Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles + Spark | Critical issues
1114 4 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian O.
lvl.4
Canada

I just got my DJI Goggles last week and did few flights with the Spark over the week-end.

On the positive side, the image is clear and smooth. A lot smoother than if you are using a cheap/low power Android phone that may have a hard time decoding the video feed. Also, the fact that you're isolated from ambient light is really nice.

On the less positive side, there is a lot less information about the battery than with the DJI Go 4 application. You're only limited to remaining battery percentage. Forget the nice bar with estimated remaining time and suggested return-to-home point. You're really back to the basics.

Now, on the critically bad things.

• Once you reach the low-battery level (the one previously set with DJI Go 4), you get a pop-up window advising you that return-to-home will be initiated in 10 seconds. You can either "confirm" or "cancel" using two buttons that you select with the touch pad. The problem is that the "cancel" button does nothing, whatever the number of times you select it. You therefore end-up with a forced return-to-home. This flaw cost me a minor crash as the Spark started to ascent to its RTH altitude but was underneath a large tree at this moment. Fortunately no damages.
  • For some reason, once connected to the goggles, the Spark remote buttons controlling the video and picture taking just stop working. Their only use at this point seems to change the resolution at which the video feed is sent - to match the resolution mode used by the camera. It was not able to ever take a picture or start filming with either the remote control or the goggles UI. This could be a firmware issue but as of now, this single issue makes the goggles totally useless.

I'll give them some other tries in the following days but it really looks like they're back to DJI as they are absolutely not ready for Spark. Not at all.
Anyone had better success with their Spark and DJI Goggles?

For the record, all my equipment was using the latest firmware.
2017-7-31
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If you are an Apple guy, try connect your Goggles via HDMI to iDevice. You will get iDevice screen image on your Goggles.
2017-7-31
Use props
wobbles
Captain
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i use the hdmi to connect i prefer it tbh (on spark only ) use the full connection on P4p+ the good thing about hdmi id i have the apple hdmi to lightning and using ios 11.00 beta so can record screen in FULL HDMI ..with all the telemetry on it BOOM...love it
2017-7-31
Use props
Christian O.
lvl.4
Canada

I understand that DJI Goggles do not "officially" suport Spark as of now and that DJI mentions "Spark compatibility coming soon".
It just can't be soon enough!
2017-7-31
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44472 ft
United States

Christian O. Posted at 2017-7-31 11:03
I understand that DJI Goggles do not "officially" suport Spark as of now and that DJI mentions "Spark compatibility coming soon".
It just can't be soon enough!

I can not get the Head Tracking feature to work with SPARK.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules