Video Editing
1418 15 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SWAMPETE
New
Flight distance : 192526 ft
United States

What programs/apps do folks use to edit their videos. I know the DJI go 4 app has an edit feature and I have used Microsoft Movie Maker program to edit videos. I want to be able to edit my videos and post on You Tube with a link to my business website. The videos have a large amount of data for even short flights which makes clean editing important. I am interested in both free and purchased apps/software.
2017-7-31
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Davinci Resolve, very capable and Also has a free version: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ae/products/davinciresolve/
2017-7-31
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Resove the same program that is free sold for $995 just months ago.

It puts Premier and final cut to shame I've edited on both till I found Resolve.
2017-8-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Anyone able to give any insight into Final Cut Pro X ?  Apparently only available for Apple Mac O/S, but if it's any good I may consider moving from Windoze to Mac for my next desktop PC later this year.
Up to press, I've only used Windows and Linux (Ubuntu)  O/S.  ( And Android for the Samsung tablet)
2017-8-1
Use props
ilav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153179 ft
Canada

Davinci Resolve14  from Blackmagic desing.Editing, colour grade, and audio mix all in the same program, and its free.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans092ffac7
New
Flight distance : 230236 ft
United States

I have been using Filmora on my PC and FilmoraGo on the android tablet. Of course, iMovie on the Mac. I'm currently looking for a good program for the Tablet to put my timelapse pics into a movie without the integrated zoom/pan that many programs do.
2017-8-1
Use props
cgh1
lvl.1

United States

Used to use Avid products (like Media Composer and more consumer pointed products from companies they swallowed up) but finally got tired of their price, update policies, and cumbersome interface.
Just moving to DaVinci Resolve like others have mentioned and so far it's great.  It's pro-level editing for free unless you need to share the workload or want some extra features that a one-man-show likely won't need.  Then it's better to purchase their $299 version that accommodates that larger scale need.  There are also lots of great tutorials out there for Resolve.

Folks I know that use other platforms (Avid, FCP, etc.) and have used Resolve rarely have bad things to say about it like other competitors.  For free; all you've got to lose is time to install and learn.

Cheers,
C
2017-8-1
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

I used Premiere Pro CS6, but some issues when editing Phantom 4 Pro 4k. I used a 4k video converter to transcode the files.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

I like adobe Premier Pro, but thats just personal preference. I use Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects pretty often so the creative cloud package they offer is perfect for what i'm looking for. It's also pretty reasonable priced, so all good
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-1 07:04
Anyone able to give any insight into Final Cut Pro X ?  Apparently only available for Apple Mac O/S, but if it's any good I may consider moving from Windoze to Mac for my next desktop PC later this year.
Up to press, I've only used Windows and Linux (Ubuntu)  O/S.  ( And Android for the Samsung tablet)

If you like Movie Maker, you will love Final Cut Pro. Not too expensive. I have been able to use it without much of a learning curve.
2017-9-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-23 06:11
If you like Movie Maker, you will love Final Cut Pro. Not too expensive. I have been able to use it without much of a learning curve.

Thanks everyone for your observations. It seems that each has his own preference.  I shall have to pick one and persevere with it
2017-9-23
Use props
Amynguyen102
lvl.2

Vietnam

I like Adobe Premier Pro too. Sometimes I use After Effect to get some special effects

See our sample: http://video.beatcolor.com
2018-12-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Amynguyen102 Posted at 12-17 02:04
I like Adobe Premier Pro too. Sometimes I use After Effect to get some special effects

See our sample: http://video.beatcolor.com

Its an old thread ... 2017

Nigel
2018-12-17
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-9-23 06:38
Thanks everyone for your observations. It seems that each has his own preference.  I shall have to pick one and persevere with it

Final Cut Pro all the way for me!

2018-12-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
France

KEJ Posted at 12-17 06:45
Final Cut Pro all the way for me!

https://youtu.be/WiKzfLo1Ljw

Surf's Up! I see   That's quite effective. Thanks for the share.
It's over a year since I entered this discussion, and in the meantime I've opted for Davinci Resolve from Black Magic.  And stuck with Microsoft, despite being tempted over to Apple Mac at one point
2018-12-17
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-17 08:26
Surf's Up! I see   That's quite effective. Thanks for the share.
It's over a year since I entered this discussion, and in the meantime I've opted for Davinci Resolve from Black Magic.  And stuck with Microsoft, despite being tempted over to Apple Mac at one point

Fair enough and to be honest if it does what you want, then you are sorted!

2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules