Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gesture Mode Indoors
1038 3 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Indi91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Hi All,

Im new to DJI and drones all together. Would like to know if the gesture mode works indoors (or without GPS?)?. Because it is advertised to just bring it out (no need rc or smartphone, means cant see number of gps) and palm launch it and it will hover when it recognised your face. As much as i was reading and flew abit myself (Atti mode launch in controlled environment), i noticed GPS is quite important in keeping the aircraft stable at its position (along with VPS). Will it hover precisely by tracking your face or you in general?

In lieu with above, if its able to keep it self stable just by tracking, if it loses gps connection while in active track, it shouldnt drift?

Sorry for my newbie question.

Regards,
Indi
2017-8-1
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

flying in door relies on VPS & not your face.... if your floor is reflective or flying over a reflective surface it will definately affect the VPS make sure is also well lited.
2017-8-1
Use props
Indi91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Thank you for your reply . Guess i need to experiment more on the surface pattern. Gestures work perfectly for me except the video mode. Will try that more. I read on that in the manual, got confused when VPS didnt work when i took off from a basketball court (rubbery type like futsal court.)
2017-8-1
Use props
eylneb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

hmm basketball court? should be open space right.. anyway refer to page 12, the criterias are there
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules