P4 controller to my S7 phone forces me to launch the old app
724 4 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecco
New
United States

When I connect my Phantom 4 controller to my S7 phone and launch the DJI GO 4 app it prompts me to launch the original "DJI GO" and I am unable to do anything else ecxcept press the button that launched the original app. When the original app launches there is no option for phantom 4.

I am sure I have a phantom 4 and I am sure it is a phantom 4 controller.
I have not used my drone since last year and installed the new app just last week but have had no luck!

Please help me guys I am supposed to go to Mexico tomorrow and I am unable to even connect!

2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ecco, please make sure your RC has linked to your aircraft successfully before connecting to APP.
If the problem persists, please update the firmware to the latest version.
2017-7-30
Use props
ecco
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-30 20:10
ecco, please make sure your RC has linked to your aircraft successfully before connecting to APP.

I am unable to "link" the controller or update the controller firmware because it throws up a splash screen saying  "You are using an Inspire1" and forces me to switch to old app. I am unable to access any setting or functions of the "DJIGO4" app when the controller is plugged in.

When I plug the controller into my phone the "DJI GO 4" app changes to a screen telling me that a Inspire 1 controller is connected and forces me to launch the original program.

If I launch the "DJI GO 4" app and then go into "Phantom 4" and then plug in the screen still pops up preventing me from using anything in the "DJI GO 4" app and forces me to use old app. There is no way for me to link the controller since I am unable to access the settings when the controller is connected to a phone.

is there anyway to update the controller or pair it without phone? because the app works fine untill i connect to the controller then the splash screen happens and I am unable to do ANYTHING AT ALL beside press the button to download old app.
2017-7-30
Use props
ecco
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-30 20:10

... How do I link the RC to the Aircraft without connecting the app?
If I plug the phone into my controller it launches the app and I have to use the app to link to my phantom 4 ... is there another way besides the app to link and update firmware???
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ecco Posted at 2017-7-30 21:41
... How do I link the RC to the Aircraft without connecting the app?
If I plug the phone into my controller it launches the app and I have to use the app to link to my phantom 4 ... is there another way besides the app to link and update firmware???

Please refer to the video below to link the RC to aircraft firstly, begin at 1:15
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules