Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Phantom 3 Professional MAX altitude and distance problem
19111 26 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaxon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18835 ft

United States

Hello,
For the past few weeks I have been having this strang problem.
Whenever I fly my drone, I get to 90ft high and then the drone gives me an error saying max flight altitude reached. Because of this problem, I just decided to move on and take some videos that I wanted to do. I get about 90ft out from the home point and it says max flight distance reached.
I have my max altitude set to 500m
I do not have the limitor enabled for distance
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jaxon
2017-7-31
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

What firmware version are you running?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please disable the Beginner Mode and login your DJI Account to check.
2017-7-31
Use props
Jaxon
lvl.1

United States

Phantom One Posted at 2017-7-31 16:56
What firmware version are you running?

I am running the latest firmware on both the controller and the drone. It is not letting me view what specific version but it states that the "Overall Status" is "Latest Firmware!"
2017-7-31
Use props
Jaxon
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-31 19:14
Please disable the Beginner Mode and login your DJI Account to check.

In my MC Settings, Beginner Mode is toggled off, Maximum Altitude is set to 500 meters and Distance Limit is switched to off.
I am logged into my DJI Account in the DJI Go App.
Running Android also if that helps.
2017-7-31
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

mmmmm it was a matter that upgrade to latest FW caused factory defaults to be reset .... beginners mode / limits etc.

Reading your posts indicates that you have input your user settings to over-ride the factory defaults ... except for one :

Enable "Multiple Flight Modes" .....

If you toggle S1 switch while powered up - do you then  have display change from P-GPS to ATTI as you click each position ? If not - then that Multiple Mode is not enabled.

It may help ....

Nigel
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jaxon Posted at 2017-7-31 20:49
In my MC Settings, Beginner Mode is toggled off, Maximum Altitude is set to 500 meters and Distance Limit is switched to off.
I am logged into my DJI Account in the DJI Go App.
Running Android also if that helps.

May I have a screenshot of ABOUT interface? Also, please PM me your DJI Account and upload the flight record, we will look into it. Thank you in advance.
2017-8-1
Use props
Jaxon
lvl.1

United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-8-1 00:58
mmmmm it was a matter that upgrade to latest FW caused factory defaults to be reset .... beginners mode / limits etc.

Reading your posts indicates that you have input your user settings to over-ride the factory defaults ... except for one :

I am able to switch modes.
To my knowledge, modes shouldn't affect altitude.
2017-8-1
Use props
Jaxon
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 05:16
May I have a screenshot of ABOUT interface? Also, please PM me your DJI Account and upload the flight record, we will look into it. Thank you in advance.

I am not sure how to upload flight data, I can access and see the data and I uploaded them to the cloud but not sure how to upload so the public can see.

I will PM you my account name and I will post a screenshot of the "about" screen in this thread.
2017-8-1
Use props
Jaxon
lvl.1

United States

Here is the image for my "About" Screen.

http://imgur.com/gAPZKGm   -   link if image is not showing.
2017-8-1
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

Jaxon Posted at 2017-8-1 12:05
Here is the image for my "About" Screen.

[view_image]

Here is a link that explains how to get the log files (DAT) onto your computer;

https://support.dronesmadeeasy.c ... tom-3-and-Inspire-1

Then you can just send DJI whatever flight you want.
2017-8-1
Use props
Hippie Trips
New
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

Im having the same problem right after the new update. Right after it I started getting the ESC problem warning, reset IMU and controller, and everything looks good, except that the aircraft won't go past 30m, maximum flight
2017-8-10
Use props
Hippie Trips
New
Puerto Rico

Hippie Trips Posted at 2017-8-10 21:20
Im having the same problem right after the new update. Right after it I started getting the ESC problem warning, reset IMU and controller, and everything looks good, except that the aircraft won't go past 30m, maximum flight

it is set at 120m and all the settings are as usual, still it will pop the MA warning at 30meters, starting to think I might have bad motors
2017-8-10
Use props
RyanGolden
New

Canada

I have this same problem.  All settings seem to be as they should be, but I only get 30 m height or distance.  ??
We did do some firmware updates lately though, but this drone is new to me, so I've never flown it while it's been working properly.  But the previous owner did not have this problem.
2017-8-11
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

Yesterday I was able to fly my drone perfectly. I could fly up to 120m high and up to 500m away from the takeoff point. This morning I noticed that my DJI app on my tablet had an update notice so I clicked on the DJI icon to start the update.
After the update was complete I left to go photograph some properties. When I launched my drone and started to fly it and take aerial photographs I suddenly got a warning stating I have reached my maximum altitude and my maximum distance. The drone was only 20m in the air and only 20m away from where I launched my drone.
I tried adjusted the settings and I also tried adjusting the multiple flight mode but was still unable to fly past 20m. I also restarted my tablet, restarted my drone and I even deleted and reinstalled the DJI app and the problem is still there.
I need DJI to provide me with the previous version of the app so i can work. I am FAA licensed and I provide aerial photography for a living so if DJI does not fix this then my business shuts down and I will not have any source of income.
Before you ask, the answer is yes.....I have updated all my firmware on the drone and the remote. Everything is current/updated.

This issue started when I updated the DJI app on my tablet so please start there and fix that so we all can fly
2017-8-11
Use props
djiflyer
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem.  Drone won't fly more than 100 ft high or more than 160 ft away from take off point.  I'm not in Beginner mode, have multiple flight modes enabled, max height is set to 120m and max distance is disabled.  
2017-8-11
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-11 08:50
Yesterday I was able to fly my drone perfectly. I could fly up to 120m high and up to 500m away from the takeoff point. This morning I noticed that my DJI app on my tablet had an update notice so I clicked on the DJI icon to start the update.
After the update was complete I left to go photograph some properties. When I launched my drone and started to fly it and take aerial photographs I suddenly got a warning stating I have reached my maximum altitude and my maximum distance. The drone was only 20m in the air and only 20m away from where I launched my drone.
I tried adjusted the settings and I also tried adjusting the multiple flight mode but was still unable to fly past 20m. I also restarted my tablet, restarted my drone and I even deleted and reinstalled the DJI app and the problem is still there.

DJI doesn't provide previous versions of the app.  Download the APK file for the version you want here;

https://apkpure.com/dji-go-for-products-before-p4/dji.pilot

and then install it.
2017-8-11
Use props
Hippie Trips
New
Puerto Rico

Are you still having problems? I did a reset on IMU and controller, charged the battery full updated the app and I was able to fly normally today.
2017-8-12
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787480 ft
United States

I just updated the firmware on my 3 Pro and now can't exceed 90 FT. I have checked all the settings and still can't fly above 90 Ft or very far away. I am a seasoned pilot and am now thoroughly confused. Thanks DJI for the wonderful update.
2017-8-21
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
United States

Did anyone ever figure this one out? I have the same issue. It has to be the update. I can not get my 3 pro to go above 90 FT or very far away. The beginner mode is turned off and so is the distance limitation. The altitude is set to 500 meters. This is ridiculous to have to go through all of this every time they put out a bogus update. I am a seasoned pilot and have many jobs to complete tomorrow and can not get any of our Phantom 3 Pros to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-21
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
United States

I reset my IMU and Gimble.  my firmware version is 1.11.20, remote controller 1.9.2. Still can not fly above 90 Ft..This is really frustrating.
2017-8-21
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
United States

I am a seasoned pilot and I just cannot figure this one out. Any more suggestions or has someone figured out what the issue is yet?
2017-8-21
Use props
Marv JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96381 ft
United States

The same thing was happening to me-----Temp. Quick Fix:  Log out and then log back in your DJI Go APP every time you change a battery.   This seems to work for me.  I did question DJI about a fix for this.  Today.  Their answer ==update all firmware, disable beginners and uninstall and reinstall dji go app.   
All my firmware is up to date--I will try uninstall and reinstall dji go app tomorrow.
2017-8-21
Use props
tommypc
lvl.1
United States

I fixed mine by syncing my flight data and uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go App. Works great now. Oh and don't forget to log back in to DJI with the new Go App after you reinstall.
2017-8-21
Use props
Kingfarms
New
United States

I have done all the latest firmware updates successfully however now its showing I need to do a battery upgrade. How do I do that??
2017-8-22
Use props
fansf4aa6468
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same problem and tried various fixes here.   Another catastrophically bad firmware and app update.  
2017-8-22
Use props
fans31f7c8b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360643 ft
United States

I get that issue sometimes also... the last time I got the error I landed it and restarted everything (app, RC, and drone) worked fine after that. Re calibrating the compass may help also
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules