Spark controller not working properly -Strong Interference Warn...
7324 36 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38232 ft
United States

i am getting a " Strong Interference Detected Warning " and intermittent or no video signal when using the controller via Wifi ( OTG Cable as well ) while connected to the Spark via the Spark Controller.  DJI 4 Go app ( FW 4.1.5 ) keeps asking to Calibrate every time i preparing to fly.

I'm able to fly drone but with little to no video signal. I'm flying in the same places I always have flown with no issue from the previous update.

I have tried the following:
- Rebooting Spark, IPhone 6 Plus and controller.
- reinstalled DJI 4 Go FW Ver 4.1.5
- Down graded to FW Ver. 4.1.4
- Disconnecting the Spark Controller and flying via WiFi from Iphone.   ( That seems to work ok )
- I suspect that the controller firmware update maybe the issue.  

Can I down grade the firmware on the controller..if so how? .  DJI Assistant doesn't recognize the controller when connected to the latest version of OS on MAC.

Everything was cool before i updated the firmware to Ver 4.1.5 and simply downgrading doesnt seem to fix the " Strong Interference Detected Warning " and bad video issue.

im so frustrated.  I just want to fly.  

2017-7-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you in a heavily electrical area? try flying out in the open field.

Good Luck!
2017-7-30
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

And never force a flight when you are receiving this warnings - this have a pretty high chance to cause problems to you and a possible lost of aircraft.

Go to a open field and make tests if theres still interference .
2017-7-30
Use props
pcyeoh
New
Flight distance : 2805 ft
Malaysia

STech - Hathder Posted at 2017-7-30 18:19
And never force a flight when you are receiving this warnings - this have a pretty high chance to cause problems to you and a possible lost of aircraft.

Go to a open field and make tests if theres still interference .

This seems to be happening lately... Don't know why...
2017-7-31
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

pcyeoh Posted at 2017-7-31 06:13
This seems to be happening lately... Don't know why...

Yes, i make a thread on forum to warn users that when dji go advises and make a warning about compass error, they should land as soon as possible and dont continue forcing the flight
2017-7-31
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this happen once, and it was scary.  Fortunately, I could see it, and was able to put it in sport mode and guide it back safely till GPS acted normal again.  I was afraid to fly after that for a couple days.
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-30 18:06
Are you in a heavily electrical area? try flying out in the open field.

Good Luck!

I'm flying at schools in my area. Houses all around, but I've been flying with no issue  before the last firmware upgrade.  I have a feeling its the controller.  I tried flying with just my phone and had no issue with FPV.   when I up graded DJI 4 GO app it also updated the controller firmware.   I need to know if I can down-grade the controller FW.  Any idea on how to do that?
2017-7-31
Use props
Perlbo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150951 ft
Germany

Hi. Connect with controller and then press in dj goapp upper Right Icon with the three lines for 10s. Then release your Finger. That Open Menu to downgrade.
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Perlbo Posted at 2017-7-31 11:30
Hi. Connect with controller and then press in dj goapp upper Right Icon with the three lines for 10s. Then release your Finger. That Open Menu to downgrade.

OK, i will give that a try as soon as i get home.   Is there any documentation or YouTube video with that operation to downgrade the controller firmware?   And many thanks :-)
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is interference warning when you are in the air? If you are getting strong interference on the ground this is not a call to calibrate, but to move your spark to another location, if you calibrate in the same spot you are likely to pick up whatever is causing interference and thus your compass takes on parameters of that area.
Are there any metal objects around or rebar concrete underground electrics etc.

Your bad video issues have you tried both 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz? Is it the same on both
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ampudiahouse Posted at 2017-7-31 09:47
I'm flying at schools in my area. Houses all around, but I've been flying with no issue  before the last firmware upgrade.  I have a feeling its the controller.  I tried flying with just my phone and had no issue with FPV.   when I up graded DJI 4 GO app it also updated the controller firmware.   I need to know if I can down-grade the controller FW.  Any idea on how to do that?

Can you upload a flight log to link below just click on link and come back and post link here.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:47
Is interference warning when you are in the air? If you are getting strong interference on the ground this is not a call to calibrate, but to move your spark to another location, if you calibrate in the same spot you are likely to pick up whatever is causing interference and thus your compass takes on parameters of that area.

The interference warning happens about 30 sec after controller connect to DJI app.  Video signal cuts in and out ot gives me half screen or blank screen.  Does not effect stick control of the drone.  recording is fine.   Just the FPV DJI Control screen is not usable. Im flying in residential areas I have flown before with no issue many times before the latest firmware update.  I don't get the warning when flying with IPhone.  just when the controller is connected via WiFi and or OTG cable.   I will try changing WiFi channels.  Good suggestion.  Thanks
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

AND, every time i connect to app it ask for calibration.
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ampudiahouse Posted at 2017-7-31 12:06
AND, every time i connect to app it ask for calibration.

What exactly does the message say?
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 12:22
What exactly does the message say?

It ask to calibrate and turn off any Bluetooth devices.
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:54
Can you upload a flight log to link below just click on link and come back and post link here.

i will when i get home  :-)
2017-7-31
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

I tried this and it may have helped.  Out of 5 flights, 3 were flawless. I calibrated IMU and Controller. Lets see tomorrow if it goes away by choosing a better channel.  I ran out of battery power for now.  Thank again!
2017-7-31
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

ampudiahouse Posted at 2017-7-31 12:02
The interference warning happens about 30 sec after controller connect to DJI app.  Video signal cuts in and out ot gives me half screen or blank screen.  Does not effect stick control of the drone.  recording is fine.   Just the FPV DJI Control screen is not usable. Im flying in residential areas I have flown before with no issue many times before the latest firmware update.  I don't get the warning when flying with IPhone.  just when the controller is connected via WiFi and or OTG cable.   I will try changing WiFi channels.  Good suggestion.  Thanks

I have experienece similar when I bought the remote separately and link with aircraft for the first time.
What i did was that landing the aircraft.doing IMU and compass calibration.the remote control calibration.everything is fine after that.you can give it a try.
2017-7-31
Use props
ktrap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10305 ft
United States

Same issue here. After firmware update, I keep getting interference detected messsage and video is choppy/unusable. Everything worked fine in the same environment before. This does not affect flight control or gps. I also noticed that the issue goes away after awhile
2017-8-1
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

ktrap Posted at 2017-8-1 04:04
Same issue here. After firmware update, I keep getting interference detected messsage and video is choppy/unusable. Everything worked fine in the same environment before. This does not affect flight control or gps. I also noticed that the issue goes away after awhile

HERE IS DJI SUPPORT RESOLUTION.  I did all these and now my Spark flys with no issues 80% of the time flying in areas that had ZERO issues before the update.
About your concern:
Please do:
​Refresh the firmware and try again flying.​
​For Strong interference Warning:
Make sure you are from free environment(no CableSatellite/near airport/warehouse(metals).​
​Check For best Remote Controller practice:
Currently there is no downgrading for Spark Remote Controller.

for calibration:
Compass Calibration:

1. Choose an open area to conduct the compass calibration.
2. Tap the Aircraft Status bar in the app and select "Calibrate", then follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Hold the aircraft  horizontally and rotate 360 degrees. The aircraft status indicators will go solid green.
4. Hold the aircraft vertically with the nose pointing downward, and rotate it 360 degrees around the center axis.
5. Recalibrate the aircraft if the status indicators blinks red.
If the status indicators blinks red and yellow after the calibration procedure, move your aircraft to a different location and try again.

IMU Calibration:

1. Make sure that the Aircraft and Remote Controller battery is more than 50%.
2. Turn on Remote Controller and connect to the Mobile Device.
3. Place the Aircraft on a level surface.
4. Turn on the Aircraft.
5. Launch DJI Go app.
Go to Main Controller settings > Advanced Settings> Sensors> IMU Calibration> Start Calibration.
6. The calibration process will take about 5 minutes. Please wait for the confirmation on DJI Go app.
7. IMU Calibration will fail if the aircraft is not positioned according to the instruction on DJI GO app.
8. If calibration fails, restart the aircraft and calibrate the IMU again.

Remote Controller Calibration

Reference: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... ler-calibration-mp4
Is the RC light red after linking? Is it beeping continously?
1. Power off the AC and turn on the RC and launch the DJI Go app.
2. Enter the Camera View, and tap the RC icon, choose RC calibration, and tap Calibrate.
3. Move the throttle stick according to the instructions shown in the app.
4. Repeat this several times to ensure that the throttle sticks can go through the maximum and minimum path.
5. Turn the dial according to the instructions given by the app. Repeat it several times.
6. Tap Finished. Calibration is done.
7. If the calibration fails, repeat the listed steps above. If it fails several times, please contact DJI Aftersales service

If you have any questions , please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:
Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support:
http://www.dji.com/support/product
2017-8-1
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-7-31 21:02
I have experienece similar when I bought the remote separately and link with aircraft for the first time.
What i did was that landing the aircraft.doing IMU and compass calibration.the remote control calibration.everything is fine after that.you can give it a try.

I did that and the problem sorta went away.   But still happens less.   I still believe it has something to do with the Controller firmware update, but I cant test that theory because its not possible to downgrade the controller.  DJI-  UPDATE PLEASE!!

2017-8-1
Use props
jchayden
New
United States

I've had the exact same issue you are experiencing.  Everything was going great before the controller firmware update, now flying in the exact same areas as before is a disaster.  
2017-8-1
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

I am having all the same issues since the firmware upgrades. I have flown in these places for literally YEARS with no issue....what is going on?
2017-8-1
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-1 12:55
I am having all the same issues since the firmware upgrades. I have flown in these places for literally YEARS with no issue....what is going on?

Dont know, i suspect the controller firmware update.   I downgraded the Spark FW to 4.1.4. and it still did the same thing.   I suspect the controller !
2017-8-1
Use props
Lobojpm
New
United States

Hi- I had the exact same thing happen to me.  Always had good video and connection between my Spark and the controller.  Then I did the firmware update on both the Spark and the Controller.  After that, I got interference warnings every time, and VERY choppy or no video at all even when it was sitting right next to me.

What ended up working for me was to temporarily turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone.   Once I did that, I was connected just fine.

It's weird though, because I never had to do that before the firmware update...   Hopefully this is something they will fix soon, but in the meantime, try temporarily disabling Bluetooth on your phone and see if that helps.
2017-8-1
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Lobojpm Posted at 2017-8-1 14:36
Hi- I had the exact same thing happen to me.  Always had good video and connection between my Spark and the controller.  Then I did the firmware update on both the Spark and the Controller.  After that, I got interference warnings every time, and VERY choppy or no video at all even when it was sitting right next to me.

What ended up working for me was to temporarily turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone.   Once I did that, I was connected just fine.

I will try that and I've read that putting your phone in Airplane Mode and use OTG cable may work to resolve that issue  .  I'm going to try no BT and APM  when I get home .  Thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

Mine has bad video in both wifi frequencies.  It's really sad. I want to use this thing, but it's terrible. Is DJI going to fix it?
2017-8-1
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

ampudiahouse Posted at 2017-8-1 11:43
I did that and the problem sorta went away.   But still happens less.   I still believe it has something to do with the Controller firmware update, but I cant test that theory because its not possible to downgrade the controller.  DJI-  UPDATE PLEASE!!

I bought the flymore package, and it was terrible before the update, and is terrible after the update. I don't know what's wrong but I'm not flying it much till it gets fixed.
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Domsz06 Posted at 2017-8-1 15:30
Mine has bad video in both wifi frequencies.  It's really sad. I want to use this thing, but it's terrible. Is DJI going to fix it?

I don't have any problems. Most don't so I don't know if more firmware is going to fix anything. Have you tried other devices. Can you put up some logs they might show something that will help.
2017-8-1
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

ampudiahouse Posted at 2017-8-1 11:43

Yes, you can downgrade the controller firmware:
1. Connect controller to phone (Without turning on Spark).
2. Open DJI Go 4, tap and old the "3 dash" icon on the top right, it will bring you to the firmware menu, you can downgrade there.
Anway, I would suggest refresh the firmware to test first before downgrade. The new firmware works for me, maybe it got some interrupt during your update and caused the glitch, try refreshing first to see if any improvement.
2017-8-1
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
United States

I was having the same type of connection problems before the FW upgrade and after.  Finally I turned off Bluetooth on my iPhone and Bluetooth on my hearing aids and the problem went away.
2017-8-1
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Hi, if you are also using apple watch, or other smartwatches, try turning the bluetooth (or the entire device), to see if that works. Some one here had the same issue and found the apple watch's frequency interferes as well.
2017-8-1
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-1 18:12
Hi, if you are also using apple watch, or other smartwatches, try turning the bluetooth (or the entire device), to see if that works. Some one here had the same issue and found the apple watch's frequency interferes as well.

I have had and used apple watch for literally years with my DJI products. The fact that it is all of a sudden an issue is silly.
2017-8-2
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-1 17:16
Yes, you can downgrade the controller firmware:
1. Connect controller to phone (Without turning on Spark).
2. Open DJI Go 4, tap and old the "3 dash" icon on the top right, it will bring you to the firmware menu, you can downgrade there.

thank you for this
2017-8-2
Use props
ampudiahouse
lvl.1
United States

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-1 18:12

I'll try that thanks!
2017-8-2
Use props
fans6f27550c
New
United States

Same issue.  Folks on here suggesting to turn off Bluetooth devices, while the error message states to do that, the error message only appeared AFTER the firmware update.  I flew the Spark ~30 times since the beginning of July up until the firmware update a couple of weeks ago and had zero Bluetooth interference / calibrate compass error messages.  The only thing that changed was the firmware update.

I nearly lost my Spark in a lake last weekend due to this issue.  
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules