Osmo+ - can't select 4k or Slow-Motion video modes
2015 5 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solaire
New

Ireland

I just picked up an Osmo+ and have been playing around with it.

One of the big selling factors for me was the inclusion of 4K and 1920@120 shooting.

Under the video tab I can see "4k" and "Slow-Motion" as options, but selecting them doesn't do anything - all other video modes can be selected however.

"1920x1080 SLO" mode does work, but crops the image, and I can't tell if the framerate is 120 (forums I had read beforehand said "Slow Motion" was the 1920x1080@120fps mode)

I'm curious why I can see these video modes yet not select them?

-latest ver of app installed
-Osmo+ firmware updated

2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Solaire, the frame rate of Slow Motion is 100fps. 1920x1080 SLO means Slow Motion.
May I have more details that you cannot select 4K? The option is grey? Could you please show us the screenshot? The picture below is the option in NSTC standard:
4k.png
slow motion.png
2017-7-31
Use props
Solaire
New

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-31 22:42
Solaire, the frame rate of Slow Motion is 100fps. 1920x1080 SLO means Slow Motion.
May I have more details that you cannot select 4K? The option is grey? Could you please show us the screenshot? The picture below is the option in NSTC standard:

Hi Mindy,

Thanks a million for the response. I'm at work but will screengrab soon as I'm home.

100fps suits perfectly actually, once I can get the "slow-motion" mode to select, as I'm working with PAL 25fps outputs.

Note: in the settings I did switch from NTSC to PAL - I'll see if the problem persists after switching back to NTSC (once I can shoot on an fps divisible by 25 I presume this won't affect me)

None of the options are greyed out, and all are selectable (blue tick beside) except for "4k" and "Slow-Motion", tapping them simply does nothing and the currently selected mode remains selected.
As I said I have a "1920x1080 SLO" mode which is selectable but crops the sensor to full optical zoom, which is not ideal.

***note: I recall that in the other video option (via the filmreel icon), the only options available are "auto" and "slow" - but I've seen screengrabs from other users with apx 5 modes under this icon. Again I'll provide a screencap when possible. The default "auto" keeps the selected video mode active (eg 1920x1080 25), and "slow" switches to the aforementioned "1920x1080 SLO" mode. I'm not sure if this is indicative of anything or is standard, but they are the only options for me.

Thanks again for the response.
2017-8-3
Use props
Solaire
New

Ireland

Solaire Posted at 2017-8-3 12:18
Hi Mindy,

Thanks a million for the response. I'm at work but will screengrab soon as I'm home.

Err...

Samsung S4, mode headings appear in same font style as modes themselves, even respond to tactile stimuli with a temporary blue highlight.......  "4k" and the other headings looked the same as the video modes...
God damn... that's embarrassing... Genuine apologies, I officially have no complaints apart from cropped 100fps ;-)
2017-8-3
Use props
Tune345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

Solaire Posted at 2017-8-3 18:05
Err...

Samsung S4, mode headings appear in same font style as modes themselves, even respond to tactile stimuli with a temporary blue highlight.......  "4k" and the other headings looked the same as the video modes...

wait i have s5 . can you explain that more ? i have same problem can't select 4k and other few options. switched from pal to ntsc. In iphone 7 4k is greyed out .is is disabled now in the firmware for future updates ?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tune345 Posted at 2017-8-13 12:03
wait i have s5 . can you explain that more ? i have same problem can't select 4k and other few options. switched from pal to ntsc. In iphone 7 4k is greyed out .is is disabled now in the firmware for future updates ?

I have responded your own thread, please keep me updated there. Thanks.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules