how to know if the GPS module is working?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, I bought the external GPS module and installed on my I2 controller.

However there are no notification say the module is work or not, and no info shows it is running.

Some user from another forum mentioned:
[size=14.6667px]"Once you have the GPS module installed, swipe Right to LEFT just above the photo/video icon selector towards the top right of the Go 4 App screen. You will then see your choices, here is a screen shot."

[size=14.6667px]However I can't call up that menu from my DJI Go4 4.13 app. I'm running it on nvidia Shield tablet.

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]DJI could you explain a bit more?
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]
[size=14.6667px]Thank you.

2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

There is no special notification when you mount the external GPS Module.
However, with Dynamic Home Point enabled, there will be an icon on the bottom right corner. It will rotate when the Home Point is updated every five seconds or when the Inspire 2 moves more than 20 meters.
2017-8-1
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy, but how to activate the Dynamic Home Point function? And also I can't see any icon in the lower right corner of the screen.....
Some user posted this screen when "swipe Right to LEFT just above the photo/video icon selector towards the top right of the Go 4 App screen" with GPS module installed

However I can't perform the same in my Go4 apps

2017-8-1
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, can you explain a bit more about how can I check my GPS module is running??

2017-8-2
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi DJI, can you explain a bit more about how can I check my GPS module is running and how to start the dynamic home return function, and also how to launch the app screen as above?? because I can't launch mine here
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoePGM Posted at 2017-8-3 00:39
Hi DJI, can you explain a bit more about how can I check my GPS module is running and how to start the dynamic home return function, and also how to launch the app screen as above?? because I can't launch mine here

Sorry, Joe, the picture you uploaded is empty, could you post again?
2017-8-3
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, this is a screen  capture from some otuer I2 user with GPS module installed. From what they said this screen could call out by sliding from right to left slightly above the photo/video mode area. I can't perform the same in my Go4 app and so wonder if my GPS module is functioning or not

2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoePGM Posted at 2017-8-3 02:33
Hi Mindy, this is a screen  capture from some otuer I2 user with GPS module installed. From what they said this screen could call out by sliding from right to left slightly above the photo/video mode area. I can't perform the same in my Go4 app and so wonder if my GPS module is functioning or not

[view_image]

That's right. Slide from right to left above Photo/Video mode the screen will appear, if GPS module fail to mount, it will show GPS Module is disconnected. dynamic home point.png
What is the version of your DJI Go 4? What mobile device do you use? Have you changed another mobile device to have a try?
2017-8-3
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mindy, my Go4 apps in version 4.1.3 (latest on play store in my area - UK), nividia shield K1 tablet,
2017-8-3
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy and DJI, my DJI Go4 apps has been udpated to latest 4.1.5 now but still didn't have that HomePoint selection page shows

Can you check again with your engineer??

2017-8-14
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

HI DJI, can you have a look? Or otherwise my GPS module defect???
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoePGM Posted at 2017-8-14 22:33
HI DJI, can you have a look? Or otherwise my GPS module defect???

I'm sorry to tell you that Android device doesn't support Dynamic Home Point function at the moment, we will try to update as soon as possible.
2017-8-15
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
United Kingdom

good to know that, thank you Mindy!

Look forward to your update
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JoePGM Posted at 2017-8-15 01:03
good to know that, thank you Mindy!

Look forward to your update

Thanks for your understanding and kindness.
2017-8-15
Use props
PatrickM6348
New

United States

Hello,

Has there been an update on this?   I would like to access the screen with the "Adjust Screen Brightness" as shown in the photo above.  I am using an iOS device...iPhone X with a Mavic Air.   I have not been able to reach that screen.  
2018-3-7
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Is the external GPS module needed with a standard inspire 2 controller? How about if flying with Crystalsky, does the GPS in the CS  do the job? Would it also be required for a Cendence rc? Asking because I’m getting ready to purchase my first Inspire. With the Phantoms as you know the GPS is in the display device and not required at all but good for changing the home point or follow me mode.  apparently doesn’t work that way with the Inspires? Thanks all
2018-3-8
Use props
djiuser_XvHxJvfqUMmS
New

United States

I can not get my Inspire 1 to get a GPS signal. Moved it all over, no signal at all. This was brand new (refurb) right out the box and is my second inspire 1.
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules