[Sticky] How to recover video file when power off before stopping recording...
67519 62 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hnscmdn
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-11-28
Use props
Hnscmdn
New

United States

How to recover lost data from android phone ? once you found the data was lost or deleted on the phone , you must try not to use any phone app , to prevent these lost data has been covered on the phone ,you can noly scan the phone device or memoty with a recovery tools , which can easy access to the phone for scanning , you as long as these data was not covered on the phone , it is possible to recover them ,
2016-11-28
Use props
Lily123
New

United States

There are many reasons that can make MP4 video corrupted, but the applications that can repair MP4 are rare.
Stellar Phoenix MP4 Video Repair can help you fix corrupt/damaged MP4 files.
When to use Stellar Phoenix Video Repair Application:
•        When audio and video are out of sync
•        When you are able to hear sound but the video is not visible
•        When you face movement/header/duration corruption of your MP4 video
•        When video corrupted due to compression issues
•        When your video is corrupt partially or completely

Good luck!
2017-1-17
Use props
Marco Bux
lvl.2

Italy

finlayson Posted at 2014-9-18 12:12
FYI - I have written (open source) software that can repair many of these files:
http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Hi, Finlayson. Thank you very much for your software. You saved me and my last video and you permitted me to edit and post it on youtube. Great!

I would like to add a little contribution about the recovery process, based on my recent experience.

To edit these kind of videos, I always use AviDemux, with which I only make cuts of segments without any other effects. Every cut is strictly made across the key frames, so that I can save the resultant video as a copy, without any recoding. While editing the repaired video I noticed that, once uploaded to youtube, the image transitions were "disturbed". For example, when a video segment called "A" is attached to a video segment called "B", the transition is like:

...AAABABBB...
instead of:
...AAAABBBB....

This is probably due to a imprecise indexing of the key frames within the repaired file (I suppose). In any case I fixed this issue by recoding the video before the edit process, forcing a keyframe every second (keyint=25). In this way I was able to cut my video with a quite good precision, respecting the (new) keyframes. This is the complete h264 setting that I used for recoding, configured to minimize the quality loss:

• cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.25 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=6,6 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-4 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=25 / keyint_min=13 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=25 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.80 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.10 / aq=1:0.50

After that I was able to cut, edit and upload the resultant video, and youtube has not detected flaws anymore.

Hope this can help.
Thanks again.

2017-2-6
Use props
RobOnSamui
lvl.1

Thailand

FYI - I have written (open source) software that can repair many of these files:

Thanks so much or this! (some years after you posted it!).

I just pecr a week trying every piece of repair software there is. Then I came across this post and it worked right away.

Brilliant!
2017-2-12
Use props
GoldenAce57
New

United States

I just used your code to repair my damaged file. Thank you very much!!!!
2017-2-24
Use props
Mrtzr
lvl.1

Turkey

finlayson Posted at 2014-9-19 06:36
Just to clarify - For the software that I wrote (referenced above), I also have pre-built application binaries for both Windows and Mac OS X, so if you're on one of those systems, you don't need to compile anything; just download and run a program (in a command window).  My program - "djifix" - is actually a lot easier to use than "recover_mp4_to_h264" (although they probably do similar things).

Once again, for those who may be interested: http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Too funny, I just sent you an email in regards to how awesome your program is in comparison to the other options available.
I validate this software long before any other "expensive" tool found in the first 10 pages of google search results.
2017-3-20
Use props
NinaJ
New

United States

Thank you so much for writing this piece of software and sharing it! I had a piece of video that was greatly anticipated by some graduating seniors and I thought it was lost forever. Your software, and instructions, worked like a charm. Can't thank you enough for making this available!
2017-4-28
Use props
calauza
New
Flight distance : 102867 ft
Italy

Just to clarify - For the software that I wrote (referenced above), I also have pre-built application binaries for both Windows and Mac OS X, so if you're on one of those systems, you don't need to compile anything; just download and run a program (in a command window).  My program - "djifix" - is actually a lot easier to use than "recover_mp4_to_h264" (although they probably do similar things).

Once again, for those who may be interested: http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Thanks, Ross. djifix still works fine for the phantom 3 corrupt videos, even if the thread is old. But you still need something to convert the h264 to mp4 afterwards, so thanks tony. mp4muxer was the answer for that.
2017-8-21
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is AMAZING! I can't believe how many times I've just thrown away files because I thought they were unsalvageable. Can't wait to use this. THANKS
2017-10-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Hi Ross,
I hope you are still around. I have a file that I really would like to repair but this doesn't seem to work under Windows 10 64 bit, or I might be doing something wrong. Can you help me? Thank you!
2017-10-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-17 11:39
Hi Ross,
I hope you are still around. I have a file that I really would like to repair but this doesn't seem to work under Windows 10 64 bit, or I might be doing something wrong. Can you help me? Thank you!

Edit: I have figured out how to do it. Thank you again for the good advice!
2017-10-20
Use props
AntBatt13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138337 ft
United States

Had a video from my P3S I couldn't play, google brought me here and your program worked like a charm! Thanks Ross!!!
2017-11-1
Use props
Dogwood
New
United States

AntBatt13 Posted at 2017-11-1 11:30
Had a video from my P3S I couldn't play, google brought me here and your program worked like a charm! Thanks Ross!!!

For MAC users how are you opening the djifix.dms file to get to djifix?
2018-3-12
Use props
alleyn
New

China

I use Erelive Data Recovery to Recover Deleted Videos in SD, you can get notice from https://www.erelive.com/recover-deleted-videos-from-canon/ . Good luck.
2018-3-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

alleyn Posted at 2018-3-25 19:39
I use Erelive Data Recovery to Recover Deleted Videos in SD, you can get notice from https://www.erelive.com/recover-deleted-videos-from-canon/ . Good luck.

It might do, but it will not recover a DJI video file that was not finalised. The issue is not 'deleted' file recovery, it is one of correctly terminating the file.
2018-3-25
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft
Greece

@Wachtberger
At 2017-10-20 you said you did figured out how to run the 32bit program on 64bit win10. Would be a help if you tell us how.
2018-5-18
Use props
4WDaus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

Dogwood Posted at 2018-3-12 14:22
For MAC users how are you opening the djifix.dms file to get to djifix?

Just rename the file to remove the .dms This is something safari adds for some reason
2018-7-9
Use props
Rudster
lvl.1
Canada

Drowned my P4A in Saltwater! Hit lightpost while tracking boat and BANG KERPLUNK! Battery poped out before diving in. Video did not finalize. Im 63 and not a computer wizard. Whats the simplest way to fix file in order to view. It was a beautuful shoot, as whale watching boat entered harbour! Thanks in advance! Rudy in NB
2018-8-29
Use props
AliceSmith
lvl.2

Singapore

Thanks for valuable infomation,and there is easier way to recover lost video.Using data recovery program is a efficient and reliable way,since the program has powerful method to scan your device and can list them on program windows,you can preview and choose the target files to recover.
2019-4-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AliceSmith Posted at 4-8 19:38
Thanks for valuable infomation,and there is easier way to recover lost video.Using data recovery program is a efficient and reliable way,since the program has powerful method to scan your device and can list them on program windows,you can preview and choose the target files to recover.

No, it will not work becuase it is not a deleted file, it is an MPEG file that has not been finalised. The best solution is given in Post #3.
2019-4-8
Use props
djiuser_scTRW7CUuyjG
New

Australia

I hate to be that cynical guy, but has anyone verified this? I’ve been burnt too many times before
2019-11-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_scTRW7CUuyjG Posted at 11-7 10:07
I hate to be that cynical guy, but has anyone verified this? I’ve been burnt too many times before

Yes, it works just fine.
2019-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules