(Video) I Tested Spark Compass interference behaviour at home!! see
1688 4 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

After see so much problems on this forum related to bad compass warnings midflight, some leading to aircrafts flyaways, i decided to investigate at home what is the behaviour of spark when compass gets a very strong interference. To do this, i come close with spark to my TV (not flying), so the compass get close to a very strong magnetic field and..

See the results on video, the behaviour are very interesting and uncommon, and may explain a lot os problems and flyaways

00:47s of video - The aircraft are inside home - No GPS signal - ATTI mode of course.

00:58 of video - Excellent aircraft compass sensor state.

01:13 of video - i start to walk with spark on my room - very good sensor state - going closer do TV ( i already know its a strong magnetic place).

1:45 of video - I come close to TV - Compass goes to yellow bar (good) and SPARK GOES TO ATTI MODE ( listen the warning on video) - WTF!!! SPARK ALREADY ARE ON ATTI MODE SINCE THE BEGINING OF VIDEO - IT NEVER HAD GPS SIGNAL ON MY ROOM. So why the hell it goes to ATTI mode if already are on ATTI mode.

There are more than 1 type of ATTI mode?? what the hell going to ATTI mode means when aircraft already are on ATTI Mode?

Lets continue video...

01:58 - I go away from tv - Compass sensor state come back to green - excelent - but the drone dont say ATTI mode or whatever again - so.. it stays in the mode it goes when compass error occur and dont come back to the previous mode whatever it are!

And the results..

If drone goes do ATTI mode, when he already are on ATTI i assume that theres 2 ATTI modes or something like that, if there are 2 ATTI modes, the drone when came back to a healthy compass state, dont come back to the previous "normal" ATTI mode.

Somebody could explain what happened? Maybe theres no 2 ATTI modes, but if its true, why drone goes do ATTI mode when already are on ATTI mode, BUG on app warning?

And if the drone are on midfligt, goes from GPS to this "different" ATTI mode due to compass error AND DONT COME BACK TO GPS mode, like my drone dont come back to previous atti mode after i go away from tv?

If someone can explain this behaviour, please share the knowledge with us.

2017-7-30
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Brazil

Note 1 - The drone goes to "ATTI" mode when the compass state are Yellow ( means good!) and not just when are red ( poor).

This means that if the spark are flying and compass interference goes to a "good - yellow" and not "excellent - green" state, the drone will enter in ATTI mode. I think it just enters on ATTI mode when goes to a "Poor" compass state.
2017-7-30
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It was in Vision mode and switched to atti.
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea jeff noticed that why would vision stop working? Unless it's just a glitch with the app and it still has vision
2017-7-30
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Brazil

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-7-30 18:32
It was in Vision mode and switched to atti.

But why it wont return to vision after get away from interference? It appear to stays on full ATTI mode (give no warnings), and not vision mode.

and the other problem? it goes to ATTI when Compass state are still "Good".
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules