Newbie / CE-NL / RC / Ipad 4 Mini / OTG
1398 8 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roberteb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131417 ft
Netherlands

Some feedback after a view days with Spark...

I received my Spark 2nd week of June (Fly Less) and took on holiday. No RC, only gesture and phone. A bit of gesture on the beach... using phone on a drifting boat (Stress).
After holiday, back to work (abroad) and no flying...In meantime was absorbing all informtion forum(s)/YT and ordered a FLY MORE (only for RC :-)  )... Now owner of two Sparks.

First took time to upgrade firmware, noticed my Spark still had V01.00.0006(!). DJI Assistant 2: Direct to .0500 didn't work, so start from .0300 -> .0400 ->.0500  No problem.
Compass -> No Problem  IMU -> Hanging on step 2  ?!?  Kloo Gee Thx!
RC firmware -> No Problem. Ipad 4 Mini  V 4.1.5 -> No problem   

Setup: Spark/RC/Ipad 4 Mini/ OTG Cable

Flightrecord now: Growth of Value(?)  40.054  / Time 3H26Min / Distance 15.264 / Flights 37

The first hours I spent on open field and played with different settings (Love Sport Mode). The switch to 2.4GHz (longer range) was very simple and took only 10 seconds.
Started slowly to reach max. height 120 meters and became more comfy with Spark.

According specs for CE: 2.4 GHz - 500 meter / 5.8 GHz - 300 meter. After reading all the issues with distance was bit worried! This morning, light wind (Bft 2) and distance test and Automatic RTH!

Screenshot (not max distance)   920 meter !

Distance_Spark_CE.png (0 Bytes, Down times: 0)
Download attach
1 day ago Upload

Screenshot for flightrecord 1025 meter !   and Automatic RTH !

Distance_Spark_CE_2.png (0 Bytes, Down times: 0)
Download attach
1 day ago Upload

I'm very happy!  But advise is 'slowly' get your experiance and push the boundry!

One question: How can I see the map in DJI Go 4 (was reading bug in new version?) Had first, cache Map, but option not visible anymore!

/Robert
2017-7-31
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

did i understand correctly you are in europe so you are under the CE law? how did you fly more than the 500m that are possible?im a little confused, i thought 500m was the maximum in europe
2017-8-1
Use props
oblivionrpg
lvl.1
United States

So there is hope!
Did you order the spark from european store?
2017-8-1
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Nikp Posted at 2017-8-1 03:10
did i understand correctly you are in europe so you are under the CE law? how did you fly more than the 500m that are possible?im a little confused, i thought 500m was the maximum in europe

Spark not have distance limited! Limiting factor is signal strength.. Look at my flight record from yesterday, I flight over 1.5Km ... I live in Czech republic (EU)...

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... 3b1bc5c26897e3cda8a
2017-8-1
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Correct, just bought Spark direct from DJI and delivered in NL. Assume the transmission output is based on location of your RC.

I didn't perform any hacks, but had clear line of sight and point antennas well as possible.

I switched to 2.4 GHz. When I power all up, select 2.4 GHz in DJI Go 4 , select channel and takes approx 10-20 sec to switch. And take off..
2017-8-1
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

roberteb Posted at 2017-8-1 08:32
Correct, just bought Spark direct from DJI and delivered in NL. Assume the transmission output is based on location of your RC.

I didn't perform any hacks, but had clear line of sight and point antennas well as possible.

so 2.5 ghz gets you more maximum distance then?
is the connection more or less stable than with 5 ghz?
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to hear that your drone perform well. For the map. please try to enable Cache Map in the Background in General Settings.
2017-8-2
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thx Susan, but under map have only option to calibrate for China Mainland.

When just installed can recall had 3 options, also cache

Have version .15 Ios
2017-8-5
Use props
roberteb
lvl.2
Netherlands

In addition:

If I delete App from my Ipad and install again,can see the 3 options (incl cache). After restarting App, only China option remained
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules