Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: What Experience are YOU having after the recent updates?
16457 162 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mamalemond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646240 ft
United States

I need help!!  I cannot fly with only 1/2 inch of video showing.  I am grounded!!

I am on  AC = 01.04.0602
             Asst = 1.1.2-2
         Remote = 1.04.00.00
         Go 4 App= 4.1.5

I have re-linked and re-booted many times to no avail!
2017-8-7
Use props
Mamalemond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646240 ft
United States

Help!!  I cannot fly with only 1/2 inch of video showing - or green screen.  I am grounded!!
2017-8-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ChristineL Posted at 2017-8-7 13:05
seems to me to be a direct result of the update. refreshed the firmware on it 3 times and it finally took a charge.  I don't have much trust in it though.

Not trusting it is probably not a bad thing. It is so critical to the safe operation of your aircraft, that you need to be able to trust it.
2017-8-7
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i keep some firmware thing cant remember what it says, but it prompts me every time I fly. As a commercial user i really cannot have issues like this
2017-8-8
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

i meant to also add inconsistent firmware is the warning, and i also am experiencing bad flight acts like imu isn't calibrated even tho it is
2017-8-8
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-8-8 06:08
i meant to also add inconsistent firmware is the warning, and i also am experiencing bad flight acts like imu isn't calibrated even tho it is

Inconsistent firmware usually means that batteries software needs to be updated... see https://forum.dji.com/thread-82584-1-1.html
2017-8-8
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

that could definitely make some sense i have 4 batteries and one i just received last week. as to the goofy behavior it was the vps needed calibrated now it flies perfect doesn't raise or drop at all other than conditions I'm flying in. thank you for the help!
2017-8-8
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
United States

O right. So that being said i dont have any firmware issues!+1!
2017-8-8
Use props
RALPH PALOMARES
New
United States

I CANT FLY FURTHER THAN 110 FEET OR CANT UP[ TO FAR EITHER " WHATS THE FIX !
2017-8-8
Use props
J Zamora
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288189 ft
  • >>>
Spain

My only problem is Missing Map, continuously, every working day, and the only solution is reinstall DJI GO 4.
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RALPH PALOMARES Posted at 2017-8-8 12:55
I CANT FLY FURTHER THAN 110 FEET OR CANT UP[ TO FAR EITHER " WHATS THE FIX !

The 'fix' is most likely that with all connected, powered up, and a good wifi connection, you need to log into your DJI account in DJI Go 4. This will remove the 30m altitude and 50m radius limits, which is what it seems to be doing.
2017-8-8
Use props
fansc9476f58
lvl.1
United States

The last update took me three days to get my drone back into flight only problem left is no map. So after that experience I'm very reluctant to up grade to a new version until we have figured out the issues that DJI haven't found if it was me if it's not broke don't fix it until they fix the bugs
2017-8-8
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

UGH... I sure hope DJI comes up with some fixes soon.
2017-8-10
Use props
fester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77408 ft
United States

No obvious problems as of yet, and Precison Landing works very well.
2017-8-10
Use props
AlienTLB
New
Canada

since the update this is the error in dji go 4 app ( saying "Calibrating Vision Sensors with DJI Assistant with pc or mac is recommended".) I cant re calibrates with dji assistance 2 for some reason it keeps saying reboot aircraft
2017-8-10
Use props
ProShotFL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 924806 ft
United States

Hi all,

I have a ipad mini 3 and everything has been running fine until the latest DJI GO 4 update - it now pops up with the error "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and starts to lose video feed + the screen turns green!

The iPad is burning hot and the outside temperature is 90+.

I am using a sun-shade hood & the iPad is not in direct sunlight.

For the past year I did not have a sun-shade and I would fly in direct sunlight with my CPU overload problems - but ever since I updated the DJI go app, I now can't fly!

My video feed is coming in at the lowest 4mbps.

I have turned off "video caching".

I have factory reset the iPad & turned it off before each flight.

Some people have suggested that we should sit in our cars with the AC cranked but this is not a viable option all the time.

It is basically the heat sink on the CPU can't handle the power of decoding the P4P image feed but I don't understand why it was working before perfectly fine, and now it can't handle it?

Why would DJI screw us over like this? Don't you think they should test the new firmware before bricking our birds??
2017-8-10
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I have had no flight issues since doing the upgrade..   

But ever since then, I've been getting annoying wind warnings in DJI Go 4....   I get at least three or four on every flight... Even if there is no wind.   Any way to add that as an option in the poll?

