Dji goggles - my opinion so far
1836 15 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

These goggles are amazing. My current critique list is short so i will get it out the way first: would be nice if they were smaller and less expensive and came with a carry bag - for me so far thats it.

Everything else is either great, frippen awesome or truely amazing.
Smooth (moving object) tracking is now a breeze as the viewing screen is so clear w/o glare making things easy to see and easy smooth head movements replace previously tricky stick and gimbal movements.
The range is good- seems to start getitng fuzzy some where around 1km - but i am happy with that.
Operating the goggles is quick to learn - accessing functions is easy.
Resetting the head tracking calibration (when required) is also easily accessable and can be done in flight and takes only an instant.
The FPV right up in yr face is fantastic - the bit of light bleeding in at the sides is only noticable until the screen comes on- after that i do not notice it at all and it does not affect my viewing screen or distract me at all.

thanks dji

2017-7-30
Use props
DavidEcZ
lvl.2
Indonesia

You are lucky my man, I have 3 hours trying to connect these damn goggles with the magic, and the only thing I see its the same message over and over FAILD FAILD FAILD... I got tired really.
2017-12-4
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Wow,

Two very different points of view and experiences!
2017-12-4
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DavidEcZ Posted at 2017-12-4 02:48
You are lucky my man, I have 3 hours trying to connect these damn goggles with the magic, and the only thing I see its the same message over and over FAILD FAILD FAILD... I got tired really.

Have read about the same problem(s) in other threads, this and the fact of the super bright screen display was a major factor in me deciding to buy the 5.5" Crystal Sky monitor. I already have a set of Fat Shark Dominator V3 HD (1080p) glasses for flying my FPV quads, they have a mini HDMI input port, The CS has a full size HDMI output port, thus with a simple full>mini adapter I can use the Fat Sharks with any of my DJI drones via the HDMI out on the CS.

2017-12-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which goggles are you using. I ordered the RE’s but haven’t received them yet.
2017-12-4
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-4 03:14
Have read about the same problem(s) in other threads, this and the fact of the super bright screen display was a major factor in me deciding to buy the 5.5" Crystal Sky monitor. I already have a set of Fat Shark Dominator V3 HD (1080p) glasses for flying my FPV quads, they have a mini HDMI input port, The CS has a full size HDMI output port, thus with a simple full>mini adapter I can use the Fat Sharks with any of my DJI drones via the HDMI out on the CS.

[view_image]

Also bought the 5,5" CS love it
2017-12-4
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely, FLAWLESS, right out of the box.
Better range than most have reported.
I can count on them when iOS stumbles.
Cheap +2.50 readers with the ear pieces removed and nerd tape on the glass frame to keep em in. Focus Fixers on the way.
I can really appreciated CS , but the ability to control gimbal/ yaw was the clincher, for me. Works as advertised!  Happy with my decision.
2017-12-25
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

DroneDriver Posted at 2017-12-25 08:44
Absolutely, FLAWLESS, right out of the box.
Better range than most have reported.
I can count on them when iOS stumbles.

i can count on them when android stumbles - that in itself has been a huge unexpected bonus
2018-1-1
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Focus fixers ROCK.
2018-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The goggles Re are awesome right out the box. Easy connectivity, awesome range.
2018-1-10
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used them 3 times to actually fly. They are simply amazing. Nothing but love for DJI. Using them with a P4P+

Jeff
2018-1-24
Use props
slyfox0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
Canada

Can I use the DJI Goggles with a cable going straight into the controller? I don't want to have a radio device on my head.
2018-1-24
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

slyfox0 Posted at 2018-1-24 07:41
Can I use the DJI Goggles with a cable going straight into the controller? I don't want to have a radio device on my head.

hey slyfox - i believe that is the way it connects for the spark - with the mavic - i do not know, i do not think so but dont know for sure.
Perhaps start a unique thread and someone with more knowlage will answer.

in order to survive on earth it helps to be a little crazy - embrace the radio waves
2018-1-24
Use props
slyfox0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
Canada

I was thinking about changing my Mavic Air order from the Fly More combo to the one with the goggles. Luckily I had a chance to try the DJI goggles in the store today.

It was cool but I am glad that I did not buy them. They are indeed bulky, the view requires time to adjust (expected), I had some eye strain (after a short period of time), the weight is a factor.

I decided to save the money for an iPhone upgrade this year instead. Unless DJI releases a smaller and improved version of the goggles.
2018-1-26
Use props
DroneDriver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

slyfox0 Posted at 2018-1-26 13:56
I was thinking about changing my Mavic Air order from the Fly More combo to the one with the goggles. Luckily I had a chance to try the DJI goggles in the store today.

It was cool but I am glad that I did not buy them. They are indeed bulky, the view requires time to adjust (expected), I had some eye strain (after a short period of time), the weight is a factor.

I absolutely LOVE my DJI goggles. I was actually beginning to be bored just flying and watching on a cellphone screen.
I can't imagine passing on goggles for an upgraded iphone. I had an iphone but had no goggles.
Now I have an iphone and goggles.
Yea, I know... just my opinion and how I think.
2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

slyfox0 Posted at 2018-1-26 13:56
I was thinking about changing my Mavic Air order from the Fly More combo to the one with the goggles. Luckily I had a chance to try the DJI goggles in the store today.

What your talking about are the Epson Moverio BT-300, I prefer these over the goggles any day. You can also use the Rochester Optical Solitaire Ace enclosure for the fully enclosed viewing

Ed Ricker has done a balanced review of them

2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules