Singapore
13169 39 2014-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

Hi Singapore Pilots!

Up to date, I only know one Pilot who stays near Singapore Flyer.

I know THERE is someone who stay just a couple of blocks from me. I saw the DJI Phantom but when I "ran" over.. The phantom and pilot is gone... (I might be too slow) haha...

Meanwhile, let all Singaporean DJI pilots gather and arrange a date to fly together..
2014-10-15
Use props
manfred_wolff
lvl.1

Spain

Hi there, I lived 15 years in Singapore in the 80th and 90th. All heli operation over the city was banned then. Is Phantom & co legal now? Or do you have to fly and run...
2014-12-7
Use props
drklaus
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi Desmond,
bought recently the DJI Phantom. Staying near Bedok Reservoir.
2014-12-9
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

manfred_wolff@l Posted at 2014-12-8 06:10
Hi there, I lived 15 years in Singapore in the 80th and 90th. All heli operation over the city was b ...

Hi there!

1980s and 1990s is banned? I haven't heard anything about that. But based on what I've checked and it's ok to fly almost everywhere. But it really depends on the crowd and you must ensure safety first. Oh ya.. the rules is, cannot go beyond 60 meters in height. *The rest is common sense.
2014-12-17
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

drklaus@singnet Posted at 2014-12-10 13:43
Hi Desmond,
bought recently the DJI Phantom. Staying near Bedok Reservoir.

Hi there!

Great to know another Singaporean just brought one! Which version did you purchased? FC40? V or V+?

A few great place you can fly which I go as well..
- East coast (attract a lot of crowd or joggers)
- http://gothere.sg/maps#q:1.357707%2C103.927210 (A huge empty field which you can test your distance)
- Lorong Halus (a lot of other professional flyers flew there as well)

Lastly, before you start flying anywhere. Remember to listen for planes and helicopters. There's a lot of training for the NDP. We don't know their route nor do they know ours.

Enjoy flying! Hope to see you sometimes.. ;)
2014-12-17
Use props
drklaus
lvl.1

Singapore

I bought the V+. Officially you need to keep a distance of 5 km from any airport/airbase; that means not many places left in the east ... Did my first flight in Bishan Park, and there is only a small section of East coast with more than 5 km from Payar Lebar and Changi.
But its fun. Enjoy flying too!
2014-12-17
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

drklaus@singnet Posted at 2014-12-18 13:55
I bought the V+. Officially you need to keep a distance of 5 km from any airport/airbase; that means ...

indeed.. after much checks.. singapore only left with a small amount of place to fly.. of cuz.. fly responsibly..
2015-3-4
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

Try this group

"My group, "Singapore Drone Kakis" have every daily meet ups  9 of 10 is DJI products haha. Mostly they are phantom users!"

http://forum.dji.com/search.php? ... it=yes&kw=proud
2015-3-5
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.2

Singapore

godfrey.dayo@po Posted at 2015-3-5 19:05
Try this group

"My group, "Singapore Drone Kakis" have every daily meet ups  9 of 10 is DJI prod ...

haha.. I'm in there..
2015-3-5
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

2015-3-28
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

2015-3-28
Use props
joesonyeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi
Glad to find post for SG users.

Can Phantom 3 user share in this post?
2015-5-11
Use props
Krafty
lvl.1

Singapore

Hey, new owner of Phantom 3 and keen to meet up with other users if around.
2015-6-3
Use props
kamarljaafar
New

Singapore

adesmond2@hotma Posted at 2014-12-18 12:34
Hi there!

Great to know another Singaporean just brought one! Which version did you purchased? F ...

Hello droners...l jus got phntom 3 adv last wednesday(18 nov),lm staying  @bedok reservoir,inside restricted flying area....so frustrated...lookin for dji owners to share...thnkz
2015-12-10
Use props
water_0106
Banned

Singapore

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-30
Use props
JorgeLorenzo_84
New

Singapore

hi guys..any idea about bringing in phantom 3 to malaysia??any problems at the customs so far??especially at the Kl airport customs?any feedbacks?and any other countries might have a problem at the customs?appreciate it if u guys can share any experiences
2016-1-8
Use props
user65a02ed115
New

Singapore

Hi guys! I am Wei Hong from Temasek polytechnic, currently doing major project on drone operation.

We are at the testing phase of the project, however due to unavailable Budget, we are unable to purchase phantom 4 for such test. Therefore I'm writing this post to ask if there is any kind soul who is willing to rent us their phantom 4 for this project.

You will be flying the drone and eveything will be in your control. However just one small request, we will be taking the footage at the end of the test.

If you are interested and would like to know more about this test, do give me a text at 8299 0152 or drop me an email at Tpco.weihong@gmail.com
2016-8-29
Use props
user65a02ed115
New

Singapore

Hi guys! I am Wei Hong from Temasek polytechnic, currently doing major project on drone operation.

We are at the testing phase of the project, however due to unavailable Budget, we are unable to purchase phantom 4 for such test. Therefore I'm writing this post to ask if there is any kind soul who is willing to rent us their phantom 4 for this project.
You will be flying the drone and eveything will be in your control. However just one small request, we will be taking the footage at the end of the test.

Detailed information (assuming it's filmed in a stadium):

The drone will first take off from the grass patch (base) near the track to a height of 100  feet, before making its way to the track. Upon reaching, it will descend to a height of 35 feet and overfly the track for about 100 m autonomously via the waypoints navigation pre-set. After it has reached the 100 m mark, it will climb back to 100 feet before making its way back to the grass patch (base).

If you are interested and would like to know more about this test, do give me a text at 8299 0152 or drop me an email at Tpco.weihong@gmail.com
2016-8-29
Use props
userc512da22c8
New

Hi guys, i am filming a project with an electric skateboard next month and could use some footage taken by a drone following me. Are there any drone enthusiasts who wants to join in? It'll be a really fun time it would be great if u could contact me at 98252569 or 2199233648@qq.com
2016-10-30
Use props
Tdarren
lvl.1
Singapore

Anyone have a good and extensive map of no fly zones in Singapore. As the ones online are just roughly..And not super clear. I live in hillview.
2017-1-19
Use props
garudarobotics
New

Singapore

Tdarren Posted at 2017-1-19 03:11
Anyone have a good and extensive map of no fly zones in Singapore. As the ones online are just roughly..And not super clear. I live in hillview.

Hello friends, last year we built a tool that mashes up google maps and caas data for checking no fly zones. It's by no means perfect, but we hope you find it useful. Check it out https://plex.garuda.io/map (data outside singapore based on airmap, also contains weather, national parks and heritage trees currently, more to come).

Is there something that you would like us to build for you? We hope you can answer this survey. Appreciate your inputs!

https://goo.gl/forms/Pk7Xz9BNTZKTsJJy1

---

Original invitation:

Here at Garuda Robotics, we're building the next generation of UAV software products and we want to hear what you have to say.

By taking a short 10-minute survey, you'll help us understand what you need to make drone operations smoother, safer and more effective.

To show our appreciation for your feedback, we'll randomly select 10 survey respondents to receive a free 6-month subscription to Garuda Plex (worth $90). That's a win-win!
2017-2-18
Use props
KELAITRE
New

Singapore

AXA Insurance has launched Singapore's first leisure drone insurance! For $160 annually, drone owners can be covered against accidental damages to their precious devices as well as third party liabilities in the event of damage to assets or injury to persons. PM me for more info.
2017-3-31
Use props
silverstorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85735 ft
Singapore

hi, i am living in punggol, just bought a phantom 3 SE, hope to see more friends here!
2017-4-28
Use props
fansf754ba80
New
Flight distance : 37205 ft
Singapore

Hi, is there anyone who can recommend a place for me to send my dji phantom 4 for repair?
2017-5-2
Use props
fans2224d14e
New

Singapore

fansf754ba80 Posted at 2017-5-2 18:59
Hi, is there anyone who can recommend a place for me to send my dji phantom 4 for repair?

Login a support case on dji site. It will ask u ship to hongkong or was it shenzhen. I done it before. Service is good.they ship back. U pay both way postage only.
2017-8-12
Use props
fans0a963495
lvl.2

Singapore

It's been awhile, hi guys! haha..
2018-5-4
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft

really a while...and thats a few years back
2018-5-6
Use props
ades
lvl.2

Singapore

Siambuddhas Group Posted at 2018-5-6 09:31
really a while...and thats a few years back

indeed! I wonder why the forum didn't send me any notification as well.. haha..
But again, glad to be back!

When I first join.. I remember the forum only got less then 5 tabs.. whahahaha..
2018-5-6
Use props
djiuser_tcSiLftcvQ8n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78130 ft
Turkey

hi everyone(..i lost my mavic air drone in the gardens by the bay in singapur..please if someone found write my e mail.. erdalagel@gmail.com
2018-5-25
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Singapore

djiuser_tcSiLftcvQ8n Posted at 2018-5-25 02:47
hi everyone(..i lost my mavic air drone in the gardens by the bay in singapur..please if someone found write my e mail.. erdalagel@gmail.com

best if u can give the flight log......
2018-5-25
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Singapore

oh ya...best if u can email Garden by the Bay feedback@gardensbythebay.com.sg
2018-5-25
Use props
thefriwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10643 ft
Spain

Singapore is an awesome city to fly within!
2018-11-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

this is an "old School Thread
2018-11-20
Use props
Jessica Ann Lee
lvl.1

Singapore

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-11-20 03:05
this is an "old School Thread

what do you mean "old school thread"?
2019-5-6
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Jessica Ann Lee Posted at 5-6 01:35
what do you mean "old school thread"?

nothing bad , simply it is and old post
2019-5-7
Use props
jannlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 5-7 03:47
nothing bad , simply it is and old post

awww haha.
yeah less people in forum now.

singapore is great to fly drones. only been flying in parks.
2019-5-7
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

jannlee Posted at 5-7 19:55
awww haha.
yeah less people in forum now.

Nice to meet you Hug from Spain
2019-5-8
Use props
jannlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 5-8 00:11
Nice to meet you  Hug from Spain

nice to meet u.
is spain full of great places to fly drones?

btw to the singaporeans in this thread, do u guys get drone insurance cover?
Like this https://hmconsultancy.com.sg/niche-speciality-insurance/drones-insurance/ for drone protection.

i am wondering if it is necessary

2019-5-20
Use props
jannlee
lvl.1

Singapore

jannlee Posted at 5-20 21:09
nice to meet u.
is spain full of great places to fly drones?

sorry i mean like this type of drone insurance cover
is it necessary in city area to protect my baby?

to be honest, because singapore cars are so expensive, I am more worried abt my drones falling and hitting someone's car.

2019-5-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I always fly my drones in nature, far from cities and people, it's the only way to get away from the madding crowd ...

2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules