get a little bird in the air to do what it needs to do according to the manufacturer's specifications.  If your bird is not operating according to the the manufacturer's specifications, you need help.  Complaining gets you no help.  Questions about problems get you help!

This is the second whiner to open a thread as an open letter in less than a month.  He was a whiner to.  Get a hold of yourself and solve your problems with your system.  We are here to help, not listen to you bellyache about how you are unable to fly your bird the way you want to.  If you cannot fly your bird, get in a different line of work if you are not capable.  If you are not interested in solving your own problems, you do not deserve to use cutting edge technology.  Your choice.  Solve your problems or get in a different line of work.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-7-30 17:35
Lets see....jello happens when flying. On ground no gimbal sounds. Changed propellers and problem persists. All my cards were purchased in amazon, my p4p is a brand new one and already having lots if issues...like many other users that upgraded to the new firmware. So....can you provide any ideas or solutions to solve this?!

This is a user forum, so a smart mouth does not get you anywhere on here if you want help to sort out issues.

Why not post a short piece of video to Dropbox, original video only, not post-produced. Different people have different ideas of what jello is, but the fact remains, it only has one cause - camera vibration. So the idea is to isolate what is causing that vibration. In some aircraft, the gains on the gimbals are too high and it actually vibrates, so the first thing to do is isolate that as an issue, try hovering the aircraft just in front of you and gently touch the camera to see if there is vibration.

Replacing props does not necessarily solve out of balance props, you may just be replacing one out of balance prop for another. The correct procedure is to balance them using a prop-balancer. But first you need to eliminate the gimbal vibration as a cause.

Buying cads via Amazon does not guarantee anything. Some people have bought cards from them that dont work - it proves nothing. But you would be wise to avoid Lexar cards anyway, too many issues have been reported with them.

2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thanks for your feedback, we'll forward it to our engineers, will keep improving to provide you all better product and service. As for the video issue, could you please provide an original video from the SD card to Dropbox for better assistance?
2017-7-31
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Count on it!
2017-7-31
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Nobody prevents you from using a UHS-II card . BUT... the card writer in the P4P apparently has only ONE row of contacts , like the UHS-I cards have -and in the specs DJI cites UHS-I cards-. Now, on a UHS-II card you achieve the maximum write/read speeds only if you can use the second row of contacts... So you can still use them, but not at the max speed.
SD  uhs1- vs uhs2.png
2017-8-1
Use props
CharlesWhiteman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 923114 ft
United Kingdom

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-7-30 17:35

Are you setting your shutter speed in relation to your framerate?
2017-8-1
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

of course my friend
2017-8-1
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 18:22
Thanks for your feedback, we'll forward it to our engineers, will keep improving to provide you all better product and service. As for the video issue, could you please provide an original video from the SD card to Dropbox for better assistance?

Diana, this file was too large to upload. anyways, i compressed it with quicktime for you to see the gimbal tilt problem, shaking and jello.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb9yng5vkyflvha/DJI_0152.mov?dl=0

Thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-1
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

fans03941059 Posted at 2017-8-1 06:21
I thought your open letter was excellent. Especially when it comes to thenissues such as the degraded live video feed.

Remember, you will always have a small group of fan boys here that will criticize you, but just ignore them. From what I understand, DJI does monitor these forums.

Thanks.......
2017-8-1
Use props
Makirichi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 274199 ft
Canada

Holy Cow! Cine Films Beginner hope peoples new generations will NOT follow Mantor like you. I red all tread of this Forum and silently observe but now that's enough. Captain Geebax & First Officer Cetacean already give you a luxe of details and times from their personal life for you in "How to proceed" and your reaction was to lift your nose up, turn your heels against them and luckily your face saved by DJI Moderator and... whatever.

Now, I got the same problem with the horizontal drastically tilting camera/gimbal " Like you" when moving sideways (Only left problem to fix after a series of problems demystified)

But, every time I kept myself calm, patient and cooperative. Why is that? Because DJI is literally exploding of new "Mature daddy" toys and can't keep up with that sort of demand.

So, for those reading here I will encourage you to put things in perspective and stay receptive and friendly throughout your visit.

Thanks y'all in advance and if someone find out about this issue and want to share it's feedback, you're more than Welcome ~

2017-8-1
Use props
Makirichi
lvl.1
Canada

Here is the sequence, but this happens most of the time. Is it software or mechanic? Here is the question.   Software updated or before always been like that since january 17 2017  [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/x61em51vq8yzrz2/DJI_0016.MP4?dl=0]
2017-8-1
Use props
Foghorn
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 18:22

Every time I attempt to download firmware update for phantom 4, it gets stuck at 98% and I get error code 0003

Somehow online support put me in touch with several "techs" only one was able to give any advice at all which was to re-install DJI assistant 2 which did nothing.  And every time I start assistant it goes through an update.  Please help if you can.
joebrekke@yahoo.com
2017-8-1
Use props
Makirichi
lvl.1
Canada

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/ ... _0016.MP4?role=work
2017-8-1
Use props
Makirichi
lvl.1
Canada

Here is a sequence to support my claim, but it happens most of the time since january 17 2017.  Is it software or mechanic?   I kept updated aircraft, remote and  DJI GO4 app  but nothing changed. cross my finger but as soon as the cold kicks in i'll return the aircraft for repair. Can't leave my bird for a month gone for repair ~ https://www.dropbox.com/preview/ ... _0016.MP4?role=work
2017-8-1
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Makirichi Posted at 2017-8-1 08:40
Here is the sequence, but this happens most of the time. Is it software or mechanic? Here is the question.   Software updated or before always been like that since january 17 2017

yes....same gimbal problem.
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-8-1 11:38
yes....same gimbal problem.

Everything seems to be a problem with you, it almost seems like you don't want any help. So I'm taking it that you only came to rant.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

2017-8-1
Use props
mrvideo
New

Australia

Jello;  have you enabled mechanical shutter ?
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans03941059 Posted at 2017-8-1 12:45
As I said Cinefilms, there are fan boys like the one above this post who shill for DJI. They make it very obvious.

Was wondering how long it would take you to pop up again !, there are people who are trying to help cinefilims here, I don't see much help coming from you, but that's always the case with you.
2017-8-1
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

fans03941059 Posted at 2017-8-1 12:45
As I said Cinefilms, there are fan boys like the one above this post who shill for DJI. They make it very obvious.

yeap!....no matter if you post asking dji for "solutions for everybody"....there's always someone who just doesn't even makes contributions to help others. just critics.
In my "open letter to dji"...my final statement was: "Great customer service, awesome technical support and fast response to problems are the pilars of great companies. Please DJI, help me and all other users of P4P drones to solve all this issues affecting us."

Let them be.

Peace.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans03941059
Banned

United States

2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Foghorn Posted at 2017-8-1 09:15
Every time I attempt to download firmware update for phantom 4, it gets stuck at 98% and I get error code 0003

Somehow online support put me in touch with several "techs" only one was able to give any advice at all which was to re-install DJI assistant 2 which did nothing.  And every time I start assistant it goes through an update.  Please help if you can.

Have you tried to upgrade the drone via APP? If yes, how is it going? Could you please provide me a screenshot of the error code?
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-8-1 05:38
Diana, this file was too large to upload. anyways, i compressed it with quicktime for you to see the gimbal tilt problem, shaking and jello.

Cinefilms, so sorry to say that you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis, looks like it has a gimbal issue.  Please refer to the link below to contact the Support. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cinefilms Posted at 2017-8-1 05:38

The golden rule of posting clips for evaluation is not to process them in any way. I don't know what you originally shot it in, but that file is 640 x 360. That is just mush, and cannot be used for diagnosis. The best way to cope with the large file size is to shoot a short section of original footage and post it as is.

I did see the gimbal tilt occur twice, but I also saw no sign at all of shaking or jello.

2017-8-3
Use props
hdlou94
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753163 ft
United States

Love this post,, Well DJI? any thoughts or comments??
2017-8-3
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-3 02:46
The golden rule of posting clips for evaluation is not to process them in any way. I don't know what you originally shot it in, but that file is 640 x 360. That is just mush, and cannot be used for diagnosis. The best way to cope with the large file size is to shoot a short section of original footage and post it as is.

I did see the gimbal tilt occur twice, but I also saw no sign at all of shaking or jello.

here....enjoy yourself!

Already told i might have a "gimbal problem". Have you seen the amount of videos with this problem posted on youtube?.....huge. A recall might be on it's way.

Another user in this forum posted this link with the same problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x61em51vq8yzrz2/DJI_0016.MP4?dl=0]

I need you to know that this is not something against dji or to harm dji. I think dji is an awesome company with amazing products.....but my friend....sometimes even the best companies in the world screw things big time.

Difference is on how they respond to their customers. For example: If i were DJI.....a new drone and i mean a brand new one should be sent to me...no questions asked. Of course, returning the "damaged one" through fedex or ups or dhl for a complete evaluation on WTF is going on with all these gimbal issues.

Have you seen how apple takes care of it's customers?......exactly!....that's why they are so succesful.

This is my second drone....already have a P4 and also an osmo+, so i'm not only a fan on dji products, but a loyal customer to the brand.

Don't i deserve from dji a fast response-solution to my problem with my P4P?......Also, if i have a problem with one of my dji devices....i'm not allowed to complain if something goes wrong?

Think about it.

Peace.

All the best,
2017-8-4
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If anyone feels they have to upgrade there's a simple logic to use, always hold back one revision and let everyone else be the Crash Dummies to try out what the pencil heads sitting on a computers feel  is best for us.

Regards. Mike
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

2017-8-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OK, I am not interested in getting into a discussion about DJI's service policies or such, only the issues you reported.

Yes, you have a gimbal problem, but it is most likely fixable with a new version of firmware. But, you do not have any jello. Also, you have not posted an ORIGINAL piece of footage, Mediainfo reports it has been re-coded and is not original. But if you had jello, it would still be visible even so.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules