Failware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So it appears that all the p4 series are having firmware issues now. Some units are, some are not. When you contact dji and tell them about the problems they are telling people that their problem is hardware and that if they have no warranty then they will have to pay to have the drone repaired. They are doing this despite the fact that we have proven that the firmware is the problem but the people that dont freuquent the forums would not know that they can roll back and the problem will disappear.Since DJI is not allowing you to rollback with their software most people would have no option other than to pay for repair. Since some people have no issues im wonder if those arent the people who still have a warranty. My old p4 was having all the reported issues that have been reported. It was out of waranty. My new p4 does have a warranty so I think im gonna see if it has the same issues my old p4 had after the update. I have not updated since I got it. It is still on 0602. Im gonna get a video of it flying before and after the update. Im going to go through the same exact process I did with my old p4 on my new p4. Same computer, same location, same everything and well see how a p4 with a warranty acts after the failware update. Ill post my results when im done if I dont get banned first.

2017-7-31
Use props
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

Just having the word banned in your post will get you banned lol
2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Well the results are in and some of yall are gonna be pi**ed! Im putting the videos on youtube now. Ill post links when there done.
2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Old firmware (0602):

2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

After installing the latest firmware:

2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

They look about the same to me. The only difference between the two p4's is that the one that crashed after the update had no warranty and this one does. They both had 0602 before the update and both controllers were on 1.8.0. I did everything EXACTLY the same as I did the crashed Phantom 4 on the new Phantom 4. I find that very odd. I did notice that the camera tweaked out for a second on the new p4 but I also didnt do any calibrations. It was yoyoing a bit before and after but that happens at night for some reason. I would be very interested to learn how many Phantoms under warranty had issues after the firmware verses out of warranty Phantoms.
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-31 19:20
They look about the same to me. The only difference between the two p4's is that the one that crashed after the update had no warranty and this one does. They both had 0602 before the update and both controllers were on 1.8.0. I did everything EXACTLY the same as I did the crashed Phantom 4 on the new Phantom 4. I find that very odd. I did notice that the camera tweaked out for a second on the new p4 but I also didnt do any calibrations. It was yoyoing a bit before and after but that happens at night for some reason. I would be very interested to learn how many Phantoms under warranty had issues after the firmware verses out of warranty Phantoms.

In second video check out your gimbal at about 1:00-1:02. I suspect that is the same as the 4k recording stop and gimbal reset that I and a few are seeing.
2017-8-1
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-1 15:42
In second video check out your gimbal at about 1:00-1:02. I suspect that is the same as the 4k recording stop and gimbal reset that I and a few are seeing.

Could be. I wasnt recording though. I havent calibrated it either. At least its stable. I flew earlier and the gimbal was allover the place but it kept recording. Ill try again after I calibrate everything.
2017-8-1
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I reloaded the firmware with Assistant 2 and the gimbal issue hasnt happened again.
2017-8-2
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I ended up going back to the previous firmware version following the instructions that DJI just deleted. Use Phantom Pilots to get the instructions. I don't think there is time to wait for DJI to release an update and get it tested properly before my trip.
2017-8-2
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Fordzilla Posted at 2017-8-2 13:00
So this is the PM I recieved from DJI today after they removed all posts that I had telling users how to fix their own drones after DJI Damaged them...

Ford, I appreciate you trying to help other users solve issues they may be having, but unfortunately we cannot allow users to promote unauthorized modifications to the hardware or software of DJI drones.

I agree with that statement 100%. Its just wrong what they are doing. Not allowing a rollback because of hacking just doesnt hold water. Its quite clear that anybody wanting to hack their drone can easily do so and they can do so with the current firmware. You can change anything you want in the new failware the same as you could the earlier firmware. They are not solving anything by not allowing a rollback so that leaves only one conclusion and that is that they are trying to raise up their 3rd quarter profits. Charging to repair a firmware issue is all profit. Why is my under warranty p4 immune to the failware? Ive installed it twice and its flown perfectly with both installs. My old p4 flew like crap and I did nothing different to my new p4. People are saying that the hardware must be different. Im sorry, I dont buy that. Why would hardware be different from one p4 to another? I just dont buy that argument. Something else is going on here. Another thing, they keep deleting my posts. Thats just sketchy as hell.
2017-8-2
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules