Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: What Experience are YOU having after the recent updates?
4474 137 2017-7-30 16:45:23
Wpgubaru
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 66906
Canada

Here is my story. After the firmware update it all went smoothly. I saw the new features available to me etc. I flew per normal but I did notice in the app radar my drone was flying almost up-side-down and i wasn't in sports mode. I would also get the wind warning when it wasn't windy at all. After a few flights I noticed the motor sounds were very twitchy. I didn't like this so I downgraded back to the previous firmware and all was resolved. I hope DJI can fix this asap, I know they can. Oh I also had video recordings stop after a short time hitting record to start.
2017-9-7 08:38:43
Use props
mFy8ZJAnyo8K
Beginner
United States

I am getting severe glitching of the video feed and signal loss at very short distances compared to the advertised range. I have paid work coming up and I am dealing with a dodgy drone right now.
2017-9-7 15:02:42
Use props
Mabou2
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 247270
United States

mFy8ZJAnyo8K Posted at 2017-9-7 15:02
I am getting severe glitching of the video feed and signal loss at very short distances compared to the advertised range. I have paid work coming up and I am dealing with a dodgy drone right now.

If you have a gig coming up, buy Litchi for $23 and you will get rid of your video transmission issues.  I bought Litchi because I had a gig, and I don't regret it at all.  Very similar to DJIGO except it actually works.
2017-9-7 15:53:02
Use props
RMJovo
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 123726
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-6 01:06
Well here's my story

P4P+ bought mid June, took 1½ week to get anywhere due to requrement of access to a WIFI connection.

Just a quick question, have you done a IMU Calibration yet?  The IMU system is to keep the drone stable when it hovering. Also have you done the controller calibration yet. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing the P4P calibrations if you are unsure how to perform a calibration.
2017-9-7 17:35:08
Use props
KEDDK
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 130040
Denmark

RMJovo Posted at 2017-9-7 17:35
Just a quick question, have you done a IMU Calibration yet?  The IMU system is to keep the drone stable when it hovering. Also have you done the controller calibration yet. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing the P4P calibrations if you are unsure how to perform a calibration.

Tried everything, only solution to make it behave again is the rollback with the unsupported tool.
2017-9-7 21:10:33
Use props
Mabou2
Intern Pilot
United States

Latest update after a run of new posts
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.56.18 PM.png
2017-9-8 08:53:20
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 539873
Switzerland

Since the loss of our first drone, we replaced it with another, after doing the update and stolen more than reason, we found that the application dji-go plant, in fact, the connection with the machine is often broken during the flight, sometimes we can recall the drone with the remote control and sometimes not, there is also the telemetry which is not always, it is not really very reliable as system
2017-9-14 05:25:52
Use props
Mabou2
Intern Pilot
United States

Ok then, with 302 people posting their results, here is an update of the chart...
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.55.04 AM.png
2017-9-14 05:52:53
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
Beginner
Flight distance : 146895
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-14 05:52
Ok then, with 302 people posting their results, here is an update of the chart...

Since some do NOT have issues after the upgrade, it would be interesting to get a consensus on production dates that are vulnerable to flight-twitch, etc .  i.e. using the SN decoder (http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/) to get batch dates.

Mine is Tuesday, March, 1st 2016
2017-9-14 08:29:09
Use props
Property Pilots
Beginner
New Zealand

Well, where to start...
Bouncing unstable flight ..yes and crashed as result!

Video now green and very grainy with noise . Unusable for commercial client work.

Lack of stable control.

P4p+ screen keeps crashing and it's less than ten feet from me.

Gimbal looks left at center.

About a 4 second delay recording video or taking images.

I have recalibrated the forward sensors about six times.

Firmware has been updated as many times and is abnormal and     corrupt...

Any clues people will be very much appreciated.
3 days ago
Use props
HomePoint
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 95617
United Kingdom

So I skimmed through this post as I don't really come here as I don't have issues, but seems like quite a few say Litchi is fixing their issues.  Does this not mean that the App or the pilots phone is the issue rather than firmware?  Agreed, you can ask DJI to fix with firmware, but if Litchi is ok, then surely its not firmware, or am I missing something?  If most people use unsupported devices (I do), then DJI may not be able to help you and another App may be your answer if it runs on your device ok.  I recall that Litchi is not free though.
3 days ago
Use props
Mabou2
Intern Pilot
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-16 16:12
So I skimmed through this post as I don't really come here as I don't have issues, but seems like quite a few say Litchi is fixing their issues.  Does this not mean that the App or the pilots phone is the issue rather than firmware?  Agreed, you can ask DJI to fix with firmware, but if Litchi is ok, then surely its not firmware, or am I missing something?  If most people use unsupported devices (I do), then DJI may not be able to help you and another App may be your answer if it runs on your device ok.  I recall that Litchi is not free though.

Hi homepoint,

The update issues are many, some are contained in DJIGO4 and some are in the firmware.
3 days ago
Use props
Super Gus
Beginner
United States

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-9-14 08:29
Since some do NOT have issues after the upgrade, it would be interesting to get a consensus on production dates that are vulnerable to flight-twitch, etc .  i.e. using the SN decoder (http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/) to get batch dates.

Mine is Tuesday, March, 1st 2016

Monday, February, 27th 2017 ~ I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the beta firmware update for the P4P
2 days ago
Use props
C.Degan
Beginner
United States

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-4 03:10
Did the upgrade as advised by DJI I now have serious flight twitching and basically an un flyable expensive lump of white  plastic due to twitching in flight. I'm still under warranty just wondering if I head to Maplinsto try my luck to get my money back.....purchased this expensive camera for a holiday trip and now unable to use while on holiday. It's in the boot of the car. Love DJI NOT. TIME TO START ASKING FOR REFUNDS

Im in the same boat. Cant stand that all was well prior to the updates installed. Now, I don't fly it beyond a few feet and consider the twitching and motor noises as hazardous. Very upset about this.
1 day ago
Use props
C.Degan
Beginner
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-6 01:06
Well here's my story

P4P+ bought mid June, took 1½ week to get anywhere due to requrement of access to a WIFI connection.

Same issues for the most part. Not sure what to do.
1 day ago
Use props
pbxcomm
Beginner
Flight distance : 5138
United States

I only updated the RC NOT the AC - Phantom 4 Pro Plus.. Seems all is ok after about two hours flight time.
1 day ago
Use props
Bazza.
Beginner
Flight distance : 5871
United Kingdom

I get wireless interference warnings all the time. Even when in open spaces with no phones on.....
1 day ago
Use props
djiuser_ULV1Vdr
New
United States

It appears to me that recent firmware upgrades have failed, however the ones that have not required a comprehensive post knowledge on the AC and RC to get them stabilized. I read a few posts that Gimbal settings, stick settings etc.. where adjusted. I, for one, looked at these settings and seemed like a place I wouldn't go unless I really knew what I was doing or had formal training. Perhaps that is the answer to getting past these firmware updates is formal training/cause and affect? There maybe simple fixes to these post update issues and we (the common people) are overlooking them.
I personally would like to know more information on success of updating. What firmware did they have prior to the update? What was the EXACT procedure followed and was it different than DJI's manual? Is there a step
we missed? Should the communication be USB 2 or 3? What O/S are they using? Did they all use Assistant 2? There must be a common denominator..
7 hours ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next