2017-8-10
Use props
Oz Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79462 ft
Australia

From browsing a few different forums it seems like the different phantom models had varying percentages of people with issues immediately after the update -  adding aircraft type to the poll would be useful to give a clearer idea of which percentages of models were / were not impacted - P3, P4, P4A or P4P - just to further clarify which models are involved -
2017-8-10
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-8-10 22:14
From browsing a few different forums it seems like the different phantom models had varying percentages of people with issues immediately after the update -  adding aircraft type to the poll would be useful to give a clearer idea of which percentages of models were / were not impacted - P3, P4, P4A or P4P - just to further clarify which models are involved -

This poll is specifically in the P4 (standard) forum area. P3, P4P and P4A drones have their own areas.
2017-8-10
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-8-11 01:37
Hi Jock , thanks - yeah I know its posted in the P4 area but that doesnt stop people without a P4 accidentally or deliberately contributing - this thread for example has a few people whos profiles indicate they do not have a P4 - I also noticed in the P4 (standard) firmware thread on the P4 (standard) firmware update that now has over 1100 comments there were ocasionaly people saying they had no or minimal issues - some of these people do not have a stock P4- according to their profiles they have a P3 or P4P etc - you get it and I get it, the majority get it- the threads are specific to a model and/or issue - but some of these people without a P4 (standard) jumping onto a P4 (standard) thread and saying "my firmware update was fine" is accidentally or deliberately misleading - unless you look into profiles some people assume that as they posted in the P4 (standard) area and on the P4 (standard) firmware thread they are referring to their P4 (standard) -more than once on that thread a poster saying they had no issues or commenting did not have a P4 (standard) according to their profile.  not having a go at anyone just saying what I noticed and the reason why I suggested model check boxes -

We obviously don't know whether the numbers within this forum represent the actual real world scenario but, even so, the results of the poll clearly show that there is a very large group of owners who have had their drones temporarily destroyed by this latest update, whether it be bucking or other problems.  
Hopefully, DJI will come out with a fix for the various technical issues so that owners can once again get some enjoyment out of their very expensive drones.  Regrettably, though, the outrageous way in which DJI managed the problem will likely ensure that owners will never trust them again.
2017-8-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oz Phantom Posted at 2017-8-11 02:07
Yes I was effected my P4 was sent back to DJI and they rolled back the firmware free of charge its working now, I was only suggesting a model checkbox as the contributors to the pol are numerous model owners and I was interested in the percentage of P4 owners - but you are right the pols on here are no real world indicator and only reflect whos on here and who can be bothered to contribute - happy flying hope you arent having the issues I had

As I mention in the initial post, this thread is for P4, P4A, and P4P.  I move the thread every few days from one forum to the next in order to get the most feedback.

This (obviously) isn't a scientific poll, largely because it isn't a result of general polling... i.e. a disproportionate amount of the posters here are here BECAUSE they are having an issue.  People who are not seeing a problem are less likely to have their face in the forum.

THAT said, it is still very, very, very clear that too many of us are having issues.  Of note:
-- 40% of the 176 people that have taken the poll are having video transmission issues.
-- 38% are reporting unstable flight.
-- 25% are reporting gimbal issues.
2017-8-11
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006342 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-30 17:44
I've responded based on the P4 update. My experience with the P4P update is a good one. In my case, the video transmission issue I know is due to the latest branch of DJI GO now requiring more CPU to do the video decoding successfully - in an iPhone/iPad you need at least the A8 chip now. It may also account for the overheating issue, which I haven't experienced.

That's my main issue currently, I can handle the bucking and random elevation adjustments for now. Is there a recommended mobile device for best results that you know of?

I'm currently on the 3rd gen iPad mini.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

4. This morning I noticed that there was an update for my DJI App so I clicked to update it as I have done in the past. The update was successful however I noticed afterwards that my altitude and distance has been DRAMATICALLY reduced. I am an FAA licensed sUAS pilot and I HAVE to be able to fly long distances and up to 400ft but with the update I can only fly 20m high and 20m away. I need help to restore the DJI app so that I can fly as before. One note that I must mention is that I already tried to adjust the max height and the max distances on the app and despite me changing them to 120m for the height and 120m for the distance it still will not allow me to fly further than 20m up and 20m away.....PLEASE HELP!!!
2017-8-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:26
4. This morning I noticed that there was an update for my DJI App so I clicked to update it as I have done in the past. The update was successful however I noticed afterwards that my altitude and distance has been DRAMATICALLY reduced. I am an FAA licensed sUAS pilot and I HAVE to be able to fly long distances and up to 400ft but with the update I can only fly 20m high and 20m away. I need help to restore the DJI app so that I can fly as before. One note that I must mention is that I already tried to adjust the max height and the max distances on the app and despite me changing them to 120m for the height and 120m for the distance it still will not allow me to fly further than 20m up and 20m away.....PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Fishin,  you just need to log in to DJI (through the DJIGO4 app), and probably need to download the updated NFZ maps.  You are throttled in both speed and distance until you do this.
2017-8-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Moxie Aerials Posted at 2017-8-11 06:04
That's my main issue currently, I can handle the bucking and random elevation adjustments for now. Is there a recommended mobile device for best results that you know of?

Hi Moxie, pony up $23 for Litchi and your video transmission problems will be a thing of the past.  Works perfectly and is so similar in use to DJIGO4 that it is a quick learn.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:53
Hi Fishin,  you just need to log in to DJI (through the DJIGO4 app), and probably need to download the updated NFZ maps.  You are throttled in both speed and distance until you do this.

My drone is the Phantom 3 Advanced.
Are you suggesting that DJI now restricts flight distances and altitudes automatically based on location?

2017-8-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:07
My drone is the Phantom 3 Advanced.
Are you suggesting that DJI now restricts flight distances and altitudes automatically based on location?

Hi again, no, not suggesting that at all.  They are restricting flight distances and speed until you register the update with them.  The latest version of the software/firmware is pretty heavy hitting and many of us are unhappy about it, but after you update all of your software and firmware, you need to register the update with DJI.  Until you do this, you will only have slow speeds and limited range.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:34
Hi again, no, not suggesting that at all.  They are restricting flight distances and speed until you register the update with them.  The latest version of the software/firmware is pretty heavy hitting and many of us are unhappy about it, but after you update all of your software and firmware, you need to register the update with DJI.  Until you do this, you will only have slow speeds and limited range.

What do you mean by Register with DJI?
I have the latest firmware/software on both the drone and remote and I also uploaded and installed the latest DJI Go app onto my tablet.... it is when I installed the DJI go that I started having the problems with height and distance restrictions.
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 14:23
What do you mean by Register with DJI?
I have the latest firmware/software on both the drone and remote and I also uploaded and installed the latest DJI Go app onto my tablet.... it is when I installed the DJI go that I started having the problems with height and distance restrictions.

You need to log into your account on DJI Go 4 with all connected and powered up. This is a one off requirement to disable the 30m height & 50m radius restrictions. Thereafter you only need to run DJI Go 4, no internet or cell connection needed to fly.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 14:32
You need to log into your account on DJI Go 4 with all connected and powered up. This is a one off requirement to disable the 30m height & 50m radius restrictions. Thereafter you only need to run DJI Go 4, no internet or cell connection needed to fly.

What needs to be connected?
Are you saying I need to connect my ipad to the remote control and have the remote and my drone powered on or what exactly needs to be connected?

Right now I am logged into DJI.com on my ipad
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 15:52
Are you saying I need to connect my ipad to the remote control and have the remote and my drone powered on or what exactly needs to be connected?

Yes, as if ready to fly, with good wifi connection to display device.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 15:52

I need to also add that I have the Phantom 3 Advanced drone....
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 15:54
Yes, as if ready to fly, with good wifi connection to display device.

I have my drone on, I have my remote on and I have my iPad on....everything is connected. Now what?
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 16:06
I have my drone on, I have my remote on and I have my iPad on....everything is connected. Now what?

OK go to your DJI Go 4 account login by tapping on 'ME' at bottom of front page, then tap on the cog wheel at top right of page to get to  'Settings'. You should then see a login option. IF already logged in, then log out and back in again.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 16:12
OK go to your DJI Go 4 account login by tapping on 'ME' at bottom of front page, then tap on the cog wheel at top right of page to get to  'Settings'. You should then see a login option. IF already logged in, then log out and back in again.

and then what do I do after that?
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 16:27
and then what do I do after that?

That should be it, you should be able to fly higher than 30m and further than 50m.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 16:33
That should be it, you should be able to fly higher than 30m and further than 50m.

thank you....I will try flying and see if it works
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 16:34
thank you....I will try flying and see if it works

Did not work
2017-8-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Moxie Aerials Posted at 2017-8-11 06:04

There's a thread here somewhere with a link to numerous device tests, but I'd suggest a minimum of A8 for the apple options. I've just upgraded to an Air 2 with the A8X, but yet to test.
Also, Litchi doesn't seem to have the decoding issue so that may be a cheap way to prolong the  hardware decision...
2017-8-11
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-11 21:13
There's a thread here somewhere with a link to numerous device tests, but I'd suggest a minimum of A8 for the apple options. I've just upgraded to an Air 2 with the A8X, but yet to test.
Also, Litchi doesn't seem to have the decoding issue so that may be a cheap way to prolong the  hardware decision...

Litchi is saving my bacon... works perfectly on the iPad Mini 2.  No Video Transmission problems... suddenly it is a joy to fly again.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules